45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

SE-freak

Reaction score
Re: 32 months on the big 3 and counting... (32month pics update)

Btw I am shedding. Again. :freaked2:

amsch

Reaction score

I'm just surprised how long those minoxidil regrown (or rethickened hair) hairs grew. Usually they only grow about a few cm's.

citizen mane

Reaction score

Great results SE Freak, i havent seen better results on the forum.

I'v just started on the big 3 (five days ago), diffuse thinner all over, but minoxidil leaves a residue (like heavy dandruff) in my hair. Could you give me any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?

Also wana master the SE but after a wk of tryin using pillow feedback i'm still not any nearer, i wont give up tho

Thanks

SE-freak

Reaction score

citizen mane said:
Great results SE Freak, i havent seen better results on the forum.

I'v just started on the big 3 (five days ago), diffuse thinner all over, but minoxidil leaves a residue (like heavy dandruff) in my hair. Could you give me any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?

Also wana master the SE but after a wk of tryin using pillow feedback i'm still not any nearer, i wont give up tho

Thanks

CM (nice nickname!):

minoxidil does leave a residue indeed, but weirdly enough as time goes by it will stop happening, at least that was my experience. (Maybe you are using too much?) This white residue is minoxidil so we'd better get that into the skin layers instead. I guess a healthy scalp skin will allow topical absorption at a higher rate.

Regarding the SE, it took me 1 or 2 months to get my occipitalis muscles moving...

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score

You've actually regrown enough hair to ponytail it. Unbelieveable!

citizen mane

Reaction score

SE-Freak ,

Thanks, i'm a movie buff.

I'm devoting 30 minutes to learning the SE everyday. (i work 10 hr shifts in a busy acute medicine department so even that is difficult at times) Evrything but the occipitalis contracts (traps,bi's, all neck muscles) to the outsider it would look like i'm tryn to defaecate. (hence i do it in regular toilet breaks at work) I've tried the pillow technique, no luck so far.

Do i just plod on waiting for the breakthrough cos it sure feels like there is nothing there.(probably major atrophy)

Can you give me a rough guide to how many times a week i should wash my hair with neutrogena t-gel and nizoral?

At the moment my routine is apply minoxidil twice daily. finasteride 1.25 mg daily at night. Wash with neutrogena t-gel and use nizoral as a conditioner evry2nd/3rd day in the morning. In between i might not wash my hair or if i do i only wash hair with water. Also once daily (evening for 5mins after minoxidil has been applied) in the evening i apply 4-5 drops jojoba oil to my hair and massage it in over 2 minutes (this is to nourish the scalp...i dont know wether to reduce this massage to every other night)

Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks

SE-freak

Reaction score

I use Nizoral 2-3 times per week. It is up to you and up to your scalp's skin to define the number of uses that suits you. Nizoral should be left on for at least 3-5 minutes to make a difference. I hope you do not rinse it off immediately. I like the way it leaves my hair though so it could be considered a conditioner in that sense.

Do not overdo it with massages and things that make your regimen complicated. You will have to find a way to fit your treatments into your program and not be a burden, so that you can stay consistently on it without changes and on-offs.

Your routine seems fine to me btw, but regrowing hair does not make one authority on the matter. It's about what's inside one's head, not on it.

citizen mane

Reaction score

SE-Freak

I understand and agree. i think when someone has success then other people automatically consider them some kind of authority....which i'm sure you've had more than your fair share of. You've achieved something remarkable through dedication and self-discipline (not the hair growth but something only you could describe)....not to blow your trumpet but it is something that probably trescends into other areas of your life. So in essence ppl will make you an authority.I think it can become irritating to be asked questions which you probably consider irrelevant in the big picture. The danger can be to take your words as gold. However...... :)

You mentioned olive oil for some irritation...is this something you do every day or only when you have scalp irritation?

ok, enough questions....... I think the people on this forum like me are lucky to have you come back and post.....i think when you start an attempted hair recovery program you feel you'll definitely keep posting and coming back if you are lucky enough to achieve a miracle (stopping hairloss) but i truly wonder how many people who have success feel like doing that.

Maybe there would be more success stories if more ppl who had success did post back but the negative experience is probably something people who have success dont want to go back to.... life goes on...suppose you cant blame them

CM

SE-freak

Reaction score

CM:

During my first days on minoxidil, I used to apply olive oil 4 hours after my minoxidil application on irritated areas. Olive oil is acidic and its pH is close to skin pH. At the time I found logic in it, as olive oil is very good for the skin, plus, the oil layer caps minoxidil residue and "traps" it while hydrating the scalp. That made sense then, it seems a bit simplistic to me now.

The oil soothened my irritation but I did not continue to use it, trying to keep my routine simple(I had to shampoo my hair prior to the next topical application). To be honest, besides hydrating my bombarded skin, I doubt it had any additional miraculous effect.

citizen mane

Reaction score

Se freak,

i cant believe your hair growth is dense enough for a pony tail. Before you started a hairloss reversible regimen was your frontal hairline (cos i noticed your hairloss was predominantly in the middle and crown) strong enough to have grown and swept back as you have now? Weak hair doesnt grow long and thick. Thats why baldness is more obvious when you have more hair. You however look like youve never had a hairlos problem.

is shampooing every day a good idea? ive been thinking about this. I apply minoxidil twice daily, dont shampoo in between applications meaning evening minoxidil is applied over the leftover morning one. I shampoo the following morning.

I'm thinking of shampooing less often (alternate days) and using just water on the other days. any thoughts?

One final question. You got a good tight midsection? as well as impressing the ladies, its good for the hormones around the body (keeps them in sync) and according to Tom Hagerty, is one of the secrets to looking young. In my practice its the first thing i tell my overweight patients

CM

SE-freak

Reaction score

I don't shampoo daily, it is dehydrating and boring. Water only is fine on your off-shampoo days I think.

My frontal hairline was OK to begin with, the temple density not being as good as the middle region (it still lags behind). I have definitely seen results (and keep seeing), new terminal growth where there was no hair before. But my MAJOR problem was the crown area. I have seen impressive results there.

As for the mid-section, well not the hardcore no-fat 6pack, but its pretty good for an old 30yo man. :mrgreen:

ps. Still shedding heavily :freaked:

citizen mane

Reaction score

SE FREAK

i'm using kirkland minoxidil that i ordered from US ebay. do you think this is as good as rogaine and do you have any experience with it? i'm assuming you use the rogaine in hallas?

By the way 2 weeks in my scalp is itching like sh*t today, really flaky...i hope this settles.

CM

zossima

Reaction score

OMG!

SE Freak:
Didn't see this topic right away, I should have posted the pm I’ve sent here!

After reading this topic I guess the answer to my question is pretty obvious, but still, I’ll post it here since you opinion might help others as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.

Your story is inspiring
Sorry to bother, but I’ve seen your posts, and I wondered if you could give your opinion.

I'm have the same regime as you. 5% rogaine, 1mg finasteride. and nizoral 2 or 3 times a week.

I've been using rogaine since march 2003, but it stopped being effective alone, I needed an antiandrogen, so on the 1st of June 2008 i began taking 1mg finasteride.

Like you, i had a massive shed during the first 30 days, then it stopped and I experienced great regrowth, and my hair was very strong,

But a week ago I started shedding again, and when i pull my hair of the male pattern baldness affected areas with my index finger and thumb it easily comes of! Witch It didn’t during these last 2 months.
It is not such a great shed as the one I had during the first 30 days... but still!!

It might be a new cycle of synchronized hairs, and the meaning of new stronger hair coming out.
But, I'm a bit worried that the treatment has stopped working!

Did something similar happen to you?

Thanks for reading,
Regards,
Zossima.

PS: sorry to hear about your shedding, but i guess your kind of used to it now :blush:

SE-freak

Reaction score

zossima:

I think I just got through another freaky shed. It has calmed down for now, but my experience is that sheds are a part of the game- a very essential one, since we target change especially during the first years. Sheds happen, and should happen, in our case they can be a little more noticeable, as there might be some kind of synchronization of anagen-catagen-telogen phases.

It's not evergrowing spaghetti, it's hair so to me it's the overall picture that matters. As I have posted before, there were times my sink got a hairstyle after I brushed my hair over it. The overall picture of my hair has not declined though and that will be my only criterion.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score

That's awesome bro! I think I need to add more to my regimen before I start.
I was just planning on starting Rogaine, but now I thinking about going full retard with the proscar/propecia and nizoral.

SE-freak

Reaction score

Today a local drugstore's pharmacist tried to convince me not to buy minoxidil since I did not need it (respect). He also mentioned recommended dosage, obviously thinking that I was just starting on treatments. Funny, in people's minds there is nothing like complete hairloss treatment success- you either do not need a treatment, or the treatment is not working for you. :ninja:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

SE-freak said:
Today a local drugstore's pharmacist tried to convince me not to buy minoxidil since I did not need it (respect). He also mentioned recommended dosage, obviously thinking that I was just starting on treatments. Funny, in people's minds there is nothing like complete hairloss treatment success- you either do not need a treatment, or the treatment is not working for you. :ninja:

You should have showed him your before and after pictures! He probably would have gave it to you for free, after seeing them.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I still find your recovery astonishing, and I am every bit jealous.

I just watch my hair receed and my money follow as I blow it all on these snake oils! :dunno:

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey SE

With your current pony tail and great hair when you have the shed is it noticeable to others or does your thickness help hide the fact you are shedding?

Reason I ask is because I have started Propecia but have pretty much a full head of hair except for receding hairline, my big worry is that even though I have thick hair all over a shed will make it obvious to everyone. even though its Temp I still worry...

Thanks

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

Mine seems to thin more in the receeding thinning areas. However, it does appear thinner all over from time to time.