4 months rogaine/nizoral

cxcasca

Reaction score
Did you go through a shed?

How long did it take for you to notice new hair growth?

Would you say that you have more hairs or that the foam mostly thickend up your existing hair?

I seem to be ridiculously sensitive to minoxidil as I get really aged skin, wrinkles, black eyes and long hairs on my body (perhaps no new hair on my body, but the hairs that I already have are longer and thicker). I wonder if I am getting systemic absorbtion because I constantly keep running my hands through my hair. Do you keep your hands of your head after applying the foam?

waytooyoung

Reaction score
Congradulations man! could you give me the details on the herbal supplements you take? been looking for some to add to my regimen of regaine and nizoral.

bayerischer99

Reaction score
:) good job.
I'm going about pretty much the same way.. Hair Essentials - herbal that works great- stopped shed and loss completely and QUICK. added rogaine foam and nizoral 2% ... stopped finasteride. Bleh. Nasty depression and stopped caring about girls etc. Is already working. bout a month in i think.

ding30

Reaction score
Congratulations, your hair looks great! Keep it shorter!

I think you mentioned but could you please clarify if you take all the herbs orally? Have you attempted to mix the saw palmetto and nestle and apply topically?

Cheers.

ALFIE_RAFC

Reaction score
Thats great I am going to start on rogaine and nizoral.

Do you or have you ever taken finasteride? The reason I ask is that I do not want to take it but just about every success story I see the author seems to be using it. Would be good if I could ge positive results without it.

ding30

Reaction score
Hi there,

again looks excellent!!!

can you confirm your quantity intake of herbal supplements and if you are applying any TOPICALLY?

Cheers

ALFIE_RAFC

Reaction score
Blacklabel3 said:
ALFIE_RAFC said:
Thats great I am going to start on rogaine and nizoral.

Do you or have you ever taken finasteride? The reason I ask is that I do not want to take it but just about every success story I see the author seems to be using it. Would be good if I could ge positive results without it.

Never taken it. Going to avoid finasteride forever if at all possible. To be Honest, I'll probably just suck it up and go for the full buzz or shaven look before I start taking finasteride.

Thats good to know as I am the same as you I would not want to go near finasteride. Just not worth IMO.

What is the exact rogaine and nizoral you are taking as I am just going to go for the same as you. Thanks

norman

Reaction score
i would recommend you to get on finasteride too, i had just es good results as you when i started with minoxidil and ket. after 3-4 months of use my hair looked thicker then it was ever in the last 3 years. everything was fine for a year after that. then all of a sudden the hair started to shed like no tomorrow. i continued the routine with 2x daily minoxidil and ~3 times a week ket but the hair just wouldn't grow back :(

after all that i added 0.5 finasteride to the two and slowly i'm recovering back, but i wish i would have get on finasteride back then when i still had the well grown back hair by minoxidil.

i was warned back then as you can see from that going to happen:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=56164

and you will find some more cases of great results from minoxidil alone at the beginning which went totally away after a "short" time

ding30

Reaction score
Norman,

Have you continued to take the 0.5mg of finasteride? Got good results from that dosage? Will you continue to do so or will you step up to 1mg?

Cheers.

norman

Reaction score
ding30 said:
Norman,

Have you continued to take the 0.5mg of finasteride? Got good results from that dosage? Will you continue to do so or will you step up to 1mg?

Cheers.

yeah i'm for 4 months now on 0.5 finasteride and i will continue to take it cuz i dont feel any sides what or ever and i'm getting my results slowly back, so no reason to stop the medication :)

you can read my story chronological:

here i started back in late summer 09 with minoxidil and ket and had really great results: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=56164

then after a year i started to shed like crazy...like after every small recovery i had a shed where the hair went worse from ever before. it was like every 2 months a big shed: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=61660 this is where i decided to add the 0.5 finasteride. i even posted some results with the finasteride in that thread.

and this is now, the hair looks better then the whole last year (even do the pic's might not show it that well): viewtopic.php?f=30&t=69752 i'm expecting some better results within the next 3~4 months cuz i can really see a lot of new hairs coming up all over my scalp.

but this thread is not about me, still i hope top be some help to you guys.

ding30

Reaction score
Wow, great results Norman!!! You must be so stoked.

I read your 1st post from '09 previously but didn't see the others.
You have had MAJOR growth. Makes me think about getting back on the finasteride. Thank you for sharing your story.

BlackLabel - Please keep us updated with your story.

Cheers

Jake97

Reaction score
Ok. Another question. Area above the hairline. Again, I have a very simillar situation as you do. How do you spread the foam in that area effectively ? Because I have no problems with putting on the temples but in that area....I have hair but it's thinning. So when I part them to see the scalp, I feel like I accidentally cover the bald areas around it, hence I'm not getting all the spots.

Not to mention that I feel like most gets caught in my hair. So when you say you spread it around....if I'd do it again I feel like the hair would get everything, not the scalp....

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
norman said:
yeah i'm still doing the 0.5fin and it works great. every weekend i found it easier to style my hair :)

normally i sport a what is called "hiterlyouth" haircut cuu it works great with the thinning hair i have on top, since it's not that obvious that the hair on the sides is still much thicker and fuller. but lately i'm wearing s slickback stile like this:
http://www.theurbangent.com/wp-content/ ... acht-4.jpg

it looks pretty neat and friends are mocking me with jokes like "haha look at you, it looks like you would still have hair lolol" - they meat it somewhat funny and insulting but for me it's a compliment, also because before the finasteride wearing the hair like that would actually make it look worse.

here is a pic of the hair right now, pic is from 13. november, you can see the hairline is still pretty decent :)

hair looks good in that pic and you have a good hairline

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Those results are fantastic.

I'm on a similar regime to you with Nizoral and Rogaine and I have pretty much exactly the same NW3 pattern and thinning in that island region too.

Your hair looks great short.

infofortruth

Reaction score
Blacklabel3 said:
Quick update

I've started using the rogaine foam twice a day and I also added S5 cream to my routine. I don't have any pictures right now but I'm same as my last photo update. I'll be sure to get some updated pictures in a couple months after I've been using the S5 cream for a bit of time.
You said in your first post that you tried Low Level Laser Therapy. Can you explain what you tried using? How many lasers where you using (what device), how many times a week did you do it, how long, etc. This would be very helpful not only to me but to others too.

ALFIE_RAFC

Reaction score
Hi,

I have today started using Nizorla 2% and regaine 5% Hopefully I will get some good results from this.

I have a few questions that hopefully can be cleared up by experienced users.

1. Should I use Nizoral every day?
2. I heard Nizoral dries your hair out. Should I use conditioner before I apply the Nizoral or can I use it after I apply the Nizoral and rinse it off?
3. With regards to Regaine how long do you let it dry into your hair before you put on your gel/wax?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb, this is my firsts steps to tackling my hair thinning.