27 month update page 17

JWM

Reaction score
It's also tough to tell if you're thinning on top when you have a bandana on your head.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
October 2009:

May 2011:

What do you guys think? Seems like overall thickness is lower

Last edited:

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me, slight improvement if anything. Is your regime still the same?

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
shadowRX said:
What do you guys think? Seems like overall thickness is lower

Well, think about it this way, even if there was no improvement at all (I think there is improvement, by the way) you maintained for over 2 years. That's a success. Otherwise, you could have lost a lot more hair during that time, since you are one of us unfortunate people whose hair is sensitive to androgens.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm taking dutasteride 0.5mg 4/7 days of the week. I increased it a month ago because I noticed my shedding in the shower increased a lot. Before I was taking dutasteride 2/7 days of the week. I use rogaine only 5 nights a week because it gives me such bad irritation. Nizoral only about once a week.

cristi2011

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, come on, you have no hair loss problems.
Your hair is... PERFECT, at least in the last picture you showed!
What "overall density is lower" are you talking about??
I cannot see any scalp at all!

STEE77

Reaction score
It looks like its filled in nicely, you look to have just a "mature hairline" at this point. It looks quite thick too, I cant see hardly any scalp at all. If youre like me, with a high forehead to begin with, you can only do so much. You look like youre doing a great job and keep up the good work. Really great results!

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks awesome, really thick and great hairline. You don't look like you've thinned at all. What's your regimen now, minoxidil and finasteride still? I'd love to get some regrowth like that :punk:

oopsvissu

Reaction score
hey shadowrx, did u have thinning on your top too,while u started the medication?or just in the temples? and where all do u apply the minoxidil???just in the temples region?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to update you. Treatments are going alright. I am seeing a little more diffuse thinning over time. I've been thinking of adding S5 Cream or something like that. What do you guys think?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
If you slowed down your balding over 5 years that much, then I'd say just be happy with what you've gotten so far. I've been on finasteride for 6 years. It hasn't stopped/reversed hair loss, but it's slowed it down a TON, which I consider a success.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^^ MSM. start low, 500mg for a wk or two, and take with 1-2 full glasses of water. Then increase. It will lessen the hair fall when used with other stuff. Mk sure to check it against your current meds and vits, like all other drugs.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Wanted to give an extreme long term update, I'm at like 12+ years now. Basically have stayed strong the whole time, some minor diffuse thinning everywhere (basically from aging probably).

My regimen has basically stayed some combination of dutasteride/finasteride + minoxidil. I dropped nizoral a long time ago, when it got really hard to find. I also started foam in the morning and liquid at night a long time ago. My current regimen is 1x dutasteride a week, 7x finasteride a week, 2x daily minoxidil
12 year progress.png
I think the middle photo was month 5. The 12 year photo angle is a little different because the camera FOVs don't match