28 M - Extremely worried about my diffuse and crown hairloss (pics attached)

wally564

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a 28M active male into fitness who has been experiencing hair loss for 3-4 years. I always had thick hair but genetics has done me no good in the hair department. I have diffuse hairloss and recently started to experience more noticeable crown hairloss.

I was on minoxidil with decent gains for 2 years (more baseline stability and hair thickness rather than hair regrowth) but i decided to take a pause for 3-4 months and just use rosemary oil (which was obviously a really bad idea as you can tell by my pics).

Stoppage of minoxidil had a significant impact on my hairloss so about 2 months ago i restarted my regimen (1x day), and about a month ago added finasteride (3x a week)/nizoral (2-3/week) /biotin (daily).

Since adding finasteride/nizoral/biotin to my regimen, i have noticed my hair loss has reduced significantly.

Based on your experience, do I have any chance of regrowth? I am really worried and self concious about posting my pics here but I need your honest recommendations/feedback to help me battle this journey.

Cheers!

Attachments

• D3CFE458-C221-472D-A67D-C6F9C54CE858.jpeg
    D3CFE458-C221-472D-A67D-C6F9C54CE858.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 9A10B20D-298F-49DF-9567-A71838164141.jpeg
    9A10B20D-298F-49DF-9567-A71838164141.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 78E44DCD-DB06-45BE-BFD5-EAC585F3FCDF.jpeg
    78E44DCD-DB06-45BE-BFD5-EAC585F3FCDF.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 263

wally564

My Regimen
Reaction score
@darkheart thanks for your detailed assessment. How bad does it look to you at the moment? Do you think I can make any gains with finasteride based on your experience? I will look at oral minoxidil option as well as microneedling.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a 28M active male into fitness who has been experiencing hair loss for 3-4 years. I always had thick hair but genetics has done me no good in the hair department. I have diffuse hairloss and recently started to experience more noticeable crown hairloss.

I was on minoxidil with decent gains for 2 years (more baseline stability and hair thickness rather than hair regrowth) but i decided to take a pause for 3-4 months and just use rosemary oil (which was obviously a really bad idea as you can tell by my pics).

Stoppage of minoxidil had a significant impact on my hairloss so about 2 months ago i restarted my regimen (1x day), and about a month ago added finasteride (3x a week)/nizoral (2-3/week) /biotin (daily).

Since adding finasteride/nizoral/biotin to my regimen, i have noticed my hair loss has reduced significantly.

Based on your experience, do I have any chance of regrowth? I am really worried and self concious about posting my pics here but I need your honest recommendations/feedback to help me battle this journey.

Cheers!
None of us have a crystal ball to predict what will happen but anything is possible. I think using minoxidil twice daily is still more effective than once daily if you can do it. Just remember genetics will always win in the end. These are no cures.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people won't respond well enough to finasteride for any cosmetically significant hair regrowth to appear, most treat it as a maintenance drug rather than something that will regrow hair because of this. If you are in the very small percentage of people that are hyper responders to it you might get signifcant regrowth but don't get your hopes up.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Cheers!
I don't have personal experience with crown hairloss, but I've seen quite a lot of crown regrowth from other people on finasteride. If there is any regrowth, chances are it's gonna be at the crown.
Remember, give it enough time to work before drawing any conclusions. Personally I got decent results on finasteride only at month 10 after a massive shed at month 8.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Standard Norwood progression with DUPA. Regrowth is extremely rare and it’s not going to ever fix the density even if you were that lucky. You do need to do something to halt it before it gets any worse especially if you ever want a transplant. Most surgeons won’t do a transplant when there is a certain level of diffuse thinning. They also (usually) won’t do it if you haven’t stabilized your condition via finasteride or dutasteride.

wally564

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 8D9C3BB7-DC76-4E1C-915B-4B1E509AB893.jpeg
    8D9C3BB7-DC76-4E1C-915B-4B1E509AB893.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 136
  • D08965C2-1DD9-40C2-9A3B-E54A3CCAD914.jpeg
    D08965C2-1DD9-40C2-9A3B-E54A3CCAD914.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

wally564

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i have been on minoxidil since July and stared Finasteride 2x week since August. Here is a pic with similar comb over style for comparison.

What do you think? @Jpw1999

Attachments

• BBEC2BF8-1361-44A1-ACF8-D5427982EF23.jpeg
    BBEC2BF8-1361-44A1-ACF8-D5427982EF23.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 107

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i have been on minoxidil since July and stared Finasteride 2x week since August. Here is a pic with similar comb over style for comparison.

Looks way better man, keep it up, it looks like you are a good responder to your treatments.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Looks to be improving.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil 5% Topical, twice a day, 6 days a week (skipping the day you microneedle) + Microneedling once a week

I would recommend this before considering any oral treatment.