5-Aminolevulinic Acid (with Iron) Increases Hair Growth

el_duterino

Reaction score
JLL said:
In mice, at least. See this post for more details:

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2 ... d-and.html

Great ! thanks for posting this info.
I found a japanes site that sells 5-ALA 1 g for USD 110, and another chinese place that is much cheaper, USD1000 but for 100g.

I wouln'd mind taking the place of those mice for a month.They always seem to grow hair.
What about the IRON ?

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably the simplest way would be to try to find a skin cream product with iron it it (though I was unable to find one with any significant quantities). I'm not a big fan of iron*, however, and would rather try 5-ALA without iron at first. As they mention in the study, iron by itself did nothing, so there's a chance that all the benefits came from the 5-ALA.

*Most people get more than enough iron from their diets; topical absorption may not be such a good idea in the long run.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
JLL said:
Probably the simplest way would be to try to find a skin cream product with iron it it (though I was unable to find one with any significant quantities). I'm not a big fan of iron*, however, and would rather try 5-ALA without iron at first. As they mention in the study, iron by itself did nothing, so there's a chance that all the benefits came from the 5-ALA.

*Most people get more than enough iron from their diets; topical absorption may not be such a good idea in the long run.

As far as I know.. I am a member of the LEO and the Immortality organization ( They all supplements freaks) and none of them (male) take iron as a supplement.. Apparently Iron is really bad ( poison) in any ways except for female for sure... I will post studies and all that good stuff later... BTW JLL good find!