24 years old starting finasteride - my story

Heyman

Reaction score
Update again - now on finasteride for about 10 months. I still use 0.25 mg per day and nizoral now about twice a week - I skipped a few days here and there, but thats basically it. I don't think I got any major regrowth or hair loss. I don't think I lost any remarkeable hair before starting my treatment, therefore no remarkeable regrowth to be expected. What was never there can't grow back, my hairline looks maybe the same as it did when I was 18... Lookin at my brother, it seems like hes losing hair now on the front while I don't, so it seems like I stopped it early at the very first signs and at the right time.

Regarding sides, - my libido is the same it always was as far as I can tell. My erectile function is certainly perfect, considering I can keep my raging boner even if sex lasts for an hour or so.

I can confirm 1 thing for certain: If people use finasteride and have no side-effects or problems, they don't post on forums. Therefore most opinions you read online are of people who have some kind of problems, its no balanced sample. I look at the forums every few months to see if something new (CB 03 01) came out or to update this thread because I commited myself to this before I started - otherwise you wouldn't hear from me anymore, since this is not an issue in my life anymore, I move on. I will keep this thread updated but can assure you based on personal experience: The people for whom finasteride works who have no sides, lose interest in the topic and move on with their lifes and likely don't post on forums anymore, at least not frequently.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
cool man . you just had recede hairline ? fina maitained your hairline and crown ? you get regrowth ?

Heyman

Reaction score
I catched it right when it started, so my hairline is fine and maintained, there was not much to regrow because I didn't lose much to begin with.

Heyman

Reaction score
Just wanted to do a quick update, now it is about 7 years since I first started. Still no sides to report. Can confirm that people who have no issues move on with life and won't linger on forums which to me is likely a reason that side effects on the internet might appear to be more frequent than they actually are. I don't think I lost any hair.