6 Month Update - Am I Receding Yet?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I stopped obsessing over my hairline but I decided it's time to take some new pictures because it's been 6 months.
EDIT: That one strand of hair hanging down on the left side isn't miniaturization. My barber ruined my hair last week and I'm waiting for that to grow back.

Attachments

• 20200206_150142.jpg
    20200206_150142.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 20200222_125050.jpg
    20200222_125050.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 20200310_064834.jpg
    20200310_064834.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What in the hell? With that stupid picture as an avatar and that little kids hairline, I cannot believe you are even on this site. You have more hair than I did when I was 16.
It's the uneven temple points that really worry me as I've never seen anybody with temples like mine.

Also, my avatar has nothing to do with hair loss. It's just a character from my favourite show.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a Norwood -1, well done bro
What about the uneven temple points? I've never seen people with temples like this before. Sure, sometimes people's temples aren't perfectly symmetrical but my right and left temples are so different to each other.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about the uneven temple points? I've never seen people with temples like this before. Sure, sometimes people's temples aren't perfectly symmetrical but my right and left temples are so different to each other.

your right temple point seems more defined than your left, is that what you are referring to? what about it? it's only noticeable to die-hard OCD hair lunatics (like ourselves). Are you Asian?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
your right temple point seems more defined than your left, is that what you are referring to? what about it? it's only noticeable to die-hard OCD hair lunatics (like ourselves). Are you Asian?
Yeah, my right temple comes further down my forehead than my left one. It's also got a triangular shape while my left one is straight and has a box shape ( I'd rather have my left one on both sides because the right one looks weird). I'm south asian btw.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I have pictures of my left temple when I was younger (I dont have any of my right because I used to comb my hair over to the side and the right temple was covered). But it looks the same as it is now so I don't think it has thinned over time and changed shape or anything like that. Here's the pictures, sorry for the bad quality but I was about 14 here.

Attachments

• 20200206_160959.jpg
    20200206_160959.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 20200206_160856.jpg
    20200206_160856.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 166

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I have pictures of my left temple when I was younger (I dont have any of my right because I used to comb my hair over to the side and the right temple was covered). But it looks the same as it is now so I don't think it has thinned over time and changed shape or anything like that. Here's the pictures, sorry for the bad quality but I was about 14 here.

it's hardly noticeable, stop obsessing over something so trivial such as your slightly asymmetrical temple points. Can you donate me some hair?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's hardly noticeable, stop obsessing over something so trivial such as your slightly asymmetrical temple points. Can you donate me some hair?
Thanks for the reassurance. But is it possible to have asymmetrical temple points like mine and not be balding?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your only 18-19 why are you so worried now? Wait till your 25-30 that's when you get haiirier and dht becomes more a problem.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your only 18-19 why are you so worried now? Wait till your 25-30 that's when you get haiirier and dht becomes more a problem.
I'm 18. The reason I said that was because literally everyone I know thats my age (from school, college, friends) are hairy and have a beard and I'm sitting here with nothing. I haven't shaved for 9 weeks and I've got a very thin and patchy goatee and very thin body hair all over.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know damn well that you are not balding. Why don't you go on a quadriplegic support forum and brag about your dance moves?
I'm very insecure about the temples points though. I never do a slicked back hairstyle or a quiff because it exposes my temple points.

JFLAtMtBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not time for you, yet. If you are really realy insecure, go to a dermatologist and pray him to get a videodermoscopy done.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not time for you, yet. If you are really realy insecure, go to a dermatologist and pray him to get a videodermoscopy done.
I'm not worried about diffuse thinning yet. I just want to know if it can be normal to have temples like mine. I constantly get buzz cuts every year and the desity is equal all over. The only reason I stopped getting the buzz cuts is because of my temple points.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your temples are fine, you should get worried if the asymmetry is big, but this is not your case.
Thanks for the reply! I don't know how this obsession started because even in old pictures my left temple is like this so it's clear that it hasn't thinned out or anything but I was just worried that they could be hinting at the future.