5 months of finasteride

DeadLine

Reaction score
Unfortunately I lost my pictures when I put cyanogenmod on my phone. Didn't think about the pictures. But hey, at least I'll be able to update you with a new picture in 7 days.

B I L E N I

Reaction score
same

I was on finasteride for a total of 15yrs. Maybe did one or two 3 month interval in between. When I quit, my hair would go thin and sparse/diffuse. Back on medication, after 1yr, normal again. At 38 my hair would be the same as when I started, at 23. I even thought maybe finasteride wasn't doing anything. Couple months ago decided to give another break, or maybe quit for good. 10 weeks off so far, my hair is super worse. If it stabilizes I will stay off. Otherwise considering minoxidil, or back to finasteride..maybe at .5mg ED... By the way, I never experienced any sides. Did not even know they existed..

same with me... i've only been using it for 6 months tho, went off it for a few months but kept going with minoxidil and the results slowly started to reverse.

DeadLine

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my before pictures were wiped when I installed Cyanogenmod on my phone. I am however in possession of new pictures of my current hairline. Not sure if you guys want to see them or not.
Either way I can tell you that my hairline has increased and obviously the red mark I have on my skin is a very good indicator. Let me know if you'd like to see current pictures or take my word for it.

DeadLine

Reaction score
Here you go:
http://m.imgur.com/gx4NWa6

The red mark on my skin should be sufficient evidence.

Switched over to Dutas two months ago and I'm hoping that the tiny hairs you see in the picture will grow out in the next couple of months ;).
gx4NWa6.jpg

EDIT: Here's the comparison, which should be quite a bit more indicative of progress:
https://imgur.com/a/UYogE

The first picture being the now, and the second being the picture taken in januari. Please do zoom in.
I have lost quite a bit of hair, switching from finasteride to dutas but seeing as all those tiny black hairs are popping up (they weren't there before, pictures are proof), I'm very confident that dutas is indeed working and I'll see the results in a couple of months. I'll keep you guys posted!

In a personal side note: I have noticed that my hair has darkened a bit. The pictures are not taken in the same lighting and angle but still my hair has darkened a bit which made my hair loss less noticeable.
All in all, I'm quite pleased with the results I'm seeing and since I've only been taking finasteride/dutasteride for about 8 months, I'm very exiting for what the future will bring.

My current hair style (I can hide my hairloss quite well):
https://imgur.com/jyruCer

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great dude! What made you switch to dutasteride so early though? I would have waited a solid year or two to "milk" out all of the benefits of finasteride.

DeadLine

Reaction score
Looks great dude! What made you switch to dutasteride so early though? I would have waited a solid year or two to "milk" out all of the benefits of finasteride.
Unfortunately, I wasn't planning on switching over to dutas anytime soon but IHP was out of finasteride when I needed to order my next batch so it was either dutas or waiting a month before I could order finasteride again and god knows how long it would have taken them to actually send the product.

SciroccoWagen

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasn't planning on switching over to dutas anytime soon but IHP was out of finasteride when I needed to order my next batch so it was either dutas or waiting a month before I could order finasteride again and god knows how long it would have taken them to actually send the product.

Looking good, do you plan on taking finasteride in the future instead of dutasteride?

DeadLine

Reaction score
Looking good, do you plan on taking finasteride in the future instead of dutasteride?
Not anymore. It would seem like my hormones are stable right now and I would like to keep it that way. I don't like messing around with those things. Switching over to dutasteride was planned, it just happened sooner than expected.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man , nice result , ive been taking propecia for 20 month with no result for my hairline and temple , so i'm planning on switching to duta .

Do you think i could get temple regrow with dutasteride ( my hairloss is really recent )? Did duta destroy your hairline or cause a shed in the temple ( like several posters claim because of the raise of test )

- - - Updated - - -

and did you get any sign of gyno with dutasteride ? ive got no side effect with fina and i'm in a perfect shape that i dont want to mess up with gyno, but my hairline keep receding.