25 y/o; Curious where I am at, and where to go.

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a 25 y/o who can start to see some thinning at the crown and receding near the temples. My father is bald and had significant hair loss in his 20’s and decided to rock the bald look from there on. I never considered hair loss as an issue because I absolutely have my mom’s hair; very thick/lots of hair, wavy/curly. So, I want to post pictures to see where I am at in y’all’s opinion. What sort of lighting when I take the pictures, dry or wet hair?

Kieran843

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well since there is no photos nobody can help you.

If you care about your hair, Get on finasteride it will stop it getting worse and you will lose very little hair in the future.

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, obviously. Hence why I asked what sort of lighting to take pictures along with dry or wet hair. I don’t want to take pictures that would misrepresent my current stage.
Thank you

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, obviously. Hence why I asked what sort of lighting to take pictures along with dry or wet hair. I don’t want to take pictures that would misrepresent my current stage.
Thank you
Take all sorts of pictures tbh. Gives a better look at things. Wet/dry, flash,, no flash

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can take more later, but currently at work. My right side seems to be a bit more significant than the other. Any ideas as to why?

Attachments

• EFA3FFCC-7B8E-4755-A6F5-82A37DD78626.jpeg
    EFA3FFCC-7B8E-4755-A6F5-82A37DD78626.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 168
  • E0B2D818-F023-4D5E-947D-31DA07D1CED9.jpeg
    E0B2D818-F023-4D5E-947D-31DA07D1CED9.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 976FFBF2-FA58-437E-AA71-243694F2F7F2.jpeg
    976FFBF2-FA58-437E-AA71-243694F2F7F2.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 174

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I begin finasteride? If so, how much? I’ve always had a deeper hairline, so where I’m at doesn’t bother me at all. Plus, the way I normally styled my hair covers it if needed. I’ve also been blessed with thick hair, so I consider myself lucky. There is some thinning at the crown that I will show soon.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can take more later, but currently at work. My right side seems to be a bit more significant than the other. Any ideas as to why?
I agree with the difference in the right and left sides. When I started losing my hair it started on one side and not the other except mine was on the left.

The good news is that you have no significant thinning areas either. What is your family history of balding?

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the difference in the right and left sides. When I started losing my hair it started on one side and not the other except mine was on the left.

The good news is that you have no significant thinning areas either. What is your family history of balding?
Mom’s side, very little. Dad’s father wore a toupee and dad had significant hair loss around 26 and rocked the bald look at a very early age.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mom’s side, very little. Dad’s father wore a toupee and dad had significant hair loss around 26 and rocked the bald look at a very early age.
I'm in a similar boat as you. Although I'm 31 with some noticeable recession on my left temple. Still looks OK I guess but it bothers me. My mom's side had 0 balding, father started losing hair in 30s and by 40s was bald. I am on finasteride but honestly I think maybe you should just keep an eye on it before getting treatment or have a dermatologist look at it. I wouldn't ask anyone to take finasteride "just in case"

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well since there is no photos nobody can help you.

If you care about your hair, Get on finasteride it will stop it getting worse and you will lose very little hair in the future.
I was soo ready to go on finasteride until I learnt it can cause permanent boobs. Like if you're the 1 percent who gets that side effect, you're screwed as only way for it to go is surgery worth 10k or another pill that destroys your hair.

Not trying to put fear in others minds but definitely need to put this out there. It's worse than the sexual side effects imo, those are reversible sometimes, gyno is a lose lose situation

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was soo ready to go on finasteride until I learnt it can cause permanent boobs. Like if you're the 1 percent who gets that side effect, you're screwed as only way for it to go is surgery worth 10k or another pill that destroys your hair.

Not trying to put fear in others minds but definitely need to put this out there. It's worse than the sexual side effects imo, those are reversible sometimes, gyno is a lose lose situation
Yeah. I'm keeping am eye on it myself. Early signs of it are a hard lump developing under the nipples. Been checking daily. It's rare (1/1000) but I have a feeling swelling of the breast tissue is more common and is just as embarrassing. Best you can do is exercise I guess to lower body fat.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm keeping am eye on it myself. Early signs of it are a hard lump developing under the nipples. Been checking daily. It's rare (1/1000) but I have a feeling swelling of the breast tissue is more common and is just as embarrassing. Best you can do is exercise I guess to lower body fat.
Is swelling of the breast fixable without pills? Can finasteride cause swelling too?

To be honest I wouldn't care if my down below couldn't get up. I could live with that, if it doesn't cause other issues and it's non harmful I'd be fine. But gyno is the only thing lol, if you get it from finasteride I'm pretty sure surgery, going of finasteride, or taking another pill that almost always causes more hairloss is your only options. Apparently is is rare for it to go away even after you quit finasteride.. Best chances is to get an ultra sound or something as soon as you feel a bump.

Hope you don't get it, I hope I don't either, because it's basically a sign finasteride isn't for you I think? Scary as fk

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is swelling of the breast fixable without pills? Can finasteride cause swelling too?

To be honest I wouldn't care if my down below couldn't get up. I could live with that, if it doesn't cause other issues and it's non harmful I'd be fine. But gyno is the only thing lol, if you get it from finasteride I'm pretty sure surgery, going of finasteride, or taking another pill that almost always causes more hairloss is your only options. Apparently is is rare for it to go away even after you quit finasteride.. Best chances is to get an ultra sound or something as soon as you feel a bump.

Hope you don't get it, I hope I don't either, because it's basically a sign finasteride isn't for you I think? Scary as fk
Yeah if I do get it then I would probably get the surgery and unless I was sure it wouldn't happen again I would quit treatment. I think boobs is worse than bald.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah if I do get it then I would probably get the surgery and unless I was sure it wouldn't happen again I would quit treatment. I think boobs is worse than bald.
Is there anyway people can fund surgery's? My dad has operations and sometimes the hospital pays for it.. Idk how. But if someone cannot afford it, what happens? If it causes extreme pain or worse and they need the gyno source removed, not sure what will happen. It's so much money.

If you get it are you staying on finasteride if they tell you it's possible it is permanent? And just get surgery like you said.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I begin finasteride? If so, how much? I’ve always had a deeper hairline, so where I’m at doesn’t bother me at all. Plus, the way I normally styled my hair covers it if needed. I’ve also been blessed with thick hair, so I consider myself lucky. There is some thinning at the crown that I will show soon.

Your hair looks like a dense NW2, it may be a mature hairline due to this. You have some temple recession but your temple peaks are alright and you have uniform density at the hairline. I'd suggest getting a scalp biopsy if you can afford it to be sure. You might want to start hair loss prevention in case you keep receding (It's always easier to prevent than to treat damage) in that case I'd suggest 1 mg of finasteride thrice a week. You can check this two doctors' youtube channel for more info on this dosage if you want:

Kieran843

My Regimen
Reaction score

Bro I went from NW2 to norwood 3+ becuase I waited so long to get on finasteride due to fears of the side effects.

Got watery semen and ball ache for 4 weeks then they went away. I've been on it 2 years now and the only way I am getting my hair back now is through a transplant because I waited so long.

Look at my posts I posted photos. I wish I started it sooner. I regret it so f*****g much.

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks like a dense NW2, it may be a mature hairline due to this. You have some temple recession but your temple peaks are alright and you have uniform density at the hairline. I'd suggest getting a scalp biopsy if you can afford it to be sure. You might want to start hair loss prevention in case you keep receding (It's always easier to prevent than to treat damage) in that case I'd suggest 1 mg of finasteride thrice a week. You can check this two doctors' youtube channel for more info on this dosage if you want:
Here is a closer look. Definitely have some thinning going on, and more so to the right side than left. You think starting 1 mg off the bat would be ideal?

Attachments

• 91201C32-F9FF-4465-ACE1-25598AC2237B.jpeg
    91201C32-F9FF-4465-ACE1-25598AC2237B.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 093EAF13-4C3F-4513-A631-0CFBAFBF5458.jpeg
    093EAF13-4C3F-4513-A631-0CFBAFBF5458.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 98

dcchase

My Regimen
Reaction score
with the asymmetrical recession, we can officially rule out this being a matured hairline, correct?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a closer look. Definitely have some thinning going on, and more so to the right side than left. You think starting 1 mg off the bat would be ideal?

Yeah, I see the thinning at the front clearly now, thanks to your newer pictures. Might be wiser then to skip the scalp biopsy and just start finasteride. Regarding the dosage, I'd say it depends on how you feel about starting treatment. If you're sure and calm, start with 1 mg everyday if you want, otherwise I'd suggest 1 mg thrice a week, 0.5 mg thrice a week or 0.5 mg everyday. You can always titrate upwards and slowly up the dosage after two or three months. 1 mg everyday may be more than needed for some men and could make them more prone to side effects. Also way too many guys rush anxiously to 1 mg everyday in a shaky mental state or worried about side effects, give themselves nocebo effect and then have to stop treatment for many months. The mind is incredibly powerful, there have been cases reported of mass hysteria since the 1500s for example.