3 months on finasteride now..

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re:

muaythai187 said:
I'm on the same situation ,I have been in finasteride for 2 months & half and my hair has gotten thinner then again its too early to give up hope. About getting tired ,I noticed that side the first week I took finasteride and now I just take it at night. I'm going to ride out for at least 12 months and at least get my money back if it doesnt work.
whats the name of the european pharmacy ?? would like to check it out.. u can pm .

rptiffany

Reaction score
hey, i am in the same boat as you guys. three months and hair is thinner. however, i have noticed that texture is a bit improved and its not nearly as limp as it used to be. i think we all just need to stick it out atleast 3 more months. i think all we need is a glimmer of hope that the drug is working and then we can live life a little more peacefully. im hoping that ill see that glimmer in 3 months...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I tend to believe that high T level (hormone imbalance especially) can cause aggresive hair loss.

So if your hair loss was caused by hormone imbalance, maybe finasteride would have a negative impact on it as it does raise T level by approx. 10%

22goingon50

Reaction score
I've just hit my 6 month mark of finasteride. My hairline has become much worse, and there are an abundance of miniaturized hairs. I was hoping to see signs of progress by now, but I haven't at all. Just like you guys, I'm going to wait the full year and hopefully things start to get better from here. I should also add that I started the foam and nizoral at the same time. It could also be the foam thats doing this to my hairline, because I only apply it to my hairline. You can never be sure tho, so I'm giving everything the full year. I hope things turn around for all of us. Maybe I should get some blood work done and test my T levels.

bathtbgin

Reaction score
any doctor, and even propecias website will tell you that you should give propecia a one year trial before deciding if its working. it took me close to the 5-6 month mark before i noticed anything. Until that time i was still loosing my hair. I got some serious positive results when i combined propecia and rogaine. If you are worried right now, try an assault on both fronts.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
is there any way in telling that testosterone is causing your hair loss and not DHT ????

Pondle

Reaction score
I suspect that high T might cause hair loss simply because there's more to metabolise into DHT. DHT seems to act on hair follicles, rather than T. Remember that the 5AR2 deficient pseudohermaphrodites often have slightly elevated levels of T yet they don't lose their hair.