24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly you don't look bad in that picture. I think with more facial hair you'd look even better.

The problem with all of those is not enough research to prove efficacy and safety.

Topical dutasteride- found 1 very small study on mesotherapy with these injections about 3mm deep and it seemed great. But it isn't available in the USA. You may have to travel to Europe to try. I've seen too many anecdotes of topical dutasteride not working at all because it can't penatrate the skin well and reach the follicles.

RU58841 - mpmd uses it and swears by it but I've heard people used it and it didn't help much. Breezula (cb 03 01) is another topical that sounds like will be a total failure. My hope is on kintors products but those have a high chance of failing because they would be very dangerous once systemic. If they can get the high binding affinity of dht along with the drug breaking down once in the blood or staying local then you'd have a true alternative to finasteride.

Saw palmetto - unproven

Fluridil - too weak, just like cb0301.

Ketoconazole - unproven
Well if you plan on waiting for studies to come out then you'll be bald (or dead) by the time that they do lol. Propose a solution then get back to us.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you plan on waiting for studies to come out then you'll be bald (or dead) by the time that they do lol. Propose a solution then get back to us.
Bald? Maybe. Dead? I doubt it. I think I'll be alive by the time there are more fda approved treatment options. The market is just too big.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try oral? Honestly it’s not that hard to get it into a routine mate
well I can't even if I wanted to cause of the cats.
plus I'm worried of the possible side effects such as aging of the skin and hairiness, I'm hairy af as it is, my eyebrows have eyebrows and I have some hair strands growing on my ears, and hair all over my body and all kinds of crap, taking minoxidil will most likely make all that worse.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well I can't even if I wanted to cause of the cats.
plus I'm worried of the possible side effects such as aging of the skin and hairiness, I'm hairy af as it is, my eyebrows have eyebrows and I have some hair strands growing on my ears, and hair all over my body and all kinds of crap, taking minoxidil will most likely make all that worse.
How would your oral minoxidil affect the cats? But yeah I get the other concerns haha

Last edited:

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would your oral minoxidil affect the cats? But yeah I get the other concerns haha
oral won't, but not sure where to get oral anyway, I can't get it in my country.

by the way, do you use minoxidil the same day you needle?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so basically you give your scalp a day after a needling session before you apply minoxidil?
yeah but sometimes ill needle in the evening in which case i apply minoxidil in the morning but do not apply minoxidil in the evening

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn dude. Your hairline is better than mine now. Hopefully I get results half as good as this. This Wednesday is the consultation with the endocrinologist. Gonna ask for a massive endocrine baseline recommended by mpmd. May cost me 1000...
with diffuse thinning you have a good chance man.