3038 Grafts Fue / Asmed - Koray Erdogan / 30th April

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bro, I know joe Tillman started this whole "clinics have to use microscopes to really find 1 hair grafts" and this has been the recent craze with members on hair transplant boards. Apparently erdogan has started using them. Did they use these microscopes during ur procedure?

How long does erdogan spend on a) designing the hairline b) performing incisions for 3000 grafts?

Did u ask how many years experience the techs had that were working on u?

Thanks again for sharing with the community

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely my thoughts on the crown. Dry and in indoor lighting it passed for a cowlick, aided by my wavy hair type which gives very effective coverage but the medium term security this gives is well worth it.

I'll get some ten day photos of the donor. Just looking in the mirror from a distance it doesn't look too bad at 8, no specific spots with obvious depletion either. I'm guessing another 1500 via FUE would be easily available and cover any medium term needs. If sh*t hit the fan in terms of further loses I'd have no issue with strip, probably Konior if I was in that position.
does 0.25 mg of finasteride actually work for you? i havent seen any documented regrowth in the past,and it obviously didn't significantly regrow your crown, seeing as you needed another hair transplant procedure.
Also, how do you know for sure its stabilised your hairloss?

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Previously had a 3000 graft FUE at ASMED 12 months ago, linked here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...istanbul-3070-grafts-fue.104983/#post-1468928

Overall very satisfied with the results from the first procedure, but still wanted to address the crown which was previously untouched, as well as density issues in some areas of the previous transplant, and create a slightly more aggressive hairline with more youthful closure at the temples, including an alteration to the overall design.

Some background on my situation, I was initially a NW3V diffusing in a NW5 pattern that is very noticeable when wet but not an issue dry and with longer hair, 22 years old at the time, and had stabilised on finasteride. First procedure was solely for the hairline and created a slightly conservative Norwood 1.5-2 with 3070 grafts. My donor had roughly 9500 grafts to begin with and I am left with potentially another 2000-3000 after the second procedure, but the clinic suggested this is impossible to know for sure unless it is analysed 12 months down the track.

In online consult 2000-2500 grafts were suggested for crown and frontal work, but in person Koray thought 3000 would be worthwhile to create a significant improvement in both the crown frontal third. Ultimately suggesting 1500 in the frontal third and 1500 in the crown. He also seemed impressed with the standard of my donor after the first procedure.

Some stats on the second procedure:

3038 grafts – Hair/Graft ratio: 2.1 (quite a bit lower than the first time round)
Average Hair Thickness – 50 microns

Singles - 557
Doubles - 1709
Triples - 697
Quadruples - 74
Quintuples - 1
Sextuples - 0

Minor points, this time I stayed at the hotel rather than the clinic and preferred it quite a bit. Very comfortable and calming, good food for very cheap prices and there's a lot of options for places to visit a quick walk away also. That said the clinic room was very convenient. Of course as with last time the clinic staff and my clinic supervisor were very accommodating.

Another point, from a front view and in dimmer lighting the very tight buzz the clinic bring the hair down to reflected that the previous work looked very natural and had no visible density issues, although from a top view seen in the clinic photos there's a noticeable difference in density between the areas with natives and those previously implanted. Noticed the same in cases like Yas and acegik who both went for 2nd procedures at ASMED, although not a huge issue unless you're planning to constantly having people looking at the top of your scalp. The donor scarring from the first procedure was also clearly visible when the scalp was buzzed to a zero, not that this is a problem or unexpected as one shouldn't go in assuming FUE is scarless or that they could get away with a buzz that tight to begin with. Just a point to note.

Hair was in significant need of a cut when going in for photos, so note it also didn't look its best.
Hello mate,
What density per cm2 did you manage to get?

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had mine with Erdogan so I can answer these. For the hairline he spends maybe 5 minutes on it, In the end, he will adjust the hairline during the actual surgery i believe, i have no qualms about his hairlines i think he frames the face nicely and as long as your yield is good no one will know you had a transplant unless they obsessively look at transplant pictures like us. You will be consulted about the hairline along the way, but really, i wouldn't argue with him about it unless you want it to be much higher.

Forget about the techs, mine didn't speak english and the clinic won't even give you their names which is odd, we can only trust what the clinic is saying regarding their experience. As for the microscope, i have many doubles in my hairline but this could also be because the singles in the very front didn't take, it looks like most of the grafts in the very front are singles to me.

Guys ; don’t mean to interrupt (also trying to make friends on here! ) but I had surgery with asmed last week and during the whole extraction they sort the follicles into singles , doubles, trebles and you can hear one of the techs behind you callin the names out as well as a tv screen right in front of your face showing of each extraction is a single or a double.

I am sure they know that singles should go in the front. I hope they did that for me . Don’t think I can see yet (photo of hairline below)

Attachments

• A7C6AEA0-F97F-4E5D-B00C-28EF1E5DA6C2.png
    A7C6AEA0-F97F-4E5D-B00C-28EF1E5DA6C2.png
    896.3 KB · Views: 713
  • 0504426F-101E-476E-A8B1-3905F1C22A68.jpeg
    0504426F-101E-476E-A8B1-3905F1C22A68.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 727

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’ve had just over 6,000 grafts fue? Is your donor looking good? I had 1200 fue recently and my doctor said “you have a lot of follicular units” I’m hoping I can get those numbers. Thoughts?

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys ; don’t mean to interrupt (also trying to make friends on here! ) but I had surgery with asmed last week and during the whole extraction they sort the follicles into singles , doubles, trebles and you can hear one of the techs behind you callin the names out as well as a tv screen right in front of your face showing of each extraction is a single or a double.

I am sure they know that singles should go in the front. I hope they did that for me . Don’t think I can see yet (photo of hairline below)
How's yours looking now? I had mine on 14th Dec.check out my post

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

I am just over 4.5 months now .

Before on left and now on the right

Attachments

• 1F70F61E-6D7C-4D74-B080-D3674B020E30.jpeg
    1F70F61E-6D7C-4D74-B080-D3674B020E30.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 601