3200 Graft Update - 6 Month - Dr Wasserbauer - Walnut Creek, Ca

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my procedure 10/17/19 so I'm approaching the 6 month point. The surgeon's office is temporarily closed due to the Covid situation so decided to do my own 6 month photo shoot. These photos would normally be done more professionally in their photo room at the office.

Prior to procedure I rarely went out without something covering my head. I should have done the procedure 2-4 years earlier but literally woke up one day and decided I was going to do it. My wait time was 2 weeks (its normally 6 months or more) because I knew someone who backed out at the last second because of financial issues, so I took his spot. I keep my hair length roughly the same year round... a bit shaggy. Hair length is roughly the same before and after. Before today's photos I rubbed my hands through my hair to try to randomize it and just mess it up, which is what I used to do when I had enough hair.

Day 1 Back.JPG
Day 1 Top.JPG

6 month Top.JPG
6 month front.JPG

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I had my procedure 10/17/19 so I'm approaching the 6 month point. The surgeon's office is temporarily closed due to the Covid situation so decided to do my own 6 month photo shoot. These photos would normally be done more professionally in their photo room at the office.

Prior to procedure I rarely went out without something covering my head. I should have done the procedure 2-4 years earlier but literally woke up one day and decided I was going to do it. My wait time was 2 weeks (its normally 6 months or more) because I knew someone who backed out at the last second because of financial issues, so I took his spot. I keep my hair length roughly the same year round... a bit shaggy. Hair length is roughly the same before and after. Before today's photos I rubbed my hands through my hair to try to randomize it and just mess it up, which is what I used to do when I had enough hair.

View attachment 140300 View attachment 140301

View attachment 140302 View attachment 140303
Looks good for 6 months. How long have you been taking finasteride?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heres the scar, taken about an hour ago. Took my wife a while to find it. After showing me the photo she said something like, "it looks worse in the photo than it does in person. I could barely see it." Its definitely there. I'm guessing its fully healed at 6 months but maybe will fade a bit over time. Dont know.

Scar.JPG

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good for 6 months. How long have you been taking finasteride?

Thank you sir! I was late to the hair treatment party. I started finasteride a few days after my FUT procedure, so been taking it roughly 6 months. Wasnt taking anything prior to my procedure, which is a shame. At my consultation the team said they would prescribe finasteride and oral Min and recommended I started both asap. I delayed because I was worried about sides. After a few days I decided to start the finasteride but at half her dose. For a variety of reasons the oral min scared me more than the finasteride so I didnt start oral min until just a few months ago, dont remember the exact date but its in my regimen link, I think. Also doing oral min at half her prescribed dose.

Prior to my procedure I wasnt thinking about my hair or my appearance. I'm married with two young boys and a career so was sorta coasting through the years. The change came when my wife and I had an argument and she said something that triggered something in me. The next day I reached out to the office and got a consult as quick as I could. I didnt shop around or look around, I just wanted a procedure asap. The office was booked 6 months out. You dont meet the Dr at the consult, you meet a consultation guy that vets you to determine if you're a decent candidate. After the consult we walked to the front desk to get me on the schedule and I started chatting with the receptionist and joked that I'd be ready to go tomorrow if they wanted. I had heard from a friend that he cancelled but didnt know that his appointment was in a week but I went for it. Told them I'd have the money in an hour, went to the bank and came back and they let me have the spot. So i went from not giving a thought about my hair or appearance to a FUT procedure in less than 10 days, haha because of an argument with my wife. Wish I had done it years ago.

Heres a hairline pic with some detail. Most of the hairline is donor hair and you can see a few that are growing 5mm or so down from my line. Not sure if that means my hairline might move down further... hoping thats the case.

Hairline.JPG

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I should. Funny thing is I bought a microneedle kit a month ago and I’ve only used it a couple times. I just keep forgetting.

I’m at 8 month now and it continues to get better. I’ll post new pics here shortly.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_1340.JPG

8 months. Just washed and need a trim

IMG_1355.JPG

Top down. Will probably need some additional grafts up here. During the procedure she said they didnt have enough grafts to add much (or anything) to my crown so I wasnt expecting much improvement up top.

Will probably add a couple hundred grafts up here once I hit the 1 year mark. Need to do better with microneedling and hair meds. I take oral Min and finasteride almost daily but occasionally skip.

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 143491

8 months. Just washed and need a trim

View attachment 143492
Top down. Will probably need some additional grafts up here. During the procedure she said they didnt have enough grafts to add much (or anything) to my crown so I wasnt expecting much improvement up top.

Will probably add a couple hundred grafts up here once I hit the 1 year mark. Need to do better with microneedling and hair meds. I take oral Min and finasteride almost daily but occasionally skip.

great results.

how many MG do you take from me orally?

had any side effects?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks much. Taking 2.5mg oral Min daily which is half the dose I'm supposed to take. I was worried about dark circles around my eyes and other effects on my skin. I've had insomnia most my life and was also worried it would make it harder to sleep which is the last thing I need. No sides to report of at 2.5mg daily.

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. Very natural hairline. No multi-hair grafts in the hairline. Proportionally placed.

Do you have any immediate post-op pics of the recipient area as well as the donor area?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. Very natural hairline. No multi-hair grafts in the hairline. Proportionally placed.

Do you have any immediate post-op pics of the recipient area as well as the donor area?

hi, I think I do somewhere. I’ll dig them up.

I’m actually currently post op right now (again). I went back a couple weeks ago for a smaller Fut, 1700 grafts or so, mostly to fill in the top.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re looking in your 30s now man. In a year your wife’s gotta watch out for you impressing other women

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re looking in your 30s now man. In a year your wife’s gotta watch out for you impressing other women

lol thanks man, too kind, too kind.

here’s a couple pics my wife just took.

my 1700 FUT was 12/23/20 so I guess I’m 3.5 weeks out with the healing. I do tend to pick at it a bit which I’m sure I shouldn’t do... can’t help it.

Attachments

• 50E3737E-5C63-49EB-92C3-5066FBBCCDC5.jpeg
    50E3737E-5C63-49EB-92C3-5066FBBCCDC5.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 834C95A6-B666-435B-B6A1-1C66538E3DF7.jpeg
    834C95A6-B666-435B-B6A1-1C66538E3DF7.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi, I think I do somewhere. I’ll dig them up.

I’m actually currently post op right now (again). I went back a couple weeks ago for a smaller Fut, 1700 grafts or so, mostly to fill in the top.

Would love to see your immediate post-op results with your most recent surgery too.