4.5 Months - Treatment Working - Results

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
wow.....that is some serious results,totally get the conditions in ireland,manchester is just the same weather wise and im a norwood 2.5 so i have my hair about 2cm longer than i would usually have is to cover the recession,total pain.

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf this is too unreal to believe to be honest.

So as far as I understood: You shed like crazy the first 3 months and then within 1.5 monts you get that result???

This is too good to believe honestl dude

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So as far as I understood: You shed like crazy the first 3 months and then within 1.5 monts you get that result???

I didn't shed for 3 month's. I shed for a few weeks at the beginning.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score

Nah, I've seen fast growers like this.

Everybody is different. Not everyone grows hair slow.
Some guys can grow it back within a matter of 4 to 6 weeks

EDIT: I'm not saying they can grow back a full head of hair within 6 weeks, I'm saying they can grow back quite a bit of hair coverage within 6 weeks

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Just one cavaet, OP. And you're gonna hate me for saying this, but finasteride can stop working after a few years.
Your hairloss will have stopped after 5 to 10 years, and then suddenly it will start again.

Just beware my friend

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just one cavaet, OP. And you're gonna hate me for saying this, but finasteride can stop working after a few years.
Your hairloss will have stopped after 5 to 10 years, and then suddenly it will start again.

Just beware my friend

If finastride can prolong my balding until I'm into my 40s, I'll be a happy man. I'm not expecting it to work forever. But saying that, I've seen people who've been on finastride for 20+ years who are still maintaining their hair. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
If finastride can prolong my balding until I'm into my 40s, I'll be a happy man. I'm not expecting it to work forever. But saying that, I've seen people who've been on finastride for 20+ years who are still maintaining their hair. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones
Me and you will keep our fingers and toes crossed

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't shed for 3 month's. I shed for a few weeks at the beginning.

Got you. Well then mate congrats! I'm sure you will get fantastic results. I started finasteride 2.5 months ago so this gives a massive boost to my motivation.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome results. I am in NZ and get prescriptions for finasteride from my doctor. Get a bucket load each time for cheap as. I am sure you can do the same in Ireland.
I just buy minoxidil foam off ebay. Again cheap as. And if I can get it to me al the way over here in NZ I am sure Ireland will be easy.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow...
your follicles just needed a little push..
I’d sequee off the finasteride to a herbal or something not as intense. Now just keep it..

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is def regrowth

5.5 update.

I think I've had a step back in progress. I need another pair of eyes to tell me otherwise. Picture on left is 4.5, right is most recent. I can't tell if I've receeded or made progress on the temples. It's quite obvious I've lost ground at the front. There seems to be a split developing down the centre. Not the sure what the hell is going on there. I'm hoping this is due to a shed...

My libido is also at an all time low. I felt it was getting better at month 4 but in the last few weeks it feels like I've nothing between my legs.

Sorry for the unsightly dead skin in the photos. I dermarolled a couple of day's ago

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 month update.

Big improvement these last two week's, both to my hair and my mood.

My temples are are starting to fill in nicely and the frontal hairline is looking much better. My crown is almost completely covered now.

My mood and libido have upped so much, which was my main concern.
Would you say that derma rolling has been beneficial?

shwareb

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t hahah. This is unreal! I almost can’t believe it! I’m very happy for you dude.

Does minoxidil and dermarolling really do so much?

I was on Finasteride 1mg/day for 8 months and switched to Dutasteride 0,5 mg/day 3 weeks ago, and stopped Finasteride cold turkey but have seen very minor regrowth if any... Lose less hair though and barely any male pattern baldness itch. I also use Nizoral 2% 3 times per week. No sides to report as of yet.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finastride

I did a bit of travelling last year in Asia and while I there I picked up a two year supply of Pronor 5mg for something like 25 euro. Ridiculously cheap! I cut the tablets into quarters (or at least I try to) so each piece is about 1.25mg.

Minoxidil

I also bought this in Asia in liquid form. I got three bottles for about 10 euro.

I use this once per night before going to bed. I feel there's no need to use it twice and it's quite oily and messy to have on your hair during the day. I apply it about 4 hours before going to bed, massaging it in for about 10 minutes. I do this because it's completely dried before laying on my pillow. The last thing you want to do is wipe minoxidil all over your pillow while rubbing your face against it. This is why people experience facial bloating and dark circles around the eyes. I also noticed that if I applied Minoxidil too close to bed time, my heart beat would be ringing in my ears while trying to sleep.

Dermarolling

I didn't start dermarolling until about 6 weeks in. I started off with the 1.5mm but it left my scalp in a bloody mess. It was incredibly uncomfortable and my hair looked thin and brittle after each use. I went down to a 1mm and have had much more success with this size. I can be more aggressive rolling and leave the right amount of redness and this doesn't leave my hair looking terrible. I use it once a week, without minoxidil on that day.

Other than these three things, I started taking multi-vitamins, fish oils and Biotin 10,000. These have definitely given my hair a much healthier look and feel. I've also changed my diet quite drastically, not that I believe dieting is a cause for baldness, but my health certainly feels a lot better. I've cut out most processed foods and sugar.

Damn! That is some good density you got back. Congratz.