8 Month On Finasteride - Doesn't Work...

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm on minoxidil and RU for 3 years or so and got some nice regrowth in the past, but was losing ground since then so I started Finasteride 8 month ago.

I have no sides but no effect on hair either. The first 7 months I was still losing ground and since 3 weeks or so I got a massive shedding (I'm a diffuse thinner). My hair is a mess now and even Toppik won't work anymore soon.

Is there any hope for me? :/ Will finasteride work some day? I don't believe it to be honest...

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair doesn’t thicken up by 6 months it’s pretty much a wrap. By thicken up I mean reverse miniaturization

Have you tried increasing your ru dosage?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'd guess either you're a non responder or the finasteride is making your receptors even more sensitive. I'm more disturbed to hear that RU stopped working. I would think that drugs that attack or bind to receptors (RU) should be more effective than drugs that reduce the amount of dht in your system (finasteride/dutasteride) since those drugs won't be able to get rid of 100% of dht. How long were you off the RU? If you've been off for a few weeks or months maybe you could jump back on and see if it will be effective again. Maybe the body somehow adapts so cycling might be the answer.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What RU are you using? I had early gains same powder but doesn’t seem to dissolve anymore. Thinking of trying the Anagen pre-made.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Many people don't realize this and it took me a while to figure it out myself but the fact is that RU does not remain stable in a lotion over time

Do not use a pre-mixed lotion of you want to guarantee the best results on RU and even CB

Just drop a bit of powder in the vehicle a minute before applying it, shake well and that is it

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't use the pre-mixed lotion and I'm using 100mg each day since 2014.

el_duterino

Reaction score
OK that's good
Maybe try CB instead of RU

100mg seems a lot though too much isn't going to work well

In my experience the best results over time are achieved when the body does not over compensate for abnormalities in androgen levels

By using a very large RU amount and finasteride you get a negative reaction of over sensitive AR - basically the body will increase the number of AR and crank up testosterone production

My plan of action would be to use no more than 40mg of RU, but more minoxidil and stemoxydine

Last edited:

el_duterino

Reaction score
What also happens is that the scalp gets more porous over time due to alcohol so that amounts required will change

For me I get side over 20mg while I was fine on 100mg for the first months

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed the RU isn’t dissolving any more in the Stemox. Is there a better option with PG and Isopropyl alcohol that might work? I was mixing 7 days at a time and storing in fridge. Started to get thickening and minor gyno then result fell off of a cliff with this bag. The Powder is a year old storages in freezer unopened from Anagen.

el_duterino

Reaction score
My powder is stored in the freezer and was received in March of 2015 and still works the exact same and dissolves the same

make sure the container you use is tightly sealed. I suspect it is not

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been keeping it in the Anagen bags. I have two unopened bags. I need to find a better vehicle. Any ideas?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
8 months is still not that long, it can take quite a few cycles. if you aren't experiencing sides then i would say stick with it. Some it can only take 6 months, some a year, some over a year. I have seen reports of people only getting regrowth after the 16 month mark.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
8 months is still not that long, it can take quite a few cycles. if you aren't experiencing sides then i would say stick with it. Some it can only take 6 months, some a year, some over a year. I have seen reports of people only getting regrowth after the 16 month mark.

Thank you :)

But that I dontd have regrowth yet is one thing, the other thing is, that my hairloss is still not stopped.

Dondets

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen evidence that Dutasteride (avodart) can be very effective in treating hair loss.
dutfin2.png

Last edited: