• less

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • bang on 4000

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
almost 5 months post op , apparently from what im reading you get a big growth spurt between month 6 and 8 so looking forward to it. I definitely have more hair already, doesnt look amazing from the top but from the front its much better. The front sides were receding and they are full now. Will post monthly pics and see how it goes, looking good so far

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_081047.jpg
    IMG_20180510_081047.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,048
  • IMG_20180510_081119.jpg
    IMG_20180510_081119.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,975

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking any meds?

no meds, i did put emu oil on for month 2 but nothing since

i started doing the hair lasercomb again about 3 weeks ago every other day for 15 minutes

The hairs definitely growing back but im 99% sure im going to need another transplant to cover the back area, will have to wait and see what happens

oh and i just got 10,000 iu biotin tablets, although I do ketosis diet mon to fri and eat 100g almonds a day so probably dont need that, was worried a 0 carb diet might affect the regrowth but looking ok so far

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us updated. I have been putting off getting another transplant because i cant take Finasteride.

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us updated. I have been putting off getting another transplant because i cant take Finasteride.
will post up monthly pics to show how its going, theres definitely some growth whether or not ill get the coverage i want or not I dont know but end of June / August (6-8 month post op) is supposed to be the big growth months from what im reading from other surgeons.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it does look like it is thickening up, but aren't you worried without finasteride you will lose more native hair ?

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
it does look like it is thickening up, but aren't you worried without finasteride you will lose more native hair ?

not too worried im 41 this year and been slowly losing it since late 20s so i have already lost a lot or most of what I had on top anyway. I wont take finasteride because the sides are just not worth it, especially for people wanting to start families it can cause serious problems/miscarriage in early pregnancy, not to mention all the other possible sides it has

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
started to get a few pimples in the centre crown area so thought i would investigate , cant see too much maybe new hairs popping through

this is now 5 months (-2 day) post op so about 2 months of growing i guess

important to note that my crown was almost empty before the op and almost no hair so it seems i was lucky and some transplanted hair did actually grow rather than going to dormant phase which is good (also noticed this at the front too)

this is the area I am most concerned about and want to cover, so I will post up a monthly pic, using my proper cameras this time and no camera phone :)

edit - there is a thinning patch at the back which was ignored in the transplant and has had no hairs in there so transplant number 2 may be necessary to fix this

Attachments

• 19052018.png
    19052018.png
    837.6 KB · Views: 1,584

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
One wonders if this was truly a mistake or incentive to get a 2nd procedure.

oh well jokes on them this was a one off procedure for me. I did ask for full coverage and they did say they could do it in 4000 grafts although with the procedure taking just 6 ish hours i dont think they made the best effort for me (they had 2 other people in the same day too)

heres my latest pic just taken almost 7 months post op (not fussed now by my hair think this is how its likely to stay but looks good from the front)

Attachments

• july19.jpg
    july19.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,537

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its coming along nicely, with some fibres added you could get away with not being bald at all and you've still got another 6 months of regrowth.

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
8 months post op, some pimples in my crown came and all over if I run my hand through I can feel short sharp hairs but can't see them so I assume things are still growing

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_160809.jpg
    IMG_20180821_160809.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,377

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a massive difference in a month but seeing that your not using meds it may take a little longer to get the full result. I would add a daily dose of 5% minoxidil foam to see if you can coax the remaining transplanted hair to make an appearance.

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
10 months post op, didnt have any of this hair around the crown prior to op so im counting this as a success, not full coverage put its taken atleast 10 years off my aging so happy so far

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_112812.jpg
    IMG_20181021_112812.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,441