6 Months Without Minoxidil Thinking I F’d Up!

MasterYolo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some advice. I’ve been on finesteride and minoxidil for about 5 years. 6 months ago I stopped minoxidil because I felt like I was losing too many hairs when I applied it. Since I have stopped I’ve noticed the last couple of months hair loss has been significant. I can see a nice shine coming from my scalp. I’m going to start back on minoxidil once daily at night. Just wondering what you guys think about the potential to grow back my hair that I’ve lost the last 2 or 3 months. I am also going to Derma Roll once a week. I really don’t want to get into using any other drugs as minoxidil and finesteride come with enough side effects. Thanks in advance!

PS May one day we all have the confidence to say screw it and just buzz it off!!!!!!!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you've been using minoxidil that long recovering those hairs is unlikely, but dermarolling alongside it will definitely give you a higher chance. Didn't anyone tell you minoxidil is a life time commitment? We are slaves, man.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to regrow it back, plenty of threads with people who have stopped minoxidil for that long and regained their hair again. dermarolling should definitely help.

Last edited:

MasterYolo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guy thanks for the encouragement! Does anyone have or heard of a successful regimen for dermarolling? How many’s days a week and length of needles?

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont see any reason why not. If minoxidil regrew some hairs the first time why not again

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped minoxidil in april after using it for 3/4 months and recently just started taking oral minoxidil, so im sorta in the same boat. Im not getting water retention with oral at 5mg but i was with foam(which is why i stopped)