6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Decided to stop taking Finasteride as starting to lose hair again and today started 0.5mg of Dutasteride. Have a 6 month supply so will see how I go with that.

Will add that to minoxidil and dermaroling to see how things progress.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Decided to stop taking Finasteride as starting to lose hair again and today started 0.5mg of Dutasteride. Have a 6 month supply so will see how I go with that.

Damn I always see this happening that treatments stops working after some years or become less effective.... Body always wins afterall...

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn I always see this happening that treatments stops working after some years or become less effective.... Body always wins afterall...
This is true. I'm happy I got a good few years out of finasteride and my hair loss now is no where near as bad as it was before I started all this. I am in my mid 30s though so always to be expected.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Were you taking generic finasteride? Some long time finasteride users have reported losing ground due to their pharmacy switching generic brands. Where did you notice losing ground? Hairline? Crown? If you are still well above baseline after 5yrs then that’s a victory in and of itself.

Thanks for updating and please keep us posted on how your experience on dutasteride goes.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you taking generic finasteride? Some long time finasteride users have reported losing ground due to their pharmacy switching generic brands. Where did you notice losing ground? Hairline? Crown? If you are still well above baseline after 5yrs then that’s a victory in and of itself.

Thanks for updating and please keep us posted on how your experience on dutasteride goes.
Yes was always on generic finasteride, it changed several times during orders between 3 or 4 brands. My hairline is still responding well its the crown where I started to lose more hairs in the last month or 2 so decided to give Dutasteride a shot. My hairs so much better now that what it was before I started so I'm happy enough if this is as good as it gets.

I'll keep the thread updated with how I get on.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great progress.

Glad to see some people on this forum actually are going bald and actually do get results. More threads like this please.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A week so far on the new regime and no sides to report. I'm ready for the inevitable shedding phase so won't worry too much about that. Some pics to show the current level of hair loss especially on crown
IMG_20220129_185222.jpg

IMG_20220129_185351.jpg

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! What’s your new regimen? You switched to dutasteride daily right?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! What’s your new regimen? You switched to dutasteride daily right?
Yeah Dutasteride with minoxidil foam and microneedling every 2 weeks with a 1.5mm.

Last week I noticed I'm now not losing hair when showering. I was losing loads for the past year but noticed a total stop this past month.

Hopefully I can maintain now.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Dutasteride with minoxidil foam and microneedling every 2 weeks with a 1.5mm.

Last week I noticed I'm now not losing hair when showering. I was losing loads for the past year but noticed a total stop this past month.

Cool please keep us updated. Some guys do well with the switch from finasteride to dutasteride and some don’t at all so it would be helpful to hear how it goes. Good luck.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

I cant even maintain on dutasteride. Hairline stopped receeding but losing overall thickness. Recently quit it after 1.5, Years due to a side effect and the fact that it wasnt stopping my thinning. It did stop my shedding completely tho.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant even maintain on dutasteride. Hairline stopped receeding but losing overall thickness. Recently quit it after 1.5, Years due to a side effect and the fact that it wasnt stopping my thinning. It did stop my shedding completely tho.
Yeah I'm not so fussed with the regrouping anymore u just want to keep what I have. My hairline wasn't impacted when finasteride stopped working was only the crown. It feels a bit thicker now than it did in January at least.

I'm going to start using a microneedle pen soon instead of the roller.

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not so fussed with the regrouping anymore u just want to keep what I have. My hairline wasn't impacted when finasteride stopped working was only the crown. It feels a bit thicker now than it did in January at least.

I'm going to start using a microneedle pen soon instead of the roller.
First of all , thanks for coming by and updating your situation , I would love to know what and how exactly happened so you ended up changing your route, did finasteride just stopped working? or you were supposedly going through next shedding phase or smt? did you wait 2-3 month on finasteride thinking its just shedding period that you needed to ride it out to see if regrowth happening or not? or you just wouldn't want to wait?

BS7671

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results I've been on dutasteride 0.5 eod sublingual min 10 mg (5mg daytime and 5mg evening) derma roll 1.25m every week to 10 days and Nizoral 2/3 times a week.
Been on this regime for 10 months for the first 6 months I took 10mg Minoxidil in tablets and hardly noticed much of anything apart from maintenance switched to sublingual under the tongue and after 2 months started seeing vellus hairs in previously bald areas especially around temple areas.
So far they've not shown signs of going terminal but I hear the cycle for vellus hairs can be as long as 6 months before healthy hair shows up and will hopefully go from single strands to doubles and tripples giving more coverage.

⭐️J~L~H⭐️

My Regimen
Reaction score
If y’all are not getting results I promise I can tell you what the issue is but y’all will just brush me off I went from horse shoe completely bald , old man to almost all my hair
Back

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Итак, я принимаю финастерид и миноксидил с января этого года, и это прогресс, которого я добился на данный момент.

Прием 0,5 мг общего финастерида в день, пена Kirkland с миноксидилом два раза в день и шампунь Низорал 3 раза в неделю.

View attachment 53790 View attachment 53791 View attachment 53792 прежде чем я начал

View attachment 53793 View attachment 53794 View attachment 53795

и сегодня

Обновление от 07.03.17 о снижении моей дозы примерно до 0,25 мг в день из-за побочных эффектов.View attachment 56708 View attachment 56709
View attachment 79583 View attachment 79584View attachment 79585

27.01.18View attachment 78162

View attachment 78635 Принимайте полную дозу 1 мг без побочных эффектов и по-прежнему используйте пену два раза в день.

РЕДАКТИРОВАТЬ Январь 2022 года теперь изменен на 0,5 мг дутастерида из-за значительного выпадения волос.
Результаты просто бомба!Были ли у вас головные боли?