66% Of Covid-19 "long Haul Survivors" Surveyed Suffer Hair Loss

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems a lot of people develop hair loss from Covid-19. I wonder if it's related to PGD2 as asthma sufferers get hit hard by coronavirus. If you get it it might be a good idea to take TM30089.

https://www.foxla.com/news/65-of-co...ncing-hair-loss-among-other-long-term-effects

Jesus, most people that get hospitalated are old people, old you get, more chances to have Androgenetic Alopecia !!!! . How many person of 70 will have Androgenetic Alopecia ? 60 or 70% at least ? What else, they have grey hair ? lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus, most people that get hospitalated are old people, old you get, more chances to have Androgenetic Alopecia !!!! . How many person of 70 will have Androgenetic Alopecia ? 60 or 70% at least ? What else, they have grey hair ? lol

You really are retarded aren't you? This is not the study that said bald men are more likely to get Androgenetic Alopecia. It is saying that hair loss happens AFTER getting covid. This is reportedly happening in tons of young people, including women.

https://imgur.com/a/UUHggak

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankfully it appears to only be temporary.

“According to Cleveland Clinic, a phenomenon called telogen effluvium is to blame. It is a form of non-scarring hair loss that results from an abnormal shift in follicular cycling.”

"Essentially, it is a temporary hair loss from excessive shedding due to a shock to the system," Khetarpal said. "There are several common triggers, such as surgery, major physical or psychological trauma, any kind of infection or high fever, extreme weight loss or a change in diet."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/covid-19-symptom-hair-loss-side-effect/

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had Corona, my whole family did. Extended family member died. I think I maybe noticed an increase in shedding but its very difficult to tell, I'm more concerned with what it's done to my lungs. I'm 34 btw

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had Corona, my whole family did. Extended family member died. I think I maybe noticed an increase in shedding but its very difficult to tell, I'm more concerned with what it's done to my lungs. I'm 34 btw

Have you had any kind of medical imaging of your lungs done to ascertain the damage?

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just been referred for a chest x-ray to check whats going on. I can feel in myself something is not right. I get out of breath talking, I'm physically normally quite fit, play football once a week and go to the gym every day. Hopefully its temp damage, but the college basketball player dying after recovering has me scared. Guess I'll find out soon.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really are retarded aren't you? This is not the study that said bald men are more likely to get Androgenetic Alopecia. It is saying that hair loss happens AFTER getting covid. This is reportedly happening in tons of young people, including women.

https://imgur.com/a/UUHggak
Yes, sure. Yu are an idiot that believe the Tabloids. Anyway , who f*****g care ? There are tons of disease that do produce hair loss.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, sure. Yu are an idiot that believe the Tabloids. Anyway , who f*****g care ? There are tons of disease that do produce hair loss.

Yes, thank you big brain Booker for that insight. Always a pleasure to read your posts.

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just been referred for a chest x-ray to check whats going on. I can feel in myself something is not right. I get out of breath talking, I'm physically normally quite fit, play football once a week and go to the gym every day. Hopefully its temp damage, but the college basketball player dying after recovering has me scared. Guess I'll find out soon.

I wish you and your family all the best man.
This whole thing is insane, I just discovered that a co-worker that sits next to me at work has Covid, so obviously I can't leave the house for a while and can only hope nothing happens.

Get well soon and stay strong.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
After the infection, not before

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thankfully it appears to only be temporary.

“According to Cleveland Clinic, a phenomenon called telogen effluvium is to blame. It is a form of non-scarring hair loss that results from an abnormal shift in follicular cycling.”

"Essentially, it is a temporary hair loss from excessive shedding due to a shock to the system," Khetarpal said. "There are several common triggers, such as surgery, major physical or psychological trauma, any kind of infection or high fever, extreme weight loss or a change in diet."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/covid-19-symptom-hair-loss-side-effect/

If you consider the structural characteristics of hair follicles, this kind of "shock" hair loss is quite easy to explain and identifies the common factor here. Any tissue trauma causes tissue swelling. This increase in tissue fluid pressure causes a distortion of the local hair follicles, that reduces the hair production area until complete involution of the germinal matrix causes hair shedding producing the noted club hair shape.
Tissue trauma, immune reactions, chemotherapy and radiation poisoning all increase tissue fluid pressures. The effect upon hair follicles is easy to understand through the attached diagram.

The tissue swelling moves the surface of the skin away from the DP/ germinal matrix. This pulls the body of the follicle upwards, and starts to pull the germinal matrix away from the DP, reducing contact from the outside inwards. Hair growth stops also from the outside inwards, producing the club hair shape. If hair growth around the germinal matrix stopped by any other process, the end of the shed hair would mirror the shape of the DP/GM with some shrinkage. It is the club or rounded end of the shed hair that tells the story here. Changes in the size of anagen follicles, can also be easily explained by the influence of local tissue fluid pressures as I describe in my article PDF attached.

There is a testable prediction here. If increased tissue fluid pressures are the actual mechanism of the common changes in hair follicle size, there will also be significant changes in the sweating capacity of the surrounding tissues. Where hair growth is reduced, there will be increased sweating capacity. Where hair growth is increased, there will be reduced sweating capacity of the surrounding tissue. It turns out that this has already been confirmed in androgen related changes in hair growth. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3203673/

Attachments

• Hair follicle germinal matrix.jpg
    Hair follicle germinal matrix.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Y4 Hair Growth Discussion Article.pdf
    709.3 KB · Views: 175

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish you and your family all the best man.
This whole thing is insane, I just discovered that a co-worker that sits next to me at work has Covid, so obviously I can't leave the house for a while and can only hope nothing happens.

Get well soon and stay strong.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. Definitely not something to risk, I find the whole "it won't kill me" attitude really weird tbh i've felt absolutely awful after having it, its not like anything i've experienced before.

resu

Reaction score
She has the anti-bodies to fight the virus, what possible mechanism is at play here?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tissue trauma, immune reactions, chemotherapy and radiation poisoning all increase tissue fluid pressures.

Fantastic your knowledge, but in our case, "Tissue trauma, immune reactions, chemotherapy and radiation poisoning" affects all scalp hair, and it is not a explanation of our special pattern in common hair loss.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Likely just shock loss. And can be treated, similar to thyroid etc. this isn’t permanent loss.

Probably shock loss, and definitely not Androgenetic Alopecia. It's probably temporary, but it could be immune related, which might make it permanent or recurring.