5 days on finasteride.. IMPROVEMENT??

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, here a little about myself, in retrospect i might be able to say that my temples started to receding when i was around 15, but when i was 17 i got a comment that my hair looked a tad bit thinner, and yes, it was thinning, very slowly, but thinning non the less, anyways, for all intensive purposes i still have a full head of hair, just thinner than other poeple, and the hair at my temples flocked north.

Ive been on finasteride for 5 days, and most people would say this is placebo, but a few days after i started, i was shedding noticably less in the shower, and shedding less in general, not only that, my hair feels a wee bit thicker, if i run my hand through it, i can actually feel hair being tugged, instead of just running my hand through it and having my hand glide through, now i feel resistance when i do it, if this is any sign of future good things, i cant wait.

Im 18 by the way

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
ryand2 said:
Ive been on finasteride for 5 days, and most people would say this is placebo, but a few days after i started, i was shedding noticably less in the shower, and shedding less in general, not only that, my hair feels a wee bit thicker, if i run my hand through it, i can actually feel hair being tugged, instead of just running my hand through it and having my hand glide through, now i feel resistance when i do it, if this is any sign of future good things, i cant wait.

Im 18 by the way

OK, the fact that your shedding less right now is probably right. When I first started taking Finasteride my shedding almost stopped completely, but then it came back after about three months.

I highly doubt that your hair is already thickening after only 5 days because the hair growth cycle takes so long and it probably takes at least 3 months minimum to notice some positive improvements.

Are you on any other treatments, like Rogaine or something else? could be that.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol, i just realized that after i said it was thickening i noticed that my hair had dried sweat in it, so thats why it felt tougher, but i feel more confident with less shedding.

When you say that shedding stopped until 3 months, do you mean your treatment failed?

Im on nothing else, im meaning ot go buy some nizoral tomorrow.