6 Months Results : Crown And Diffuse Thinning Huge Improvement

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I wanted to share my results after 6 months of hair loss treatment.
I had some itching issues with regular minoxidil so I ended up using :
- Morning : Minoxidil foam 5%
- Evening : Minoxidil PG free 15 % + finasteride
- Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week
- Dermarolling once a week

I am very pleased with the results :

inCollage_20190823_163858165.jpg

I just need to watch out for gyno since I carry some fat already I could miss it.

What do you think about serms like clomid to prevent gyno ? Would it mess up with the DHT reduction effect of the finasteride ?

smtbbcn

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is that topical finasteride?

For gyno, nolvadex or raloxifene would be better. Clomid is too harsh.

Hnguyen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it is topical. thanks for your advise on gyno. I will do a cut in the coming month to see if it's gyno our just fat.

Wallygator,

That’s amazing progress. Are you using liposomal finasteride? What’s the concentration are you using?

Thanks.

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wallygator,

That’s amazing progress. Are you using liposomal finasteride? What’s the concentration are you using?

Thanks.

I'm using minoxidilmax dualgen 15% minoxidil and 0.1% Finasteride solution. It's working great so far.

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
To what extent do you believe your hair regrowth is due to the higher strength minoxidilmax solution or just the regular 5% minoxidil foam you are using?

I'm using minoxidilmax dualgen 15% minoxidil and 0.1% Finasteride solution. It's working great so far.

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
To what extent do you believe your hair regrowth is due to the higher strength minoxidilmax solution or just the regular 5% minoxidil foam you are using?

I think both products contribute pretty much to the same regrowth

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing progress in only 6 months, kudos. What size of dermaroller are you using? and do you go hard or just lightly?

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing progress in only 6 months, kudos. What size of dermaroller are you using? and do you go hard or just lightly?

I use a 0.5 mm once a week, I don't go hard enough to bleed but it's definitely not pleasant ....

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. If they contribute equally, have you thought about just using the foam only twice daily? The higher strength minoxidilmax solution is far more expensive and more messy to apply.

I think both products contribute pretty much to the same regrowth

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth is from the minoxidil, but over time hair will still grow in thinner with each cycle.

The Solution, get on finisteride. 1mg or 1.25 mg.

Trust me on this.. ( I have 11 years experience with these meds) overtime you need something to block dht. If your not wanting finisteride, then take topical ru58841.

Just my thoughts

PlsTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth is from the minoxidil, but over time hair will still grow in thinner with each cycle.

The Solution, get on finisteride. 1mg or 1.25 mg.

Trust me on this.. ( I have 11 years experience with these meds) overtime you need something to block dht. If your not wanting finisteride, then take topical ru58841.

Just my thoughts
He uses topical finasteride, that is better in my opinion

PlsTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I wanted to share my results after 6 months of hair loss treatment.
I had some itching issues with regular minoxidil so I ended up using :
- Morning : Minoxidil foam 5%
- Ketoconazole shampoo twice a week
- Dermarolling once a week

I am very pleased with the results :

View attachment 126833

I just need to watch out for gyno since I carry some fat already I could miss it.

What do you think about serms like clomid to prevent gyno ? Would it mess up with the DHT reduction effect of the finasteride ?

How did it look like after 1 month? Could you see some regrowth or did it come later?

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
He uses topical finasteride, that is better in my opinion
That's right, there is finasteride in the minoxidil 15% topical solution.
So It would make more sense to drop the minoxidil foam rather than the finasteride/minoxidil solution.

And I went for topical finasteride based on a study that highlighted that topical finasteride did not reduce serum DHT as much as oral finasteride. (even thought is does go systemic ...)

How did it look like after 1 month? Could you see some regrowth or did it come later?

I could see some improvement after about two months

PlsTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's right, there is finasteride in the minoxidil 15% topical solution.
So It would make more sense to drop the minoxidil foam rather than the finasteride/minoxidil solution.

And I went for topical finasteride based on a study that highlighted that topical finasteride did not reduce serum DHT as much as oral finasteride. (even thought is does go systemic ...)

I could see some improvement after about two months
Really great progress, I love to see success stories.

phalanx6013

Reaction score
Nice progress! I just placed an order for 15% Minoxidil, I've been on 5% and Finasteride for 7 years (on and off, unfortunately). Recently I switched to Dutasteride 6 months ago every other day hoping that would be the cure all end all solution and got off Minoxidil at the same time, huge mistake, hairline took a big hit so I'm hoping to gain back some lost traction.

If you don't mind, how old are you and when did you first notice the diffusing? Thanks for posting.

edit: is there any reason you didn't opt for a 1.5mm roller? it seems like the popular option

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
where did you buy topical finasteride? how do you apply it? ex: do you leave it on for 10-15-20 minutes then wash it off?

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice progress! I just placed an order for 15% Minoxidil, I've been on 5% and Finasteride for 7 years (on and off, unfortunately). Recently I switched to Dutasteride 6 months ago every other day hoping that would be the cure all end all solution and got off Minoxidil at the same time, huge mistake, hairline took a big hit so I'm hoping to gain back some lost traction.

If you don't mind, how old are you and when did you first notice the diffusing? Thanks for posting.

edit: is there any reason you didn't opt for a 1.5mm roller? it seems like the popular option

I'm 34 and I first noticed the diffusing about 10 years ago. It was showing on my crown but since a year ago it went agressive and I could see my scalp on all the top of my head...

I went for the 0.5 mm roller after reading somewhere that is was okay for a weekly treatment (and i'm glad since it hurts like hell... 1.5 mm would be unbearable)