26 years old, not sure if I’m losing it yet.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want to try finasteride I just don’t want to risk my sex life, I don’t think I would do it. Best think for me is to just hope for the best.
Personally I don’t think yours is aggressive enough and looks like a mature hairline. No one would think that’s balding or receding except the Norwood spotters on here. If you really want some preventative thing consider topical dutasteride once or twice a month. Apparently it doesn’t go systemic like finasteride daily and it’s also potent enough to make a difference

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want to try finasteride I just don’t want to risk my sex life, I don’t think I would do it. Best think for me is to just hope for the best.
If I were you, first I would try other treatments first and see how you respond. If you start losing ground despite the conservative treatments then I'd try finasteride.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I were you, first I would try other treatments first and see how you respond. If you start losing ground despite the conservative treatments then I'd try finasteride.
Is hard water known to cause hair loss? Ever since I moved into a new place I noticed my hair tends to get very oily and sheds a little
More.

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is hard water known to cause hair loss? Ever since I moved into a new place I noticed my hair tends to get very oily and sheds a little
More.
Yes it does!! Hard water can destroy your hair. I have a water softener in my home and have to add the salt pellets every so often. The hard water will cause calcium build-up on your scalp.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it does!! Hard water can destroy your hair. I have a water softener in my home and have to add the salt pellets every so often. The hard water will cause calcium build-up on your scalp.
Yeah that would explain, prior to moving I didn’t have any hair problems. How much does it cost to get a water softener system installed?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For reference, here’s the good side of my head where I notice my hairline has been intact since 19. Thoughts? How does it compare to the other side? For some reason I noticed only the right side tends to look different. Is an uneven hairline normal as you age?

Attachments

• BA76C5E7-6D20-4DDD-834B-05EC8644D42A.jpeg
    BA76C5E7-6D20-4DDD-834B-05EC8644D42A.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here are some new pics I took with optimal lighting. Thoughts? Thank you!

Attachments

• B48554DA-72A9-4554-99AD-D5EF01DDE585.jpeg
    B48554DA-72A9-4554-99AD-D5EF01DDE585.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 32C29CFF-D08C-4367-ACA3-B79F2EFF941E.jpeg
    32C29CFF-D08C-4367-ACA3-B79F2EFF941E.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 87
  • B219FDCD-AC74-4E53-BE1B-201919E487DD.jpeg
    B219FDCD-AC74-4E53-BE1B-201919E487DD.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 8B01312B-9A7E-4A87-9962-E0338B091946.jpeg
    8B01312B-9A7E-4A87-9962-E0338B091946.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 81

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok so sorry for my annoying-ness but I just realized the picture quality I keep saying is gold is actually crap, I realized natural day lighting is by far way better. Here are some more superior pictures in terms of good lighting! Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• CCEE4AFB-FEC8-4021-A224-4522401BA400.jpeg
    CCEE4AFB-FEC8-4021-A224-4522401BA400.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 697C8588-E361-4A18-A430-3ABA35F5D9CF.jpeg
    697C8588-E361-4A18-A430-3ABA35F5D9CF.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 109
  • F7C5EAC3-88A2-4D50-8977-F0F9C3CD9FFD.jpeg
    F7C5EAC3-88A2-4D50-8977-F0F9C3CD9FFD.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 94AD1313-2D69-4171-9FB9-C8F898DAE75C.jpeg
    94AD1313-2D69-4171-9FB9-C8F898DAE75C.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 95E3D782-BF61-47B1-9E67-4F2267AB1DB2.jpeg
    95E3D782-BF61-47B1-9E67-4F2267AB1DB2.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 118

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I see that’s not balding at all. Your corners don’t look thin. The small hairs there indicate just a loss of a juvenile hairline IMO. If you notice it getting worse I’d start treatment but as of now you’re good

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From what I see that’s not balding at all. Your corners don’t look thin. The small hairs there indicate just a loss of a juvenile hairline IMO. If you notice it getting worse I’d start treatment but as of now you’re good
It just looks so off to me, the right corner looks weird and uneven.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It just looks so off to me, the right corner looks weird and uneven.
Hairlines are rarely even from what I’ve seen. For example, I think the right temple usually goes back more for most men, even for non balding men

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairlines are rarely even from what I’ve seen. For example, I think the right temple usually goes back more for most men, even for non balding men
Really? The right side is known to go back more for men? Never knew that. My left side is Norwood 1 I would say and my right 1.5 it’s so weird it throws me off. The main reason im concerned is because ever since i moved in to my new place, i've been shedding more and notice a flaky crusty scalp, idk if its the water that is too harsh here or if shower water in general can cause thinning/loss.

Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That would definitely explain it. You probably had some degree of telogen effluvium if it came back without drugs. As of right now, I don’t see much going on in terms of active miniaturization except for a few hairs at the front. Your hairline is clearly defined and seems to have a more or less consistent density all the way across, which to me signifies stability. If you were to lose more though, I would definitely be concerned because it looks like it has already finished maturing. Any further back is headed to Norwood 3 territory,
what do you think of the newer pics i posted with better lighting? Does it look worse?

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much hairs are you shedding? If you rub your hands through hair or lightly pull does a bunch come out?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How much hairs are you shedding? If you rub your hands through hair or lightly pull does a bunch come out?
not sure, i honestly shed like 3-5 in the shower and if i rub my hand through my hair i usually just grab 1-2 . I notice if i tend to play with it a lot though it sheds more. I'm just scared because my dad and his dad both went bald, worried i might follow the same path.

Last edited:

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure, i honestly shed like 3-5 in the shower and if i rub my hand through my hair i usually just grab 1-2 . I notice if i tend to play with it a lot though it sheds more. I'm just scared because my dad and his dad both went bald, worried i might follow the same path.
It seems you have stabile shedding. If you hadn't one day started shedding lots of hairs its best you keep taking pics every 6 months. If you have hair loss its very slow and treatments will likely work. Aggressive hair loss doesn't come without massive shedding. Unless you can see a clear difference in the next 6 months or one day you start shedding much more than usual then it might be the time to visit a dermatologist. You can also take pics every 3 months or every month or even go to a dermatologist which can look at your hair with a microscope and capture a baseline.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It seems you have stabile shedding. If you hadn't one day started shedding lots of hairs its best you keep taking pics every 6 months. If you have hair loss its very slow and treatments will likely work. Aggressive hair loss doesn't come without massive shedding. Unless you can see a clear difference in the next 6 months or one day you start shedding much more than usual then it might be the time to visit a dermatologist. You can also take pics every 3 months or every month or even go to a dermatologist which can look at your hair with a microscope and capture a baseline.
is shedding short hairs a bad thing as well? I also feel shedding can't really tell you if your balding hence, people tend to shed 100 hairs a day apparently, i am nowhere near that mark in terms of shedding. What norwood would I be ?

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is shedding short hairs a bad thing as well?
No way to tell. What you can do is try to compare the thickness of the shafts near the bulb of the hairs you shed which should be telogen hairs if the bulb is pigmentless. You can actually pull out an anagen hair from your scalp, it should hurt a bit, that is how you know its an anagen hair. Then clear the skin or keratin debris at the base and you will see its pigmented all the way unlike with telogen hairs where the base and sometimes the beginning of the shaft is pigmentless. Maybe if there is a massive visual difference in different telogen hairs in the same light it might be miniaturization.

In theory way shorter hairs which you havent cut might be an indicator of a shortened anagen faze but no way to tell, pure speculation since there is no way to know when did their anagen start.

Last edited: