6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown looks tons better, sadly i get sides from minoxidil so i can't use, im pretty envious.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a prescription for Finasteride two weeks ago, have not bought any yet though. I'm worried over side effects, and now without buying or popping a single pill I have side effect, basically no erection last two days. That never happens, even now watching p**rn I feel no reaction to it.

Panda89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a prescription for Finasteride two weeks ago, have not bought any yet though. I'm worried over side effects, and now without buying or popping a single pill I have side effect, basically no erection last two days. That never happens, even now watching p*rn I feel no reaction to it.
there was a study about placebo effects. and it showed that even when people knew they were taking placebo pills they still got the placebo effect..thats how strong it can be. i guess you just have to get to where i was when i was utterly depressed and became super isolated to decide you got nothing to lose. i honestly started taking finasteride because i just simply didn't care anymore. im 3 months in, pretty good regrowth on the crown, top of my head, and even starting to see regrowth on the hairline. the only effects i felt was the ball ache people talk about for the first month. other than that my libido is still high and my erection is still normal.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there was a study about placebo effects. and it showed that even when people knew they were taking placebo pills they still got the placebo effect..thats how strong it can be. i guess you just have to get to where i was when i was utterly depressed and became super isolated to decide you got nothing to lose. i honestly started taking finasteride because i just simply didn't care anymore. im 3 months in, pretty good regrowth on the crown, top of my head, and even starting to see regrowth on the hairline. the only effects i felt was the ball ache people talk about for the first month. other than that my libido is still high and my erection is still normal.
Good to hear you got growth. Amazing how we can get focused when the heat comes on! As you watch the hair disappear you suddenly think "crap I need to do something!" Then you think why didn't I do this before?

Christoffelsymbol

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you first start seeing little hair growing?

Where your temples slick bald before or did tiny hairs still exist?

Last edited:

unknownmystery445

Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride and Minoxidil since January this year and this is the progress I have made so far.

Routine is 0.5mg generic finasteride daily, Kirkland Minoxidil foam twice a day and 3 times a week Nizoral shampoo.

View attachment 53790 View attachment 53791 View attachment 53792 before I started

View attachment 53793 View attachment 53794 View attachment 53795

and today

Update from 03/07/17 lowering my dose to around .25mg a day due to sides View attachment 56708 View attachment 56709
View attachment 79583 View attachment 79584View attachment 79585

27/01/18 View attachment 78162

View attachment 78635 Taking full 1mg dose with no sides and still use the foam twice a day.

Which do you think is better? The liquid or foam version of Rogaine?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
D7C82DE8-F541-40FC-803D-0AA8BE0DA902.jpeg 45DF83BB-1460-43EB-A5F2-8210381CA0FE.jpeg 9030D00B-FE71-4A8D-B543-0A7C35795105.jpeg Some updates

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I am so impressed with your results. You must be so happy about it.
I have been minoxidil for almost 8 months now and finasteride for years. I can tell whether I have any results from it yet so I probably dont. Sucks! I am hoping this will change.But I have WAY less hairloss than you had when you started.
I havent been using Nizoral shampoo which looks to be the only difference in regime I have to you.
Have you been doing derma rolling or not ?
I really hope I can notice results from using minoxidil soon - finasteride I have had all the results I will get from it I think

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I am so impressed with your results. You must be so happy about it.
I have been minoxidil for almost 8 months now and finasteride for years. I can tell whether I have any results from it yet so I probably dont. Sucks! I am hoping this will change.But I have WAY less hairloss than you had when you started.
I havent been using Nizoral shampoo which looks to be the only difference in regime I have to you.
Have you been doing derma rolling or not ?
I really hope I can notice results from using minoxidil soon - finasteride I have had all the results I will get from it I think

Thanks, I’m really happy although I think it’s reached the stage where it will only lessen as time goes on but for now I’m glad I started this.

I’ve never tried the Derma rolling thing as in not sure of the benefits and I already spend enough time on my hair as it is! Maybe if I done some more research into it I may give it a go.

Yes I just use finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral along with a thickening shampoo for when I’m not using Nizoral. I dropped back down to 0.5 of finasteride too.

Hope things pick up for you soon, surely there will be a better solution for us all in the next year or two!

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started to use a dermaroller on 0.5 to start 2-3 times a week to fit into regime so will see if that makes any gains.

Just got a cheap one off eBay with some Surgical spirit to clean it after use. How long do these rollers last?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
D2935D55-AA11-4B8F-9A9C-5E6EA10BC171.jpeg CF29C183-E457-46A9-9616-B220DA2B7D5B.jpeg 331C9A8F-CA16-4117-B323-4F2FC54BFC9D.jpeg
Not really got much to report, some gradual loss on crown but nothing major. Still on same routine and this is just after applying foam.

Not really going to pursue the transplant for now due to my current style (fade wouldn’t work too well with any procedure). Will continue for the time being and see where I am next year.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which foam are you using? Rogaine foam or a generic version?

great results, hair looks full and healthy

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which foam are you using? Rogaine foam or a generic version?

great results, hair looks full and healthy

Kirkland foam, get it fairly cheap 3 month supply £28 online. The solution is cheaper but I like the convenience of the foam

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to see your hairs growing strong! I did try your steps with the big 3 and I definitely think it slightly improved the thickness of my hair and a couple people who hadn’t seen me in ages, thought I dyed by hair. However in the end I went for a hair transplant and now 3 months post op I hoped for ages mine would turn out like yours did lol. Be good to see updates every 6 months to check your hair is still same