6 Years On Ru & dutasteride - Time For Cb & finasteride?

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, shame about hairloss help I enjoyed that forum and now it’s closed permanently right?

I am using the same formula as Promox as when Dr Klein passed away they instantly stopped selling his prescription formula. So I had one year supply at the time, which gave me time to search for alternative options and that’s when I found Susan MAA.

This is my formula:

Lotion Base
15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

What’s your name and email? When did you order? Send me a message on your details and I will send an email for you and CC you in the email to their lab manager and the owner so they will reply.

Ok - looks like we are on the same formula. Ever considered adding other stuff to the compound?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hydroxyflutamide is cheaper then CB and more potent then both CB and ru 58841.
It's been used in medicine since the 80's so it's effect in the body is greatly understood.
Should be considered
Hey where could I get OH-flut? CB can be bought at 50/gram, but I only found ridiculous prices for OH-flut. Also what is the side effect profile of the compound? I have been unfortunate enough to get erection sides from 5% RU, so the neutralizing effects of CB give me a little more hope.

jazz1

Reaction score

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
What more could be added as that’s the maximum? I recently bought Revivogen, I now use it before I go gym, it’s cheap on eBay seller and they have a UK website. I use it every other day 1ml so will last 1 year as I heard it’s similar to Zix.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1004189671...MIro7iyfqi7AIVyLHtCh2WAg3aEAQYASABEgLy_vD_BwE

I've recently started using Regenepure DR again, which I think is similar to this. Have been off RU for two weeks now and I'm developing a slight scalp itch and going through a mild shed (terminal and vellus hairs). Hoping this is actually:
- A dutasteride seasonal shed
- Due to using more 15% minoxidil than usual
- Due to minoxidil penetrating the scalp better, as I was previously using it after RU each night

Seems likely I will have to return to RU, or try CB, though.

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey where could I get OH-flut? CB can be bought at 50/gram, but I only found ridiculous prices for OH-flut. Also what is the side effect profile of the compound? I have been unfortunate enough to get erection sides from 5% RU, so the neutralizing effects of CB give me a little more hope.

I will PM you the source. It's $40/g but while CB should be applied in 7.5% strenght, my experience with Oh-flut
tells me you'll probably only be needing like 3 or 4% oh-flut to maintain, making it even more cheaper then CB.

While i'm not so sensitivite to sides as you (i need about 100-120 mg ru before i can feel any sides at all)
i've never had any sides on oh-flut, even on 150 mg, so i believe you should be fine on 30-50 mg.

jazz1

Reaction score
I've recently started using Regenepure DR again, which I think is similar to this. Have been off RU for two weeks now and I'm developing a slight scalp itch and going through a mild shed (terminal and vellus hairs). Hoping this is actually:
- A dutasteride seasonal shed
- Due to using more 15% minoxidil than usual
- Due to minoxidil penetrating the scalp better, as I was previously using it after RU each night

Seems likely I will have to return to RU, or try CB, though.

Yes Regenepure DR has Zinc and Vitamin B6 similar to Zix and my favourite hairloss shampoo on the market no doubt. I rotate Regenepure DR/NT with Lipogaine BIG3/Revita and now Tony Meedy as it contains Piroctone Olamine which is suppose to be more effective than Ketaconazole.

I used RU years ago and did give me side effects, I don’t currently use it as the Topical Finasteride is still working for me great.

jazz1

Reaction score
Do you think there's any benefit of using 5% minoxidil in the morning, as well as the 15% compound at night?

I use the 15% in the morning and 5% at night, I guess there shouldn’t be any difference. The reason I use the 15% in the morning because at the start I had head rush and was a bit high, so morning was ideal.

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
I use the 15% in the morning and 5% at night, I guess there shouldn’t be any difference. The reason I use the 15% in the morning because at the start I had head rush and was a bit high, so morning was ideal.

Do you use 6 pumps (1ml) of the 15% every morning?

Gold24

My Regimen
Reaction score
hydroxyflutamide is cheaper then CB and more potent then both CB and ru 58841.
It's been used in medicine since the 80's so it's effect in the body is greatly understood.
Should be considered

May I ask you where I could source some hydroxyflutamide?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride and duta have a similar safety profile. You may want to check that out before doing any change.
I remember you from @bridgeburn . I am trying to re-invigorate the thread again. I would say that I have about an equal background but he started off "straight" and then maybe became undefined. I am non-binary MtF from the get-go. Anyway, hope you are reaching your hair goals.
It would be great to see you over there even though I used to only lurk but you were on a lot.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been using 0.5mg dutasteride and 80mg RU daily since May 2014. In October 2014, I added 15% compounded minoxidil daily*. I was previously using 5% minoxidil + finasteride, without much success.

I initially experienced heart palpitations, shortness of breath, brain fog, tender nips, mood swings, and fatigue. Over time, these sides have largely disappeared, which I attribute to four factors:
  • Beginning to exercise regularly
  • Use of nootropics
  • Body adjusting to the regime
  • Switching from 100mg RU to 80mg after a few months
At present, the only sides that I regularly experience are:
  • Irritated eyes
  • Bags under eyes
  • Shedding twice a year, in autumn and spring
My libido was not high before I started this regime and hasn’t been affected in the long-term, although I don’t get ‘morning wood’ anymore. Some of the sides return if I apply RU or minoxidil too soon after derma rolling (1.5mm, monthly).

One further observation I will make is that, over the years, I’ve increasingly suffered from chest pain whilst sleeping, although this could be acid reflux (from taking dutasteride immediately before sleeping?), or a result of too much stress and/or partying and/or nicotine and/or use of sildenafil...

I was 20 when I started this regime and it has had the desired effect; hair density has remained thick and has improved around the crown. Further receding at the temples has been minimal (and can probably be attributed to stress anyway).

Despite this, I’m now 26 and growing increasingly uncomfortable about using such a hardcore regime. The lack of clarity around the long-term effects of RU use is particularly concerning. When I’m unable to exercise regularly, I return to feeling fatigued and groggy. Likewise, my cognitive function seems to dip considerably without use of nootropics. I have found the aforementioned sides to be manageable; this doesn’t mean the regime is advisable or safe.

I’d be interested to hear other peoples' experiences of similar regimes.

I’m seriously considering switching from dutasteride to finasteride, and from RU to CB. I wonder if anyone has followed a similar path?

Cheers.

*Minoxidil 15%, azelaic acid 1.5%, finasteride 0.1%, retinoic acid 0.025%, progesterone 0.25%, hydrocortisone 0.1%, biotin 3%
Are you serious about getting erectile dysfunction from this med? I thought that topically it wasn't very estrogenic.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you serious about getting erectile dysfunction from this med? I thought that topically it wasn't very estrogenic.
If you mean getting ED from RU then I can attest to that, although plan c only mentioned libido i think. I took RU for a month and got ED. When I noticed, my dumbass decided to up the dosage to 7% (since it was not slowing my hairloss), which gave me testicular pain that is still present 6 days after discontinuation. Even though it is topical with a high dalton weight, we know that even things like topical duta with 528g/mol still goes systemic. If enough AAs go systemic then they do what they are supposed to, block t and dht from attaching to the receptors all over the body. This is what I assume caused my problem. In addition, he is using duta orally, progesterone is probably the smallest factor. All assumptions from me, you probably know better tbh.

Last edited:

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score

If you're referring to the use of sildenafil - this is to counter the effects of alcohol, not the treatments in this regime!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're referring to the use of sildenafil - this is to counter the effects of alcohol, not the treatments in this regime!
I meant from the CB. Sildenafil rings a bell from like 20 years ago. Isn't that a med that keeps you for like 20 hours straight but in a good way, lol? Nootropic?

jazz1

Reaction score
Do you use 6 pumps (1ml) of the 15% every morning?

Yes, I have used 4 pumps when I was running low and worked great, first I apply 5% all over the scalp and then wait 10 minutes before applying to lotion around hairline and temples only.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am curious about some of these new treatments from Czech Republic and Russia like CB and RU, etc. but whenever I read about their use as topicals or otherwise, the reviewer is virtually always lukewarm to negative and many still seem to experience sides. Any pictures of before and after?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember you from @bridgeburn . I am trying to re-invigorate the thread again. I would say that I have about an equal background but he started off "straight" and then maybe became undefined. I am non-binary MtF from the get-go. Anyway, hope you are reaching your hair goals.
It would be great to see you over there even though I used to only lurk but you were on a lot.
I think I am maintaining, which is all I want honestly. Hope you too are getting your desired results.
I used to check @bridgeburn ’s thread alot, his results are surreal and rare. Being shocked that I am loosing hair at a very young age, I started looking into whatever guarantees hair for life. :p But now, after calming down, I see that a progressive methodology is better (finasteride, then duta, then spironolactone, etc.)
It is reasonable to keep his thread alive for longer, let people see what drugs can do.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I am maintaining, which is all I want honestly. Hope you too are getting your desired results.
I used to check @bridgeburn ’s thread alot, his results are surreal and rare. Being shocked that I am loosing hair at a very young age, I started looking into whatever guarantees hair for life. :p But now, after calming down, I see that a progressive methodology is better (finasteride, then duta, then spironolactone, etc.)
It is reasonable to keep his thread alive for longer, let people see what drugs can do.
Okay. I just remember your distinctive avatar. It's funny when you read all through that massive thread and I have like 100 pages to go, over two years, you almost feel like you sort of know the folks and their struggles. Best.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After decades of finasteride use im not a big fan of oral AR inhibitors.

Recently I switched from topical finasteride (with minoxidil) to topical dutasteride (with minoxidil) about a month ago and I'm not really sure what to think. After the switch, my libido and mental clarity have improved and continue to improve substantially, however I feel my scalp itch may have alsoincreased...which makes me wonder if the dutasteride is actually getting into my scalp or if the molecule is too big after all.

I've tried adding RU the last few days and it wiped out the itch. I mentally feel fine but libido is getting questionable as of last night and today. I now think having a topical AA is essential, even with topical finasteride or dutasteride, so given my hair is still in good shape I plan to add CB instead of RU and see how it goes. Or maybe zix if that doesn't work.