[24m] High Dht Levels Scalp Inflammation

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can it be in my head when I have bumps and dandruff in the regions associated with the pain and itch? Also how can it be that once I wash my scalp it usually calms it down? I think it has to do with over production of sebum, which makes my scalp have a lot of bacteria on it

I was being sarcastic. I have INSANE scalp inflammation. It all started when I used finasteride. I was being sarcastic because every time I talk about it on here, most posters tell me it's in my head. f*****g bullshit.

Lets put it this way...

injury = inflammation.

when I had leg surgery, I had crawling and burning at the site of operation.

The SAME exact feeling I have now in my scalp after attempting finasteride over a year ago.

Your scalp is injured.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Op, finasteride took care of my oily *** forehead, it also took care of most facial pimples but especially the ones on my hairline and forehead.

The pains I had on my head prior to getting on finasteride was as if the crown of my head was sore, like something was pulling up against my crown all day when it wasn't.

If you're willing to take finasteride, this may solve a lot of the problems you inquired on.

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read the first post and dude you got to stop jerking your weiner so much, conflicting opinions but people do say that excessive spunking can aggravate hair loss.

High sex drive and high DHT suggests hormonal imbalance, if its causing your hair to fall, inflammation and scalp pain, there must be some correlation between your strong arm and the symptoms you are describing.

If you are using minoxidil, it might also be that?

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
Read the first post and dude you got to stop jerking your weiner so much, conflicting opinions but people do say that excessive spunking can aggravate hair loss.

High sex drive and high DHT suggests hormonal imbalance, if its causing your hair to fall, inflammation and scalp pain, there must be some correlation between your strong arm and the symptoms you are describing.

If you are using minoxidil, it might also be that?

I'm gonna make a conscious effect this time to stop! I haven't yet today lol I've never taken minoxidil. My hairloss isn't even bad, I've been like a NW1.5 since April 2015 though it has changed a bit since then. No crown loss.

and his name is 'stump'.
must have tiny hands

I lol'd. I have the yoogest hands.

Op, finasteride took care of my oily *** forehead, it also took care of most facial pimples but especially the ones on my hairline and forehead.

The pains I had on my head prior to getting on finasteride was as if the crown of my head was sore, like something was pulling up against my crown all day when it wasn't.

If you're willing to take finasteride, this may solve a lot of the problems you inquired on.

What you said about the crown feeling as if it's being pulled on is exactly what I'm experiencing. How long were you on finasteride before you saw improvement? Any side effects?

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. I have INSANE scalp inflammation. It all started when I used finasteride. I was being sarcastic because every time I talk about it on here, most posters tell me it's in my head. f*****g bullshit.

Lets put it this way...

injury = inflammation.

when I had leg surgery, I had crawling and burning at the site of operation.

The SAME exact feeling I have now in my scalp after attempting finasteride over a year ago.

Your scalp is injured.

Interesting that finasteride caused this for you. I'm wondering if it could make mine worse. Any ideas on how to heal an injured inflamed scalp?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after about 2 years of experiencing an insanely painful red scalp, I haven't lost too much ground. I'm not currently on any medication but I have in the past tried saw palmetto and a handful of other natural pills and vitamins that probably did nothing but hurt my wallet... I've never taken any of the big 3, except keto for dandruff.

With all that being said, I still have a very painful red itchy, just downright awful feeling scalp situation. The pain and itch comes and goes but my scalp is almost always redder than it should be if it was normal.

I had my DHT levels checked about a year ago iirc. They were within the "normal" range but on the upper end, nearly out of range. So I do have higher than average DHT. I'm seriously contemplating taking finasteride for the scalp pain and inflammation.

Has anyone taken finasteride and saw a reduction in scalp inflammation, itch, and pain? My main concern with taking this pill is sperm motility. I don't want this to effect my ability to have kids one day. I'm also concerned about the other sexual side effects but less so because I already have a sex drive that is through the roof. I'm talking masturbating up to ten times a day easily. I'm just mainly concerned about watery sperm and reducing my fertility.

Please if anyone has any experience with something similar to what I mentioned here let me know. Thanks guys!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I do have an incredibly oily scalp and I get very bad dandruff at times. I also get scalp pimples too

I think @Dench57 had better luck with dutasteride for scalp..not sure though.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inflammation is not a real thing. Your body eliciting an immune response to an injury is as much of a myth as climate change, or evolution. Ask any derm and they will tell you that the itching, burning, crawling is all in your head. We know this from senior members such as @WhitePolarBear and @shookwun.
Well, itching and pain are signals sent from the nervous system to the brain, so it's technically in his head indeed

Sweet Seventeen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I started loosing hair diffusely as retrograde alopecia nw10 at 16. :) Hahah!
However, what keeps upsetting me is this inflammation; the itching and the pain.
During these two years I have experienced two things that work. 1) Wash your hair, 2) exercise. Number two most important. It's crazy. After exercise I barely feel any pain, and my scalp feels 100 times better. I remember a few weeks in 2016 I ate healthy and exercised regurarly. I swear to God, it had an impact on everything. Hairloss and inflammation. It got to the point where I started doubting my male pattern baldness. However, I stopped because of school, and now I'm sh*t. :)
But seriously, give it a try. Eat healthy: eggs, fish, milk, vegetables and exercise. I swear it helps.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I started loosing hair diffusely as retrograde alopecia nw10 at 16. :) Hahah!
However, what keeps upsetting me is this inflammation; the itching and the pain.
During these two years I have experienced two things that work. 1) Wash your hair, 2) exercise. Number two most important. It's crazy. After exercise I barely feel any pain, and my scalp feels 100 times better. I remember a few weeks in 2016 I ate healthy and exercised regurarly. I swear to God, it had an impact on everything. Hairloss and inflammation. It got to the point where I started doubting my male pattern baldness. However, I stopped because of school, and now I'm sh*t. :)
But seriously, give it a try. Eat healthy: eggs, fish, milk, vegetables and exercise. I swear it helps.
Wait, what the f*** does "i stopped exercising because of school mean" ? Do you stay there for 16 hours a day, lol

g.i joey

Reaction score
What you said about the crown feeling as if it's being pulled on is exactly what I'm experiencing. How long were you on finasteride before you saw improvement? Any side effects?

Hey man, i hated it, i wish i wouldve known what it was when i was 18, wouldve saved me ALOOTTT of lost hair lol. Honestly within days my oily head problem resolved itself, if i miss more than 2 days of finasteride i definitely feel my head getting oily again. Im approaching very close to 11 months at this point and the only improvement ive had is im not losing hair like before, feels like ill only be maintaining what i have, but im remaining optimistic about it as ive spoke to many members who only noticed aesthetic improvements AFTER their first year. So far on this run on finasteride i can safely say ive had NO side effects, and if i did, definitely nothing that ive actually noticed. Its definitely worth a try, yes, you can be unlucky and experience sides, but you are very more likely to be lucky and just reap the benefits of the drug, either way, in 99% of cases simply quitting the drug will get rid of any sides youve experienced.

Sweet Seventeen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, what the f*** does "i stopped exercising because of school mean" ? Do you stay there for 16 hours a day, lol
Partly because I'm lazy, and partly because my school does take a lot of time. Usually I leave home 7.00 and return at 20.00. It's music school, and in my country that means normal school and music added on top of that. But that's not the point. :)

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, i hated it, i wish i wouldve known what it was when i was 18, wouldve saved me ALOOTTT of lost hair lol. Honestly within days my oily head problem resolved itself, if i miss more than 2 days of finasteride i definitely feel my head getting oily again. Im approaching very close to 11 months at this point and the only improvement ive had is im not losing hair like before, feels like ill only be maintaining what i have, but im remaining optimistic about it as ive spoke to many members who only noticed aesthetic improvements AFTER their first year. So far on this run on finasteride i can safely say ive had NO side effects, and if i did, definitely nothing that ive actually noticed. Its definitely worth a try, yes, you can be unlucky and experience sides, but you are very more likely to be lucky and just reap the benefits of the drug, either way, in 99% of cases simply quitting the drug will get rid of any sides youve experienced.

When I asked about improvement, I meant in pain, inflammation, excess sebum, dandruff, scalp acne, etc. So you're saying within days of taking finasteride the pain subsided? Also I'm curious in if you're able to go longer without washing your hair now. If I go longer than just one day, my scalp becomes unbearably painful and oily. Thanks

g.i joey

Reaction score
When I asked about improvement, I meant in pain, inflammation, excess sebum, dandruff, scalp acne, etc. So you're saying within days of taking finasteride the pain subsided? Also I'm curious in if you're able to go longer without washing your hair now. If I go longer than just one day, my scalp becomes unbearably painful and oily. Thanks

My bad, yeah actually within days the oily skin was taken care of, the pain and inflammation went shortly after. Before finasteride my crown always had a sort of "bruised" feeling and I don't feel that whatsoever anymore.

In regards to washing my hair unfortunately that hasn't changed, mostly because my hair looks best after a wash and shampoo, I've been washing my hair 1-2x a day way before I noticed my male pattern baldness and still do to this day.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
My bad, yeah actually within days the oily skin was taken care of, the pain and inflammation went shortly after. Before finasteride my crown always had a sort of "bruised" feeling and I don't feel that whatsoever anymore.

In regards to washing my hair unfortunately that hasn't changed, mostly because my hair looks best after a wash and shampoo, I've been washing my hair 1-2x a day way before I noticed my male pattern baldness and still do to this day.

Word, sounds promising... I've actually been sitting on a bottle of 30 pills of finasteride for like a year now but I haven't taken them... I really don't have noticeable hair loss at all so I'd really only be taking finasteride to see if that "bruised" feeling goes away. I remember before I turned 22 that I was able to go days without washing my hair without being overly oily or painful. Zero dandruff too and I used to use crazy bad shampoos that contained sulfates and phosphates and all that crap.

Also, no one has brought this up yet but in my first post I wrote about my concerns regarding watery semen and sperm motility being reduced and causing infertility. Any one have any insights to those concerns?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, no one has brought this up yet but in my first post I wrote about my concerns regarding watery semen and sperm motility being reduced and causing infertility. Any one have any insights to those concerns?

im surprised you got any sperm left mate

:D

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, itching and pain are signals sent from the nervous system to the brain, so it's technically in his head indeed

very helpful :p

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
very helpful :p

I am just curious did Benadryl ever help? If not--its definitely not an allergy.

I once had an acute allergy to pennecilum that was like all my nerves were on fire, burning under skin like fire ants--not even kidding I was hysterical crying in shower trying to find relief..I called a clinic or pharmacy, I think I cant remember but i called 'someone' for help they told me to take beneadryl...and it helped..So i think B would knock it out IF it was an allergy.

I know its not but it can put the nay-sayers to rest.