3500 Graft Fue Turkey - My Progress So Far

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes definitely get it done :) I’m still only 3 months, but very optimistic about how the new hair will look in the coming months.

I personally wouldn’t recommend dr acar, or any other package style clinics. the package option is so attractive. It’s why I chose it, but They tend to over harvest and take too many patients on per day. The pictures are being kind to my donor. In reality it’s far worse than what is coming across in the pics. I’m going to have to spend a few extra grand now for smp. The money I saved by choosing dr acar in the first place will now end up costing more o_O

I’d opt for one of the more premium dr’s in Turkey. The ones that charge per graft as opposed to package.

maybe dogany, koray, demisroy, erkem civas. They all charge per graft and it works out more expensive but they’re less likely to destroy your donor.

good luck

bananas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, you're probably right, it's just that money is definitely an issue for me... Finding the right clinic seems to be the hardest part!

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, you're probably right, it's just that money is definitely an issue for me... Finding the right clinic seems to be the hardest part!

Yea I understand. Think of it this way. You spend £3300 with dr acar. There’s a 50/50 chance they screw up your hair. You could walk a way with a good result (many do). You could also walk away with issues like me (many also do). My smp will cost £1500+, so I will end up spending £5k in total.

Or you could save, pay a bit more (£4K - £6k is what some of the above names will cost you), but you are less likely to have issues after, so no additional costs with fixing a bad job like me.

take your time, research and good luck with whatever your choice :)

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair transplant Doctor is toggling between 4 to 5 patients, it will be difficult to get his best effort. ALL the clinics in Turkey and any other location in NA or Europe goal is to make $$$$. They do it by charging a LOT for each graft or they have more than 2 patients per day or they use some sort of combination of those two scenarios. Paying high cost for $/graft does not guarantee results, especially if the doctor is only 'supervising.'

I would say almost ALL clinics are rushing or trying to work very efficiently - that's when problems happen. A clinic that only does 1500 grafts per day would be a much better clinic that's pushing 3500 to 4000 grafts in 8 hours, but doctors don't make enough money transplanting 1500 grafts unless they charge outrageous prices for 1500 grafts.

For some reason a lot of the clinics think that maximizing the # grafts is what patients want. They either try to sell you more grafts than you need or they promise to get as many grafts as possible for a fixed cost so the patient thinks they're getting some sort of real value.

There are so many variables involved in a great hair transplant, it's almost a bit of luck to get a really great hair transplant. I had my transplant in Turkey about 5 weeks ago and my doctor was a caring, conscientious who was genuinely interested in the best outcome possible. However, I still concede that for me to have a really amazing transplant there is luck involved.

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair transplant Doctor is toggling between 4 to 5 patients, it will be difficult to get his best effort. ALL the clinics in Turkey and any other location in NA or Europe goal is to make $$$$. They do it by charging a LOT for each graft or they have more than 2 patients per day or they use some sort of combination of those two scenarios. Paying high cost for $/graft does not guarantee results, especially if the doctor is only 'supervising.'

I would say almost ALL clinics are rushing or trying to work very efficiently - that's when problems happen. A clinic that only does 1500 grafts per day would be a much better clinic that's pushing 3500 to 4000 grafts in 8 hours, but doctors don't make enough money transplanting 1500 grafts unless they charge outrageous prices for 1500 grafts.

For some reason a lot of the clinics think that maximizing the # grafts is what patients want. They either try to sell you more grafts than you need or they promise to get as many grafts as possible for a fixed cost so the patient thinks they're getting some sort of real value.

There are so many variables involved in a great hair transplant, it's almost a bit of luck to get a really great hair transplant. I had my transplant in Turkey about 5 weeks ago and my doctor was a caring, conscientious who was genuinely interested in the best outcome possible. However, I still concede that for me to have a really amazing transplant there is luck involved.

Great thoughts Who was your surgery with if you don’t mind me asking?

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great thoughts Who was your surgery with if you don’t mind me asking?

I had hair transplant with Dr. Ilker Apaydin. Like I said, he's a nice guy that wants the best for his patients. He performed all the channel openings and also did about two-thirds of the extraction; however, his senior tech did the last one-third of the extractions.

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

it’s been a few months since I posted last so thought I’d post some current pics. I’m now 6 months post surgery and as you can see by my pics I’ve buzzed it all off to a 0.5. This is because I will be getting smp into the donor area. The crooks at cosmedica have left my donor in a complete mess and it just hasn’t recovered even after 6 months so I’m left with no choice.

you’ll also notice a few dots in my crown area. These grafts haven’t even grown. They’re just stuck there like dead hairs.

the recipient area looks ok and I’m actually happy with that, but they’ve left me with a useless donor.

I’ll create a new post once I get my smp done.

Attachments

• A75D7A82-EC93-4F0D-B5AE-251D7ECADF4A.jpeg
    A75D7A82-EC93-4F0D-B5AE-251D7ECADF4A.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 72FED5AB-21E8-40FA-8861-B680B2F09755.jpeg
    72FED5AB-21E8-40FA-8861-B680B2F09755.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • AF4C5001-CC47-48F0-948C-3DA037157212.jpeg
    AF4C5001-CC47-48F0-948C-3DA037157212.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 1,208
  • 66E58466-5D45-42D2-9641-65054DB3892D.jpeg
    66E58466-5D45-42D2-9641-65054DB3892D.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,194
  • 15A63A1B-16C1-46E6-8B10-2A76F7FEF095.jpeg
    15A63A1B-16C1-46E6-8B10-2A76F7FEF095.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,240

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

it’s been a few months since I posted last so thought I’d post some current pics. I’m now 6 months post surgery and as you can see by my pics I’ve buzzed it all off to a 0.5. This is because I will be getting smp into the donor area. The crooks at cosmedica have left my donor in a complete mess and it just hasn’t recovered even after 6 months so I’m left with no choice.

you’ll also notice a few dots in my crown area. These grafts haven’t even grown. They’re just stuck there like dead hairs.

the recipient area looks ok and I’m actually happy with that, but they’ve left me with a useless donor.

God, that is frightening, you should take legal action, looks like a school boy error. Hopefully SMP can help it blend in now, you'll have to keep your short in the donor area always.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
God, that is frightening, you should take legal action, looks like a school boy error. Hopefully SMP can help it blend in now, you'll have to keep your short in the donor area always.

I think theres a good chance it will look better if he grows out the donor area. Agree with the rest of your points.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think theres a good chance it will look better if he grows out the donor area. Agree with the rest of your points.

Normally I would say about growing it out but the reason I didn't is because it's a huge area and a perfectly formed rectangle. I'm not sure it could blend in well unless some innovative barber has a way of doing some creative fade.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A guy at work went to turkey and a year on you can clearly see his donor was over -harvested, after 1 week when i got mine done it was nearly un-noticeable anything had been done. Its a real problem going to Turkey over-harvesting.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man, the over harvesting outline does look bad, you definitely should tell the clinic to refund all of your money, and if the try to give you any bullshit tell them you will make videos naming them and showing the awful job they did and posting it to YouTube...so, I definitely recommend you make some videos before you get the SMP done, as insurance in case they don’t give you a refund to pay for the SMP.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also...in regards to the stuck and stunted grafts in your crown....have you asked the clinic why they are stuck and not growing?

I’ve read that some people use tweezers to gently pull out the stuck stunted hair as it may be blocking the graft from making new hair to grow, I would test it with gently removing one to see if it grows a new hair first before trying more.

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

There seems to be more taken from your donor area than the 3500 grafts, or maybe they've not grown back just yet.

On a positive note, you're transplanted area looks good!

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
There seems to be more taken from your donor area than the 3500 grafts, or maybe they've not grown back just yet.

On a positive note, you're transplanted area looks good!

Yes, I think they extracted more than 3,500 and transplanted less than 3,000 by the looks of it. At the end of the Surgery, Dr Acar assured me I still had 2,000 grafts left which would be enough for future surgeries. What a pack of lies!

thankfully the new hair does look good, otherwise I think I would jumped off a cliff!

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I think they extracted more than 3,500 and transplanted less than 3,000 by the looks of it. At the end of the Surgery, Dr Acar assured me I still had 2,000 grafts left which would be enough for future surgeries. What a pack of lies!

thankfully the new hair does look good, otherwise I think I would jumped off a cliff!

It appears that many hair transplant doctors in Turkey maximize profits by getting the most patients in the shortest time possible. When things are done quickly, and technicians are used, problems can arise.

Wait till the 12 month mark and if you're not happy, post your thoughts and results on these types of site because it exposes the hair transplant doctors and helps future hair transplant patients.

todaystheday

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whilst I agree yours doesn't look great, I wanted to show my donor area 10 weeks post surgery with the same surgeon....

Full flash, hair shaved to 1mm a couple of days ago.

3,800 grafts taken

IMG_20200330_225159.jpg

Last edited:

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also...in regards to the stuck and stunted grafts in your crown....have you asked the clinic why they are stuck and not growing?

I’ve read that some people use tweezers to gently pull out the stuck stunted hair as it may be blocking the graft from making new hair to grow, I would test it with gently removing one to see if it grows a new hair first before trying more.
I can 100% confirm this. I'm about 3.5 months post op and my gf pulled scab that had two small hairs that were stunted. When the scab was removed, there were two tiny hairs peeking through.