7 Years of hairloss medication

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
First of I see a lot of stuff about RU58841 over the last 6 months. I have been using it for 2+ years. Did I see a significant result from it? The answer is inconclusive.

My details are rough but I started treating hairloss at 20. I am now about to turn 27.

When I started.

1mg finasteride
5% minoxidil 2x a day

My hairloss at the 9 month mark shed like crazy then it came back slightly thicker and more hair then when I started. It has slowly lost ground but not significantly. Maybe 10% loss since when I started.

I am still on

1MG finasteride
Switched to 15% Xandrox once a day (2+ years ago)
Low Level Laser Therapy 3x a week (started this about 12 months ago and results are good. Thickening + hair growth)
RU58841 (started this 2+ years ago. I dont know if it works or if its the LLLT which I would of started 12 months into RU)

I have tried Revivogen, spironolactone Cream, 15%, dutasteride, saw palmetto etc. All my treatments I have given 12 months to see any changes. Did not notice any changes.

finasteride Works, minoxidil Works, LLLT works, RU58841 still not sure.

RU58841

Any forum member results?

Storage? How do you store? I put the container in the fridge and make 10ML at a time at 4%. 70% alcohol 30% PPG

I find when I first get the powder it has a distinct fishy smell and slightly yellow (faith eagle). The longer in the fridge the more the fishy smell goes away and the more white it becomes. After 6 months its white and no smell. What is up with that?

CB

I am happy to buy this and try for 12 months. Who do I buy from?

Give treatments time to work. Go 1x experimental treatment at a time
This is my last comment. I see people go on treatments for a few months then stop. It takes longer then this. I also see people start numerous treatments at the same time then shout to the hills that RU works but yet they started minoxidil at the same time. HEH!

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about spelling as in a rush. I suffer from diagnosed depression over last 9 months and I want to ditch the finasteride. This is why I want to try CB.

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
I use OMG - overmachograndes home made laser helmet.

I have photos of my progress. My photos are just me holding a camera to the top of my head. Not taken any in last 12 months. Will get my girlfriend to take some photos now.

I know it works as I have tried numerous treatments, waiting a fair amount of time. Myself, friends, hairdresser etc could tell no difference.

However with LLLT my hair is thicker, and possible more hairs also. Will check photos to see I not going crazy.

Can anyone help me with my questions?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I have tried Revivogen, spironolactone Cream, 15%, dutasteride, saw palmetto etc. All my treatments I have given 12 months to see any changes. Did not notice any changes.

>what do you exactly mean by no changes ? no change to the rate of worsening of the situation or no cosmetic changes ?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
messmorph said:
First of I see a lot of stuff about RU58841 over the last 6 months. I have been using it for 2+ years. Did I see a significant result from it? The answer is inconclusive.

My details are rough but I started treating hairloss at 20. I am now about to turn 27.

When I started.

1mg finasteride
5% minoxidil 2x a day

My hairloss at the 9 month mark shed like crazy then it came back slightly thicker and more hair then when I started. It has slowly lost ground but not significantly. Maybe 10% loss since when I started.

I am still on

1MG finasteride
Switched to 15% Xandrox once a day (2+ years ago)
Low Level Laser Therapy 3x a week (started this about 12 months ago and results are good. Thickening + hair growth)
RU58841 (started this 2+ years ago. I dont know if it works or if its the LLLT which I would of started 12 months into RU)

finasteride Works, minoxidil Works, LLLT works, RU58841 still not sure.

RU58841

Any forum member results?

Storage? How do you store? I put the container in the fridge and make 10ML at a time at 4%. 70% alcohol 30% PPG

I find when I first get the powder it has a distinct fishy smell and slightly yellow (faith eagle). The longer in the fridge the more the fishy smell goes away and the more white it becomes. After 6 months its white and no smell. What is up with that?

CB

I am happy to buy this and try for 12 months. Who do I buy from?

Give treatments time to work. Go 1x experimental treatment at a time
This is my last comment. I see people go on treatments for a few months then stop. It takes longer then this. I also see people start numerous treatments at the same time then shout to the hills that RU works but yet they started minoxidil at the same time. HEH!

How long does that 10ml of 4% RU last you? Like how many applications are you getting from it?

And are you just using it once per day?