[24m] High Dht Levels Scalp Inflammation

True You!

My Regimen
Reaction score
So after about 2 years of experiencing an insanely painful red scalp, I haven't lost too much ground. I'm not currently on any medication but I have in the past tried saw palmetto and a handful of other natural pills and vitamins that probably did nothing but hurt my wallet... I've never taken any of the big 3, except keto for dandruff.

With all that being said, I still have a very painful red itchy, just downright awful feeling scalp situation. The pain and itch comes and goes but my scalp is almost always redder than it should be if it was normal.

I had my DHT levels checked about a year ago iirc. They were within the "normal" range but on the upper end, nearly out of range. So I do have higher than average DHT. I'm seriously contemplating taking finasteride for the scalp pain and inflammation.

Has anyone taken finasteride and saw a reduction in scalp inflammation, itch, and pain? My main concern with taking this pill is sperm motility. I don't want this to effect my ability to have kids one day. I'm also concerned about the other sexual side effects but less so because I already have a sex drive that is through the roof. I'm talking masturbating up to ten times a day easily. I'm just mainly concerned about watery sperm and reducing my fertility.

Please if anyone has any experience with something similar to what I mentioned here let me know. Thanks guys!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I do have an incredibly oily scalp and I get very bad dandruff at times. I also get scalp pimples too
Hey Stump, Have you ever tried any natural products? 2 years ago my daughters were giving me crap cause my hair was thinning. My wife was already trying to find a product that helps with hair breakage cause her and my daughters all have problems with tangling and my oldest has thinning hair along her hair line. My wife did so much research to find out why none of these products work. Through her research she found important ingredients that were all natural, and scientifically stimulates hair growth. It is also Anti-dandruff. So she created a formula and we put it to the test, AND IT WORKED! This stuff works stump, no joke. And is all natural. My before and after pictures are on the website. check it out. trueyouinfusion.com. Please check the website out if you are interested. We will send you samples if you want. If you have any questions give me a buzz. My name is Justin. My number is 9168049674. I hope to speak with you.

Sweet Seventeen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that finasteride caused this for you. I'm wondering if it could make mine worse. Any ideas on how to heal an injured inflamed scalp?
First of all, spend a month of two where you wash your hair maybe once every 3-4 days. This will lower the sebum production. If you continue to wash it every day, your body will respond by producing like crazy.
In addition, I strongly recommend you not taking finasteride. It's a dangerous drug that only got approved because of greed and desperacy. We don't know exactly what it does, but that it has a lot of different side effects; some really nasty ones. I believe everyone experience side effects, but on a different level - some not "noticable" on the outside... But is still makes people more woman than they were intended to. Those who recommend it to everybody doesn't know what they're really saying. So if you're not even loosing significant amounts of hair, don't bother taking it. It's an evil cycle. Just get out of this forum and grab my tips: Exercise and healthy diet does wonders. And be aware of your washing routines.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, spend a month of two where you wash your hair maybe once every 3-4 days. This will lower the sebum production. If you continue to wash it every day, your body will respond by producing like crazy.
In addition, I strongly recommend you not taking finasteride. It's a dangerous drug that only got approved because of greed and desperacy. We don't know exactly what it does, but that it has a lot of different side effects; some really nasty ones. I believe everyone experience side effects, but on a different level - some not "noticable" on the outside... But is still makes people more woman than they were intended to. Those who recommend it to everybody doesn't know what they're really saying. So if you're not even loosing significant amounts of hair, don't bother taking it. It's an evil cycle. Just get out of this forum and grab my tips: Exercise and healthy diet does wonders. And be aware of your washing routines.

Hey yeah I've tried the no washing method. I've tried only rinsing with water. I'm not sure if maybe I just didn't do it long enough but it wasn't really helping much. I now wash everyday with free and clear brand shampoo and conditioner since it's really mild. I sometimes use nizoral, like maybe once a week or so but it's kinda harsh.. I guess I could try not washing so often again but my hair gets so greasy and bad looking when I do that. It also hurts way more as well

abcdefg

Reaction score
If your losing hair then take the finasteride because its kind of all there is. DHT might trigger increased sebum production which leads to the inflammation that a lot of guys with male pattern baldness tend to have.
Its probably the immune system, but we dont know yet how any of that works. I think sebum is related to androgens. Maybe its not completely androgen driven but partly

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your losing hair then take the finasteride because its kind of all there is. DHT might trigger increased sebum production which leads to the inflammation that a lot of guys with male pattern baldness tend to have.
Its probably the immune system, but we dont know yet how any of that works. I think sebum is related to androgens. Maybe its not completely androgen driven but partly

how the f*** have you not got bored of this place after 12 years man lol

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been reading up about this stuff mate. has been talked about a lot over the years in forums.

but generally regarded as a bad idea to use long term as it thins the skin

how long do you plan to use it for?

I use it for a week then stop for a week, repeat. No sides whatsoever in 7 months and my derm says hydrocortisone is very weak and is nearly impossible to thin the skin outside of the face or armpits.