37 year old, feeling hopeless.

A4aviator

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been dealing with diffuse thinning. Sides are thinned, but mostly on top. Hairline receded. 2.5 Norwood. I've been on finasteride since 2007, saved my hair, but because of the thinning I've forced to keep it short.

My concern is future treatments. Will I still be able to benefit from hair cloning, even if my sides are kinda thin? Will there be a drug that reverses my diffuse thinning? I''ve had 2 FUE's done to help my hair line, but barely makes a difference. I'm done with surgery, tried hair system and it wasn't for me. I need to know there is something coming out that is specific to my hair loss. Is there hope?

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been dealing with diffuse thinning. Sides are thinned, but mostly on top. Hairline receded. 2.5 Norwood. I've been on finasteride since 2007, saved my hair, but because of the thinning I've forced to keep it short.

My concern is future treatments. Will I still be able to benefit from hair cloning, even if my sides are kinda thin? Will there be a drug that reverses my diffuse thinning? I''ve had 2 FUE's done to help my hair line, but barely makes a difference. I'm done with surgery, tried hair system and it wasn't for me. I need to know there is something coming out that is specific to my hair loss. Is there hope?
You saved your hair but it’s thinning

A4aviator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, in other words, slowed down my progression. I want to know if there is any future treatment in the works that is going to reverse my condition? I have male pattern baldness, but not typical like most. My sides are affected as well, but they won't go bald because my brother and father who are bald have same type of loss.. and they both have hair on sides.

I just want to know what future treatments or current besides finasteride/minoxidil/laser would help me?

A4aviator

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did 2 FUEs not help? Sounds like you didn't utilize the grafts correctly
My donor area isn't good enough for high density, I'm guessing. The hairline has been fixed a little, but still have recession. I don't want to scar my back head anymore than it is, already had about 3k drafts pulled out.. First FUE was for density on top, second was for hairline.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, in other words, slowed down my progression. I want to know if there is any future treatment in the works that is going to reverse my condition? I have male pattern baldness, but not typical like most. My sides are affected as well, but they won't go bald because my brother and father who are bald have same type of loss.. and they both have hair on sides.

I just want to know what future treatments or current besides finasteride/minoxidil/laser would help me?
In 20 years we will have automated machines to give scalp massages to fight hair loss don’t worry have hope for scalp massages

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
My donor area isn't good enough for high density, I'm guessing. The hairline has been fixed a little, but still have recession. I don't want to scar my back head anymore than it is, already had about 3k drafts pulled out.. First FUE was for density on top, second was for hairline.

Sounds like you got HOE'D by your surgeon. Don't give up though. Get some professional evaluation and go for another transplant. Waiting for a cure that'll never come out is some low iq behavior.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can always improve your health/hair. The air, food, water is full of toxins. They accumulate in organs, fat cells. Certainly don’t help your sensitive hair. I believe you have to keep experimenting to see what works for you. When the hairloss reverses it can be very gradual. The normal hair in a balding area may be X thick. If you can start to reverse the balding hairs may start growing at 1/5 X in diameter. Growing but not like they should be. Then you keep up your hair regimen & hairs start growing at 1/4 X & so on. A slow process as your health/ hair practices improve. Take photos after you shower to have a record. And don’t give up. Nobody’’s figure it all out yet.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can always improve your health/hair. The air, food, water is full of toxins. They accumulate in organs, fat cells. Certainly don’t help your sensitive hair. I believe you have to keep experimenting to see what works for you. When the hairloss reverses it can be very gradual. The normal hair in a balding area may be X thick. If you can start to reverse the balding hairs may start growing at 1/5 X in diameter. Growing but not like they should be. Then you keep up your hair regimen & hairs start growing at 1/4 X & so on. A slow process as your health/ hair practices improve. Take photos after you shower to have a record. And don’t give up. Nobody’’s figure it all out yet.

How do you explain the trash eaters with nw0s?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everybody is different & some are more genetically/environmentally/healthwise predisposed to balding & non balding.
A homeless man under a bridge may have a full head of hair. Fresh air, less stress, bad food, good genes etc are all factors in adding up his hair profile. It isn’t one factor that deteriorates hair. Likewise the solution lies in many positive factors.
As the positive factors outweigh the negative a THRESHOLD will hopefully be reached where the desert will bloom again. Does stress known or unknown outweigh bad nutrition or obesity in hairloss? Are genes 100% determitive? Does environment toxins/non toxins make any difference? I feel it all adds up to YOU. Get the markers of good health in line is a step in right direction. You can’t get in shape by lying on the couch. Fighting hairloss is a total commitment. There is no magic pill available. Take the pill & do 100 bad things which you may know or don’t know affect hair growth.
I don’t have the miracle formula, but I know what works & what doesn’t for me.
So in the meantime happy hair growing!