4329 Grafts- Fue - Asmed - Dr. Koray - 13.3.19

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah. I was told about this and honestly I don't mean to scare you, but it's looking like it may end up a sub par result. Koray is excellent so it's just a case of bad luck and physiology most likely. As it stands, 4.3k grafts with your hair calibre in those areas should have got you A LOT more density at month 5 then it is at the moment. You could hopefully just be a late grower and once the hair maturisation takes place it may look good.

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello,

7 months update

Sorry for not posting at 6 months, I have been busy...

Anyway, I'm not happy with the result. the density is poor. especially in the middle of the hairline. when I comb my hair up the hair is a total see-through. I have done 4.3K grafts in a relatively small area, so I would expect a better result.

at 7 months I should see at least 80% growth. if this is 80% - I'm not happy.

now for the pics, I tried to take different pics in different lighting (warm light, daylight, florecent, direct harsh light etc...):
IMG-20191015-WA0005.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0006.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0007.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0008.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0009.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0010.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0011.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0012.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0013.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0014.jpg IMG-20191015-WA0015.jpg

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering why so many guys nearly all who have hair transplants slick their hair back, i have always combed my hair forward even in my teens and after my new transplanted hair grows in i plan on combing forward as it makes the forehead looks smaller and judging by the ops pics it will also appear more dense.

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering why so many guys nearly all who have hair transplants slick their hair back, i have always combed my hair forward even in my teens and after my new transplanted hair grows in i plan on combing forward as it makes the forehead looks smaller and judging by the ops pics it will also appear more dense.

You are right! If you have seen my previous updates I go regularly with the hair downwards, it looks much better. but for assessment purposes and so you can see the hair transplant density - I comb it upwards (just for these pics)

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I totally agree. I also wondered this... perhaps it is just the current fashion? Very few guys have a fringe if you look around. I am now 10 months post transplant and enjoying being able to frame my face differently with a off centre parted fringe.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello,

7 months update

Anyway, I'm not happy with the result. the density is poor. especially in the middle of the hairline. when I comb my hair up the hair is a total see-through. I have done 4.3K grafts in a relatively small area, so I would expect a better result.

now for the pics, I tried to take different pics in different lighting (warm light, daylight, florecent, direct harsh light etc...):
View attachment 130286 View attachment 130287 View attachment 130288 View attachment 130289 View attachment 130290 View attachment 130291 View attachment 130292 View attachment 130293 View attachment 130294 View attachment 130295 View attachment 130296
You still have another 5 months of regrowth before you get you're final result. It will thicken up you just have give it some time.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello,

7 months update

View attachment 130286 View attachment 130287 View attachment 130288 View attachment 130289 View attachment 130290 View attachment 130291 View attachment 130292 View attachment 130293 View attachment 130294 View attachment 130295 View attachment 130296
I'm not an expert but I think you're eligible for a refund, that's a piss poor job

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not listen to the trolls. They are just jealous that you now have hair.

I had 4500 grafts and had similar loss to you.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Plenty of push back styles are in fashion through out time and showing off the hairline is a nice feeling as well. It provides a good frame to your face and usually looks better as everything is exposed. I liked it since my transplant but I have good thickness. The fringe styles are rarer, sort of a comb over and limited styling options - I rarely see people doing them in the last decade. You're right though, if density is an issue or huge forehead then comb down is the go to choice. It works well if the hairline is moderately placed well with decent density otherwise it looks very weak if the bangs start half way up the head or it's too thin. I remember you and I think your hair will be fine.

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, 8.5 months

I'm really disappointed so far. Very low density. when i comb my hair up ( like the pics) everyone can see the scalp.

I have contacted the clinic about it. they are very nice, and only saying things will improve until 18 months. I can't see any difference between month 6 and now.

luckily I comb my hair down and that way it doesn't look sparse and thin.

I still hope things will improve, but I know that from 8.5-12 the odds of that are low.
I believe I will need a second transplant so that the density will be reasonable. Unfortunately the clinic will regard my request only after 18 months.

:(WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 16.04.11.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (9).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (8).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (7).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (6).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (5).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.28 (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.28 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.28 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 15.57.28 (1).jpeg

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously everyone is different, but I had pretty much the same thoughts as you at that stage. By 9 months, all my new grafts have started to come out, but due to being new grown it just didn't quite make the longer hair that were already growing look thick enough. Perhaps once the length all catches up it'll look better. Furthermore, your naturally slightly wavy hair probably works in your favour for coverage, so I think you're looking at good results.

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think 3K+ grafts is a lot and should provide good cover.

the hairline (1 cm) was transplanted in more density than other areas.

I believe a lot of grafts did not survive. I know because the density in the hairline was the same throughout the hairline (1CM), but in the middle of the hairline, it is thinner than the sides of the hairline (see in the pics above). if all the grafts survived the density should be the same and even.

there also spots where the hair is thinner, that shouldn't happen, it should be even. it happens if some grafts did not survive in than specific area.

by the way, this how I normally go. when I comb it down the looks great and full, but i'm limited to that hair style:
20191204_114148.jpg

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In that case, I'd tend to agree with your asessment :/ . Any grafts that will grow should have grown by now, and you kept an eye on the progress.
I am going to guess because there is still a significant improvement from the baseline, they will claim success and give you no refund. If you truly believe the results should have been better, stand firm on your view and see what they are willing to do in terms of compensation. Good luck and keep us updated.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I totally get that. However, after this experience would you feel comfortable going back to the same surgeon ? Erdogan is a once very reputable name who more recently has many less-than-positive reviews stating similar issues, and most people seem to put it down to the technicians. It seems that their clinic simply became too popular for their own good,hence compromised their standards.

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, you just have a massive area that needs hair, I would still give it the full 12 months to see the results.

I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed with it, you look a lot better now than before and it's only going to get better still.

But yeah, you'll need more if you want to be NW0.

bryan2003

Reaction score
I only want them to do another hair transplant to fix the density. I don't want my money back/
Do not go to them again. I did and unfortunately after second surgery( touch up do not have much difference at 6 month, know that there will not get better till 12 month). Change the clinic do not make the same mistake like me. You will need around 1k grafts to look it nice and fill up the holes and poor density. Pay for it in good clinic like Ferudini, Couto so on. Endrogen used to be top one few yers back. Unfortunately last years is more and more crap results. Just waste of grafts and most do not survive!

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey & sorry for the late update.

I am not happy with hair transplant density (it's 18 months now). i have talked to the clinic and scheduled for a second hair transplant in the 7.9 (in 2 weeks).

i'll keep you guys posted.

2 photos with the hair up - you can clearly see the poor density

2 photos with the hair down - which is ok and looks good.

i'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 462
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 436
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 456
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 470
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 469

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not go to them again. I did and unfortunately after second surgery( touch up do not have much difference at 6 month, know that there will not get better till 12 month). Change the clinic do not make the same mistake like me. You will need around 1k grafts to look it nice and fill up the holes and poor density. Pay for it in good clinic like Ferudini, Couto so on. Endrogen used to be top one few yers back. Unfortunately last years is more and more crap results. Just waste of grafts and most do not survive!

What is you current state after the touch up? you should be in end result now. i'm doing my touch up in 7th of sept.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem was you had way too many grafts in one go. As such survival is harder, irresponsible from the clinic. You actually just needed 3000 with your thickness and then you could have touched it up if required with 500 or so. Even if you have good donor, you will usually get signs of thinness in the donor area after 5k grafts, way before you reach your donor limit. No matter how uniform they try to extract especially once someone has 5000 holes from FUE. Not the end of the world but you could have avoided needing what will be 5k + grafts just for the frontal half. You may need FUT one day for the crown/midscalp if you wish to avoid thinning back and sides.