60s rock stars with full heads of hair...

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the death of Charlie Watts noticed so many of these dinosaurs with full heads of hair.. all of the Stones...McCartney...Rod Stewart...Plant. .Daltrey...Clapton.. whats going on...procedures? drugs?...or just lucky bastewrds who havent done a tap in 50 odd years with money and women coming out of their ears?

Sickening to see a load of old codgers with more hair in their 70s than I had in my 20s.. .

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe they have had work done. Some of them probably wear wigs too, a full head of hair is vital for their image.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure at least half of them either had work done or wear wigs/toupees. Ditto most actors too.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With the death of Charlie Watts noticed so many of these dinosaurs with full heads of hair.. all of the Stones...McCartney...Rod Stewart...Plant. .Daltrey...Clapton.. whats going on...procedures? drugs?...or just lucky bastewrds who havent done a tap in 50 odd years with money and women coming out of their ears?

Sickening to see a load of old codgers with more hair in their 70s than I had in my 20s.. .
Look at Joe perry as well. Nikki sixx. Its pretty unbelievable, and a coincidence?

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at Joe perry as well. Nikki sixx. Its pretty unbelievable, and a coincidence?
To be fair, I do think people who keep their hair are more likely to be famous actors, rock stars, politicians etc. but my point is I'm sure it's far from every one of them, though with politicians some of them it seems didn't spend enough or were sloppy with it and look like they are wearing.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

When did Charlie Watt die? I hadn't heard that. Sseesh I am on here a lot. Some of them are wearing systems or extensions I think like Daltrey and Stewart. Roger Waters still has amazing hair last I saw. Jagger might still have all of his hair and long but I am not sure about any of this.

Last edited:

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score

Lol.......Well, you're not very observant and your post is woefully inaccurate.

First of all, as a Stones fan I am devastated by the news of Charlies Watts death. RIP Charlie you will be greatly missed

No, all of the Stones do not have "full heads of hair". Charlie Watts was completely bald on the crown. He started losing his hair in the mid 70's, which is why he cropped his hair short at the time of making the 'Black and Blue' album (1976) and really short by the time 'Some Girls' was released (1978).

Keith Richards hair has been thinning since the 90's and is in NW4 territory now........which is why he wears hats these days or sports a variety of bandanas and head scarves. I really wish he would do something about it because his hair looks terrible when he's not wearing a disguise - but as an old school Brit he probably views hair transplants as 'vanity'and will therefore continue to be stoic and just let it go.

Paul McCartney's hair has been thinning for quite a while but he's still got decent coverage for his age

Rock stars and celebrities are no different to the general public where hair is concerned. About 20% of people are genetically blessed and get to keep most (or all) of their hair - and around 80% are genetically cursed and will have to face up to the Norwood Reaper.

By the way, the guys you mention are not lucky barstewards. All of them paid their dues and worked hard for their success

Last edited:

TressFracture

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even Dylan’s hair doesn’t look so great these days.

To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone over the age of 65 with a truly good head of hair. Even a “great” head of hair at 65 would probably be disastrous for someone in their twenties.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

First of all, as a Stones fan I am devastated by the news of Charlies Watts death. RIP Charlie you will be greatly missed

No, all of the Stones do not have "full heads of hair". Charlie Watts was completely bald on the crown. He started losing his hair in the mid 70's, which is why he cropped his hair short at the time of making the 'Black and Blue' album (1976) and really short by the time 'Some Girls' was released (1978).

Keith Richards hair has been thinning since the 90's and is in NW4 territory now........which is why he wears hats these days or sports a variety of bandanas and head scarves. I really wish he would do something about it because his hair looks terrible when he's not wearing a disguise - but as an old school Brit he probably views hair transplants as 'vanity'and will therefore continue to be stoic and just let it go.

Paul McCartney's hair has been thinning for quite a while but he's still got decent coverage for his age

Rock stars and celebrities are no different to the general public where hair is concerned. About 20% of people are genetically blessed and get to keep most (or all) of their hair - and around 80% are genetically cursed and will have to face up to the Norwood Reaper.

By the way, the guys you mention are not lucky barstewards. All of them paid their dues and worked hard for their success
T'ain't bad at all McGee. Thanks for that, I went through an online forum on that and nobody seemed to know. I shoot for Mick 1968 and approximately that length more and more. McCartney's always been my hair idol along with George.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone over the age of 65 with a truly good head of hair. Even a “great” head of hair at 65 would probably be disastrous for someone in their twenties.
My father does or did since it's been a couple of years but he's 83.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Born with it, which gives you the confidence to follow your dreams and be someone, not spending your time on a hairloss forum hoping for a cure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Born with it, which gives you the confidence to follow your dreams and be someone, not spending your time on a hairloss forum hoping for a cure
Nah these guys were already famous in their early 20s. Something else going on.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ronald Reagan

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score

Wasnt gonna reply but am in a fairly belligerent mood so what the hell...I posted about old men in their 70s and some pushing 80 with none of them that could be described as being bald or balding...thats me being "not very observant and woefully inaccurate"

you then make a pompous attempt to shoot down some of the examples i named...Keith Richards has some age appropriate recession for a bloke pushing 80..the unkempt look he sports makes it look worse than it is...Charlie Watts again for a man of 80 had good coverage...you have posited square root of fcuk all as evidence of this "bald patch" he sported..you then post a pic of a 75 yr old Macca with full head of fcuking hair..crown looks fine to me and age appropriate...all of those guys i listed as someone else posted were in their early 20s when fame and fortune hit...i do not see any hard work and paying dues and it is hardly working down a fcuking coal mine for 12 hrs a day is it...they all had a modicum of talent and lucky to be paid for something they enjoyed..some of them lucky to be in the right place at the right time when fortune struck...

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
full heads of hair.. all of the Stones
Mick Jagger and his father:

proxy-image.jpg

My father is over 60 years old. He has full hair Norwood 2 type.
We have almost the same face, but the hair I have certainly not inherited from him.

So much for the ridiculous thesis:

Father bald = son bald
or
Father full hair = son full hair.