3 month update on RUM/AHK

freddiegemini1

Reaction score
HI All

An update on my regime.

I apply rum (2.5%) one day + ahk (2.5%) the next. both at night. wash off next day. in the day i often use a castor oil/emu mix rubbed in as a styling tool. I also use folligen every now and again

I'm sad to say that my crown has thinned for sure. The hair is thinner without doubt - i do not need pictures as i can feel it with my fingers and see in the mirror.

Shedding has been v.bad - thick dark hairs. Still on going. This is my main worry.

My theory is it is the oil/treatments on my scalp that is causing the fall out.

Confusingly the ahk/rum do stop the male pattern baldness itch - which i would assume means less thinning but alas this isn't the case.

Its rather frustrating as im giving it a fair shot but i have not noticed any stabilisation only a degradation of hair quality since being on the regime.

One thing is very clear to me though - the oils + regime make my hair grow v v fast. I think this could actually be a negative as opposed to a positive. Like its speeding up the process of thinning.

Anyway it's an honest update. I completely stuck now on whether to carry on or keep going. And what, if any elements to keep going on.

Can't help but think the alcohol (ethanol) from my AHK mix is bad for scalp/follicles - i could be wrong.
Thanks

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your not even using the products correctly anyway.

Your supposed to use an antiandrogen at least once per day. Your not.

Secondly AHK-Cu is also supposed to be used at least once per day. The studies conducted used it at a 2.5% strength twice per day.

I would suggest using both once per day.

Its like someone saying Im going to use propecia once per week or minoxidil once every 3 days. You cant really complain if you dont get results.

Dudels

Reaction score
blaze said:

Secondly AHK-Cu is also supposed to be used at least once per day. The studies conducted used it at a 2.5% strength twice per day.

Its like someone saying Im going to use propecia once per week or minoxidil once every 3 days. You cant really complain if you dont get results.

BUMP

Dudels

Reaction score
blaze said:

BUMP

beaner

Reaction score
Why do you keep bumping this? You've already received the best advice that you're going to get.

T

TravisB

I'm on RUM for more than 3 months now. And honestly, I don't think it's helping my hair at all. My hairs are vanishing further.

However, funny thing I've noticed that since I started using it, I haven't had any pimples popping out on my face (no, I'm not applying RUM on my face). Before RUM, I was getting them quite often. Can it be because lower testosterone and higher estrogen maybe?

T

TravisB

I haven't taken Finasteride, but I ordered it and will probably start taking it soon

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
israelite said:
jonathan123 said:
dont go on finasteride.
switch the rum to regular ru.
y switch? great results with rum :)

No offence but how do you know what is giving you great results.

You are taking everything!!!
i'm adding stuff to my regimen because my hair shed is very high! losing so many hairs a day! i thinks its the rum that helping me w/ my hairline:dunno:

jonathan123

Reaction score
israelite said:
jonathan123 said:
dont go on finasteride.
switch the rum to regular ru.
y switch? great results with rum :)
cause its a lot more avilabel to the market than rum.
and more peoples saw sucsses on ru.
im not saying that rum is bad. i just say what i think works better.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
or is it possible that tyhe shedding that some mention means it is working well, and in 6 month one would have amazing regrowth like with propecia ?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Silverfox said:
So is it official that RUM is useless over-hyped snake oil? Is this proof?

3 months isnt a enough time to make anything official. And how could it be proof. An n=1 sample size is not enough to establish any result.

By all reasoning the prodrug nature of it should make it superior to RU. Less side effect, more of the substance making it to the therapeutic target side.

I wouldn't write it off so easily.

And not applying it daily doesn't help. Anything that works is generally done daily.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
I haven't taken Finasteride, but I ordered it and will probably start taking it soon

be careful travisB I think I developed reflex hyperandrogenicity with propecia.

Body hair acne prostate problems all symptoms of HIGH DHT and more hair loss after stopping the drug.

My only chance is RU, I would try RU first.