4 months on LASER helmet/device (LLLT)

amsch

Reaction score
Hi there!

I've been using a 210 diode device for 4 months now. I got a helmet, however it was too small so i adjust it a way that i can use it on the front for 20 minutes, than the crown for 20 minutes. = 2 zones. I always wash my hair before treatment and use it on a damp head of hair. All the diodes are about 1,5-2 cm away from my scalp (as suggested)

Other thing's i've used: Xandrox 15 + spironolactone at FRONT ONLY at night, always washed out before lasering.

Results: Unfortunately, none. My front is still thinning, and the crown (where I don't use spironolactone+xandrox) has thinned a bit more. No reduction in shedding whatsoever.

Of course, it does not mean lasers don't work. They just didn't work for me (so far). You have to draw your own conclusions.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Could the damp hair effect the laser negatively? I would think it is best to use on a dry head Amsch

amsch

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Could the damp hair effect the laser negatively? I would think it is best to use on a dry head Amsch
It's actually suggested to do it on a damp/wet head of hair.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Amsch, I wish you would grow some hair already. I have a feeling your genetic make-up is winning the battle against hair loss. The only thing possible to fight against your situation is Propecia or Proxiphen. Unfortunately, Propecia gives you side effects and Proxiphen is not in your budget. I think you have to realize those really are your best options and if you can't use them, then you really are not going to win the battle. LLT may work for some but not with genetics that are too strong to fight against. I can't remember but have you tried topical finasteride?