4 1/2 months on my 'big 5', absolutely thrilled! **Update

Jady

Reaction score
First of all, let me say that this place really inspired me before I ever started this regimen, so I wanna thank all those who contributed to this forum.

I'm 25 years old, I've been thinning for about 5 years now. When I got to the point you see in the picture I have posted, I decided to attack the issue leaving no stones unturned. I try my best to be as consistent as possible. I will admit that the Rogaine is the biggest obstacle I have because I left my hair feeling quite greasy and not very flattering to look at. But I'm pushing through that and I honestly don't think I'd have the results I'm seeing without it.

Here's the before picture:

83793369.jpg

And here I am 4 and a half months later:

93377745.jpg

I promise that I'm not using any concealers and haven't done anything to alter the pic in any way. Granted, my hair is a bit longer than it was in the before picture, but trust me it never used to make a difference how much I grew it, it still looked noticeably thin.

I'll say this, I do have a couple of friends who are going through the same hair loss problem as I am, and the only difference between me and them is that I'm actually doing something about it rather than wallow in self pity. My message to anyone out there is, whatever it is you're doing, stick with it. Make it part of your daily routine. Be consistent, be persistent. And try not to look in the mirror every single day trying to notice even the slightest difference...you'll drive your self crazy that way!

I hope this inspires people out there the same way other threads in here inspired me :)

Here's my regimen once again:

Propecia, multi vitamin, Omega-3, cod liver oil pills all once a day.
5% Rogaine twice a day.
Hairmax Laser comb 3 times a week for 15 minutes.

WhyNot

Reaction score
Re: 4 1/2 months on my 'big 5', absolutely thrilled! (with pics)

This is very inspiring dude! I'm losing my hair at 17, and threads like this one offer me hope for the next few years :D Good luck with everything man and go enjoy that hair, looks great!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow, great results. This is the key msg: "stick with it. Make it part of your daily routine. Be consistent, be persistent"

Jady

Reaction score

WhyNot said:
This is very inspiring dude! I'm losing my hair at 17, and threads like this one offer me hope for the next few years :D Good luck with everything man and go enjoy that hair, looks great!

Thanks! Sorry about that, 17 is pretty young, but don't wait too long! you can put a stop to it, trust me :)

Jady

Reaction score

zeroheat said:
Wow, great results. This is the key msg: "stick with it. Make it part of your daily routine. Be consistent, be persistent"

Thank you :)

And absolutely. To be honest, once I broke a month on the routine it just became a habit. My existing hair started to feel much healthier and softer, so it stopped being just about regrowing my hair, but it also became about having healthy looking hair. An added incentive...

antonio666

Reaction score

utter bullshit your second photo is a terrible pic and i bet there is little improvement

Jady

Reaction score

antonio666 said:
utter bullshit your second photo is a terrible pic and i bet there is little improvement

Ouch! Heh...

Sorry if the pics are bad, I'll take better ones and post them up soon...but trust me, there is substantial improvement. Not sure why I would take the time of day to make a thread like this if I'm not happy with my results so far!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

i bet you do have improvements

the second pic is very dark however

Jady

Reaction score

I apologize if I came off trying to deceive anyone with the second pic, here's a better one.

57844005.jpg

I don't know, maybe I'm overrating my results, but I kept in mind that I'm at a relatively early stage in my treatment so I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far I guess.

antonio666

Reaction score

i am sorry,you do have great results,well done just wish i would,i wish you further sucsess with your hair

Jady

Reaction score

antonio666 said:
i am sorry,you do have great results,well done just wish i would,i wish you further sucsess with your hair

Thanks man, and don't worry about it...we're all prone to skepticism when it comes to a subject like this, full of scams and lies everywhere.

Sorry again about the previous pic.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Jady, thank you for coming back and sharing your results. I hate assholes that come and talk down to people trying to help and offer advice. Your hair looks really good. congrats!

phish

Established Member
Reaction score

goes to show that Propecia and minoxidil both work on the hairline. in 4 months you filled in your whole hairline. people pay 10,000 dollars to do what you just did with a hair transplant good job.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score

Excellent results, congratulations!

Your hair loss was like mine is but your's was slightly worse.

I was wondering when you first started seeing some results. Was it from month 3 or earlier?
I've been on my regime for 2 months and haven't really noticed much difference yet.

Secondly, how do you apply the rogain? Do you just use the dropper or do you rub it in afterwards?
How many ml each time?

Thanks.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score

Excellent results man. If only we all saw progress like that.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Only me who is sceptical to this one? over 100% density gained from a little over 4 months only? Even if he started to grow at the first day the amount of thickness is still unbeliveable :dunno:

robert west

Reaction score

That is AMAZING my friend!!!! Keep it all up! It looks as good as if you had 6000 grafts.

Jady

Reaction score

reckless said:
Excellent results, congratulations!

Your hair loss was like mine is but your's was slightly worse.

I was wondering when you first started seeing some results. Was it from month 3 or earlier?
I've been on my regime for 2 months and haven't really noticed much difference yet.

Secondly, how do you apply the rogain? Do you just use the dropper or do you rub it in afterwards?
How many ml each time?

Thanks.

Hey! Thanks...

Here's what I honestly did at the very beginning. I cut my hair pretty short and started wearing a for a while, I promised myself I wouldn't look closely at my hair at all the first 8 to 10 weeks so I don't get demoralized.

After about 2 months I took a close look and started seeing a lot of the fine hairs along my hairline actually growing longer than they used to before I started the treatment. Also, if you look at my first picture, on my left temple I have a mole on the left side, this is funny but that mole actually helps me gauge how much success I'm having, because little by little that mole started getting covered by fine hairs getting thicker and healthier.

As far as the Rogaine is concerned, I apply it using the spray nozzle that came with it. I spray six times while just trying to cover the front, top and crown area of my head. After spraying it I rub it in with my fingers for about 10 seconds. Not sure how much ML I'm using each time to be honest. Hope this helps though!

Jady

Reaction score

Thanks for your words of encouragement guys...

As for any skeptics, I don't blame you, I was in your seat about 5 months ago looking at before/after pics on the net and going "no f'ing way...".

I think the thing with me is, I had lots and lots of fine hairs that never really fell out, they came close to dying and falling out, which made my hair look pretty thin. After I started the treatment those fine hair just became thicker, and they started growing along with the rest of my hair rather than staying stagnant.

Anyway as I said before I'm not here to fool anybody, I'm just here to show people what previous people on this forum showed me. And to let you know that it is possible to grow some of your hair back, just don't wait till it's too damn late!

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

one word to say........................................... awesome dude