8 Months Of Non Stop Shedding, What The Hell Is Going On?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've now reached 8 months of a non stop shed that's causing me lose about 200 hairs a day, I'm losing thick and thin/thinning hairs and the ones that are growing back are very thin and wispy which don't grow long at all.. Before it was just a receding hairline but for the last few months I have began thinning behind the hairline! I can't wear my hair any way without using concealer to cover up my hairline or it is quite noticeable that I'm losing my hair up front. I'm on a pretty strong regimen so it makes no sense why I'm losing so much hair! Every morning I can run my hands through my hair for 5 - 10 minutes and get over 100 hairs easily.. There's not been one day I've been able to brush my hands through my hair and not get a fallen strand. Its driving me insane! What else can I do? Its very demoralizing, especially when I read about people taking 0.25mg finasteride EOD and getting maintenance + regrowth :mad::(

Last edited:

realself

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Stop everything you are taking. Introduce one at a time and wait a month or longer before introducing the next treatment...See if you can spot which one (if any) is causing the shedding.
2. Do a complete blood test and see if anything is out of ordinary (like hormonal imbalance or something similar).
3. If you have lately experienced stress (outside of the hairloss shedding) try to manage it...I know, easier said than done.
4. Try the Zix formulation posted by @worm, see the details here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ce-how-b6-and-zinc-have-saved-my-hair.101629/

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Stop everything you are taking. Introduce one at a time and wait a month or longer before introducing the next treatment...See if you can spot which one (if any) is causing the shedding.
2. Do a complete blood test and see if anything is out of ordinary (like hormonal imbalance or something similar).
3. If you have lately experienced stress (outside of the hairloss shedding) try to manage it...I know, easier said than done.
4. Try the Zix formulation posted by @worm, see the details here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ce-how-b6-and-zinc-have-saved-my-hair.101629/
I know which treatment it is that was causing the shedding and it was likely the dodgy Thai loniten tablets I was taking. I've since switched to drinking Kirkland's minoxidil and went through an even worse shed, but my shedding has decreased drastically compared to what it was. I even have some regrowth but its still thin.. I still feel I am receding behind this new hair though.. My best option really, is to continue as its the ones who persevere who find success.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've now reached 8 months of a non stop shed that's causing me lose about 200 hairs a day, I'm losing thick and thin/thinning hairs and the ones that are growing back are very thin and wispy which don't grow long at all.. Before it was just a receding hairline but for the last few months I have began thinning behind the hairline! I can't wear my hair any way without using concealer to cover up my hairline or it is quite noticeable that I'm losing my hair up front. I'm on a pretty strong regimen so it makes no sense why I'm losing so much hair! Every morning I can run my hands through my hair for 5 - 10 minutes and get over 100 hairs easily.. There's not been one day I've been able to brush my hands through my hair and not get a fallen strand. Its driving me insane! What else can I do? Its very demoralizing, especially when I read about people taking 0.25mg finasteride EOD and getting maintenance + regrowth :mad::(

I understand mate. I've got a big event tomorrow that I should be looking forward to but I've just run my hand through my hair over and over and 50 hairs in the sink looking back at me, feels like a bit of your soul is ripped away each time doesn't it?

You're on oral minoxidil and still losing? Whats the update? what are you on now, any improvement? When will this f*****g nightmare end. good luck mate.

Also have you ever got blood work done? dht levels? testosterone check? Maybe we're in the same boat here

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand mate. I've got a big event tomorrow that I should be looking forward to but I've just run my hand through my hair over and over and 50 hairs in the sink looking back at me, feels like a bit of your soul is ripped away each time doesn't it?

You're on oral minoxidil and still losing? Whats the update? what are you on now, any improvement? When will this f*****g nightmare end. good luck mate.

Also have you ever got blood work done? dht levels? testosterone check? Maybe we're in the same boat here
Check my last post on this thread, that should cover the hair side of things. I've never had my blood work done, I don't even know what to ask for outside of DHT or even if the doctor would agree to screen me for such things.