3 Mil Or No Shine Front Lace Thin Tape?

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

7 days exactly now wearing a system and already some love & stories with glue (Ghost Bond Platinum). I've followed all the instructions:
- Clean the scalp with 99% alcohol and make sure the lace is clean too
- Apply 2 coats and let dry for 5 minutes
- Let it stay for 24h before wetting my head
My problem is that It peeled here and there whenever I get a shower (small spots of 2 cm max). I'm getting tired of doing touch ups at least 2 times a day. Sometimes I've to take the system off to reattach.
I don't sweat at all when applying and I'm not a big sweater in general. My scalp is not oily too.
Am I missing something?

Before trying another glue I heard good feedbacks about some glue based tapes that have both the advantages of the glue (invisible) and the tape (easy to apply and clean).

What do you guys recommend for me? I'm torn between two choices to use on the frontline, 3-mil or no shine.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

My last question is what shape should I choose (see picture below)? My first guess is CC. What do you think?
frontlineshape.jpg

Noah

Reaction score
One vote for 3-mil. I find the No-shine too visible for a hairline like yours. (Hairline looks great, incidentally).

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Noah.
I've also heard good things about Walker Ultra Hold Tape. iI someone has any feedback about this one too that would be great.

Last edited:

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And, how do I know what contour should I order, please? Is there a way to measure?
Thank you

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last week I tried bonding my French/Swiss lace system with Walkers Ultra Hold tape, without using the extra thick scalp protector... its slid right off my head!

Used the scalp protector... and after five days, holding fine (using GB XL for the hairline... it's also, fine).

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm more interested in using tape on the frontline. I use SuperTape for the sides and back and it's holding good.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm more interested in using tape on the frontline. I use SuperTape for the sides and back and it's holding good.

for the last few months I have been using 3 mil
and no shine. 3 mil is less apparent but does not last more than 5 days for me. Glue breaks dow and its so thin that it glue sticks to lace base making it difficult to remove from base (especially if only doing front part as opposed to complete detachment) no shine does last longer for me and is easier to clean.

Now that I have been wearing hair pieces for a year and developed a tan line, I now use glue as I know exactly where piece meets forehead...gb xl beter for me....the beige gb platinum worthless.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback, it helps me to have a good idea what to expect.
When you say gb platinum is worthless compared to xl, what do you mean? thx

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi, sorry i meant phantom vs XL ( not platinum) . I bought the phantom as it was supposed to be better that other gostbound products "Phantom is specially formulated for humid locales and oily and sweaty skin" i found it has less of a hold than the thicker XL formula.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've bought a pack of No-Shine and another of Ultra Hold. They will arrive on Monday. I will update with the results.
Unfortunately, I can't find a 3 Mill here in Canada and buying from hair direct is a big no for me because of the 25US$ shipping fee.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My problem with the walker blue tape is that it holds great but I don't like that shine you get from it. And its tough when redoing the front only to get the tape righttttttt at the edge of the system without a little bit of lace showing, if you catch my drift.