• less

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • bang on 4000

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
had 4000 grafts (although not sure how accurate the number is) a few days before XMAS. I went with gethair and saw Dr Tayfun in Istanbul. Dr Tayfun actually only chats with you for 5 minutes prior to surgery for a quick exam , draws on your head and checks density for donor area thats it. The prodecure took around 4 hours with 3 ladies doing the extraction and transplant. Dr Tayfun arrives briefly to open the channels then thats his work done. The extraction and implantation is done by his female staff (so dont pay a huge amount of attention to the marketing that goes into how great and qualified Dr Tayfun us because apart from opening the channels he has no involvment in the procedure)

I am now approx 8 weeks post op

heres a few of my photos from before and up to the current day , you will see one with lots of blood from the donor area they got a bit over excited during extraction, I actually have a dent in my head still that can feel with my finger where the hole was. Apparently my protein intake was too high which led to bleeding (I wasnt instructed pre op not to take protein)

crusts all came off within 12 days, most of the shedding seems to have happened now too although still a little but of stubble left. Donor area regrew after 12-14 days too and my whole head was very itchy for 2 weeks after that. Once it was all healed I have started putting emu oil on daily to my scalp , it helps with the itchyness and hopefully will help with some regrowth. all eyes on 1 months time to see if it starts regrowing. Ive had a few issues with pimples and having to pop them, havnt seen a good answer if to leave or pop but it seems most of them are caused by stuck hair shafts that didnt come out properly

Attachments

• befire-1.jpg
    befire-1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 3,600
  • afterop-1.jpg
    afterop-1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 3,359
  • 6daysdonor-1.jpg
    6daysdonor-1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 3,159
  • 6daysdonor-1-2.jpg
    6daysdonor-1-2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 3,335
  • 3 weeks-1.jpg
    3 weeks-1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3,183
  • 32 days-1-2.jpg
    32 days-1-2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 3,378

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure on graft number, doctor spends 5 minutes with you... what the f*** are you thinking man

I was under the impression he was doing the whole thing , he has pretty much more experience than anyone else in the game

just a shame hes got a bit lazy and delegated to other staff now, I assume he has trained them properly

will see in just a few weeks what the results are

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like 800 grafts lol

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uh oh. How irresponsible of the surgeon to spread out those grafts like that. imo Your frontal third should've been reinforced first. What a waste of grafts. Your surgeon fucked you up hardcore.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too much area to cover anyway. Every surgeon in Turkey uses assistants, hence the lower prices. Interesting to see how it turns out

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too much area to cover anyway. Every surgeon in Turkey uses assistants, hence the lower prices. Interesting to see how it turns out

Yes not long to see what happens, they did actually put a lot of hair in the front and top that doesn't really show so well in the pics.there was a lot of stubble was happy with how that looked , quite sparse now but I guess it steered I didn't notice any lost grafts. Here's what was supposed to happen

a very ideal candidate for the FUE hair transplant operation. His donor region will be enough to cover the existing bald and thinning patches at the front and middle top region and small crown thinning in one session with 4,000 Grafts. If seen necessary, of course we will harvest accordingly and do more implantation. I am writing below about what will be done for each part of hishair below;

Frontal Hairline:
As the first thing to do, we will restore the receded frontal hairline and bend up the temples accordingly by considering the patient's age and visage as well. I will show him this in front of a mirror before the operation. The density we will be reaching would be between 35 to 40 Grafts per cm2 at the front, giving him a good dense looking hair for good styling.
Top Area:
After the frontal hairline retouching, we will implant the hair follicles on the thinning patches on the middle top by a touch-up and match the overall density with 30 to 34 Grafts per cm2.
Crown Area:
Lastly, we will do implantation on the sparse small crown region and achieve full coverage in one session with an average density of 25 to 30 Grafts. This density will match his current hairstyle and look natural.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you absolutely should have confirmed from him who would be doing the work. Thats a pretty fundamental question. I really hope it works out for you man.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
WAY too much space between grafts. 4,000 grafts is not nearly enough for the entire bald NW7. you're just going to need another transplant

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The techs do almost all of the work in Turkey. It's not unique to this doctor. I have no idea what you paid, but I commonly see 3,000 FUE grafts for around $2,000 USD. You're obviously not going to have a doctor sitting there plugging away for 6+ hours for that price. The doctor is there to draw up a plan, and in case weird stuff goes down like a post-op infection or something.

One thing I've been warned about is that they're very bad in Turkey about using single hair "grafts". Of course a "graft" is not a set thing. It can be 1,2,3, or even 4 hairs. Normally a "graft" is 2-3 hairs... but I'd be very sure to verify how your chosen clinic is defining a "graft". Because a 50/50 split of 2 and 3 hair grafts would mean 10,000 hairs were moved. While 4,000 single hair grafts is going to be less than half of that.

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
had 4000 grafts (although not sure how accurate the number is) a few days before XMAS. I went with gethair and saw Dr Tayfun in Istanbul. Dr Tayfun actually only chats with you for 5 minutes prior to surgery for a quick exam , draws on your head and checks density for donor area thats it. The prodecure took around 4 hours with 3 ladies doing the extraction and transplant. Dr Tayfun arrives briefly to open the channels then thats his work done. The extraction and implantation is done by his female staff (so dont pay a huge amount of attention to the marketing that goes into how great and qualified Dr Tayfun us because apart from opening the channels he has no involvment in the procedure)

I am now approx 8 weeks post op

heres a few of my photos from before and up to the current day , you will see one with lots of blood from the donor area they got a bit over excited during extraction, I actually have a dent in my head still that can feel with my finger where the hole was. Apparently my protein intake was too high which led to bleeding (I wasnt instructed pre op not to take protein)

crusts all came off within 12 days, most of the shedding seems to have happened now too although still a little but of stubble left. Donor area regrew after 12-14 days too and my whole head was very itchy for 2 weeks after that. Once it was all healed I have started putting emu oil on daily to my scalp , it helps with the itchyness and hopefully will help with some regrowth. all eyes on 1 months time to see if it starts regrowing. Ive had a few issues with pimples and having to pop them, havnt seen a good answer if to leave or pop but it seems most of them are caused by stuck hair shafts that didnt come out properly

A quick update of where I am now, a few pimples in the crown area now, Im expecting regrowth to start March 21st that will be exactly 3 months from the op. I can still feel stubble if I run my hands over my head

heres 2 pics from today this is 2 months 1 week post op (i actually think some of the transplanted hair grew and didnt fall out , I think theres more on top that pre op?)

btw i paid £3200 for the OP (not the cheapest in Turkey) but ended up paying a little more as I was told I could pay in £ before leaving but the clinic only allowed me to pay in LIRA which added £200 in foreign transaction fees from my bank! wasnt happy with that since I asked prior to leaving as i knew about the fee! I was told dont worry you can pay in £......

Attachments

• P_20180227_111209.jpg
    P_20180227_111209.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2,116
  • P_20180227_111255.jpg
    P_20180227_111255.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,059

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
18 days to go before i should feel itchy/see pimpling.......................... fingers crossed this really was a one off I would never put myself through that again

redspec

My Regimen
Reaction score
18 days to go before i should feel itchy/see pimpling.......................... fingers crossed this really was a one off I would never put myself through that again

I went through same procedure at Tayfun nearly 2 years ago. 4080 grafts and had a similar coverage to you before and after. Very happy with the results, everyone comments on how I look / getting younger etc. I looked at an old ID card the other day and it's hard to believe the difference, am sure you will have the same positive results by year end.

Similar to those comments on here, it is difficult to get such a large area covered in one session, my wife would like me to go back and fill in a bit more on the crown (monkey's bum), so I've agreed and am going back to Tayfun in May. I'll thicken up on top whilst I am there.

Hope all goes well

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through same procedure at Tayfun nearly 2 years ago. 4080 grafts and had a similar coverage to you before and after. Very happy with the results, everyone comments on how I look / getting younger etc. I looked at an old ID card the other day and it's hard to believe the difference, am sure you will have the same positive results by year end.

Similar to those comments on here, it is difficult to get such a large area covered in one session, my wife would like me to go back and fill in a bit more on the crown (monkey's bum), so I've agreed and am going back to Tayfun in May. I'll thicken up on top whilst I am there.

Hope all goes well

Good to hear you had success, when did you start noticing growth they did pack put the front half very well but not sure I've noticed growth yet. I get the odd pimple in my crown area now and again but nothing else. No itching yet and I'm around 2 weeks from the 3 month mark

redspec

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear you had success, when did you start noticing growth they did pack put the front half very well but not sure I've noticed growth yet. I get the odd pimple in my crown area now and again but nothing else. No itching yet and I'm around 2 weeks from the 3 month mark

First couple of months very little, still redness. Months 3-5 sort of looked pretty much like before, thin. By 6th month really started to notice new hair had grown and thickening to a natural look. As they always say you'll see the full results by 12-18 months but I was quite happy by month 6. Some photos before, at 2.5mos and 6mos..

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 1,810
  • 2.5 months.png
    2.5 months.png
    348.2 KB · Views: 1,736
  • 6 months.png
    6 months.png
    596.8 KB · Views: 1,944

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
a pic from today (15 weeks ish after op) noticed some tiny hairs popping up in the front hard to see because i have lots of my original hair back and3 or 4 tiny pimples in the front hair line, so things are starting to happen now, a very slow process , hopefully the rest will come through soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20180406_151351.jpg
    IMG_20180406_151351.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,707

Jordan_london

My Regimen
Reaction score
My report was almost structured and worded exactly to yours.

is an ideal candidate for the FUE hair transplant operation. His donor region is good enough to cover the existing bald and thinning patches at the front and middle top region and small crown thinning in one session with 2,800 Grafts. If seen necessary, we will harvest more grafts accordingly for more implantation. I am writing below about what will be done for each part of his hair below;

Frontal Hairline:
As the first thing to do, we will restore the receded frontal hairline and bend up the temples accordingly by considering the patient's age and visage as well. I will show him this in front of a mirror before the operation. The density we will be reaching would be between 35 to 40 Grafts per cm2 at the front, giving him a good dense looking hair for good styling.
Top Area:
After the frontal hairline retouching, we will implant the hair follicles on the thinning patches on the middle top by a touch-up and match the overall density with 30 to 34 Grafts per cm2.
Crown Area:
Lastly, we will do implantation on the sparse small crown region and achieve full coverage in one session with an average density of 25 to 30 Grafts. This density will match his current hair style and look natural.

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
My report was almost structured and worded exactly to yours.

is an ideal candidate for the FUE hair transplant operation. His donor region is good enough to cover the existing bald and thinning patches at the front and middle top region and small crown thinning in one session with 2,800 Grafts. If seen necessary, we will harvest more grafts accordingly for more implantation. I am writing below about what will be done for each part of his hair below;

Frontal Hairline:
Top Area:
Crown Area:
Lastly, we will do implantation on the sparse small crown region and achieve full coverage in one session with an average density of 25 to 30 Grafts. This density will match his current hair style and look natural.

have you been yet or still deciding?

Jordan_london

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've decided that I want a hair transplant but I am still looking around and trying to decide where to go.