8 Months On Propecia - No Results (pics)... Help

Gfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!

So last year I noticed that my hair line started thinning and I was getting a widows peak. I found this odd as my no one in my family is bald, everyone has great hair on both sides of the family. Once I noticed my thinning hair I decided to take action... So around October 2017 time I started taking 1mg propecia daily (I did this for a couple months then started taking it every other day, as I was getting bad side effects). At this time i also switched to a natural shampoo and started taking vitamin b supplements and 2000mg biotin daily. I also have a good diet and take good care of my body.

So it has been about 8 months now, maybe a little less, and I haven't noticed any change. My hair feels a little healthier but thats it.

What should I do? The thinning hair line has been making me depressed and I don't know what I can do. Any advice would be great!

Attached are pics

thanks!

Attachments

• JAN.jpg
    JAN.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 4,018
  • MAY.jpg
    MAY.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,054

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
first of all: nice density!

do you even have noticable hairloss when washing your hair or when you are running with your hand through your hair? ? what about your pillow?

finasteride doesnt always regrow and especially the front is the most difficult to regrow. but ive read from multiple finasteride users, that they got improvement after the 12th month mark. so stick to it.

but maybe finasteride stopped your hairloss! that would be already great

lexluthor.12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't always expect regrowth on finasteride, but you are obviously maintaining for now. So I would recommend for you to stick with it.

What sides did you get by the way?

Gfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
first of all: nice density!

do you even have noticable hairloss when washing your hair or when you are running with your hand through your hair? ? what about your pillow?

finasteride doesnt always regrow and especially the front is the most difficult to regrow. but ive read from multiple finasteride users, that they got improvement after the 12th month mark. so stick to it.

but maybe finasteride stopped your hairloss! that would be already great

Thanks! I have actually never noticed much hair coming out when i wash it or on my pillow, just a few loose strands which i expect to be normal. I will continue taking finasteride

Gfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't always expect regrowth on finasteride, but you are obviously maintaining for now. So I would recommend for you to stick with it.

What sides did you get by the way?

Not sure if all these sides were because of finasteride or unrelated, but they did seem to go when i started taking it every other day!

I had a mild aching pain in my testicles, lower sex drive, occasionally a sharp pain in my side and brain fog

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anything else that i can do/try to fix my hairline?

You can try to figure out a way to manage the side effects so that you can bring your dose back up to 1mg daily. Obviously reducing more dht could have a better affect on your hair.

You could also add minoxidil and only use it at the hairline if that’s your main concern.

Most don’t get regrowth at the hairline on finasteride alone, they have to add minoxidil.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!

So last year I noticed that my hair line started thinning and I was getting a widows peak. I found this odd as my no one in my family is bald, everyone has great hair on both sides of the family. Once I noticed my thinning hair I decided to take action... So around October 2017 time I started taking 1mg propecia daily (I did this for a couple months then started taking it every other day, as I was getting bad side effects). At this time i also switched to a natural shampoo and started taking vitamin b supplements and 2000mg biotin daily. I also have a good diet and take good care of my body.

So it has been about 8 months now, maybe a little less, and I haven't noticed any change. My hair feels a little healthier but thats it.

What should I do? The thinning hair line has been making me depressed and I don't know what I can do. Any advice would be great!

Attached are pics

thanks!

Propecia usually either maintains or grows hair back usually on the crown. The hair line seems to be related heavily to a structure change of the scalp in my opinion which is why it is so difficult to grow hair back there as opposed to the crown/vertex.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are at least maintaining what you have then that is a success. I can't even get myself to maintain on much harder drugs, be grateful. Nice hair too.

Gfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all! Do you think its worth me giving minoxidil a go? My hair is fine on the crown, it's just the hairline which is the issue. I often read about minoxidil making hair loss worse which is the only thing putting me off.

Another thing, would you guys say I definitely have male pattern baldness? Or could the hairline receeding be related to something else such as stress?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all! Do you think its worth me giving minoxidil a go? My hair is fine on the crown, it's just the hairline which is the issue. I often read about minoxidil making hair loss worse which is the only thing putting me off.

Another thing, would you guys say I definitely have male pattern baldness? Or could the hairline receeding be related to something else such as stress?
Its most likely male pattern baldness. Just because nobody else in your family is expressing the gene doesn't mean you are safe. No male is safe from male pattern baldness.

AndrewU

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,
I’ve been on finasteride for about 8.5 months but I’ve only seen recession. I think I’ve noticed it increasing suddenly this last month (7.5-8.5). What does this mean? Am I just a bad responder?
(Began in late June 2018
If so- what’s the next step?
Been obsessing about it a lot, been making me really anxious.

I’ve attached photos
Feb 2019
Nov 2018
Jan 2019
(Baseline) Dec 2017

Attachments

• 1682D97B-4532-4F57-BB1A-8CCBC8B5578F.jpeg
    1682D97B-4532-4F57-BB1A-8CCBC8B5578F.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 527
  • 3CB35D27-52A7-4D46-A4AA-395491AFF1D3.jpeg
    3CB35D27-52A7-4D46-A4AA-395491AFF1D3.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 462