24, do I have male pattern baldness? What Norwood scale am I?

Balding21help

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have wrote numerous threads on this website over the last 4 years, I have recently turned 24, I would like opinions on my hairline and the best action to take place.
I am strongly considering a hair transplant thank you

Attachments

• E413CFCF-7669-40FD-814F-C441301C58FF.jpeg
    E413CFCF-7669-40FD-814F-C441301C58FF.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 65B53AA7-E7D5-4F83-8E16-574E389A8179.jpeg
    65B53AA7-E7D5-4F83-8E16-574E389A8179.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 4C34C868-2FD7-4435-B4A8-0993E7D47372.jpeg
    4C34C868-2FD7-4435-B4A8-0993E7D47372.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 195
  • B35DCDC1-E310-4904-8B41-23983F2CAB6B.jpeg
    B35DCDC1-E310-4904-8B41-23983F2CAB6B.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 182

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like a strong hairline to me, there seems to be some temple loss but it is minimal, and I agree with the mature hairline comments. I'd consider a hair transplant a waste of money and donor hair, since I don't think it is necessary at all in your situation, and would just go for a different hairstyle instead of the totally slicked back style you have now if I was very bothered by the temple loss. If you get a transplant at your age and current situation, you may have to get many more hair transplants down the line if you end up losing more hair, and may run out of donor hair too.

I would suggest checking your family history if you haven't already, getting blood work done and considering hopping on finasteride three times a week for hair loss prevention if baldness runs in your family and the blood work results are normal.

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dang,your hairline looks like mine. Yes, you are starting to bald,but at 24 your hairline is not bad at all. You are norwood 1.5

Balding21help

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like a strong hairline to me, there seems to be some temple loss but it is minimal, and I agree with the mature hairline comments. I'd consider a hair transplant a waste of money and donor hair, since I don't think it is necessary at all in your situation, and would just go for a different hairstyle instead of the totally slicked back style you have now if I was very bothered by the temple loss. If you get a transplant at your age and current situation, you may have to get many more hair transplants down the line if you end up losing more hair, and may run out of donor hair too.

I would suggest checking your family history if you haven't already, getting blood work done and considering hopping on finasteride three times a week for hair loss prevention if baldness runs in your family and the blood work results are normal.
Hi thanks for your comments, my dad went Bald in his 30s which I don’t mind
Just don’t wanna be bald in my 30s

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your comments, my dad went Bald in his 30s which I don’t mind
Just don’t wanna be bald in my 30s
Oh, I understand your concern then. Hair loss prevention is important. There is also the option of getting a scalp biopsy to see if you're balding or not, if that is an option in your country.

Balding21help

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I understand your concern then. Hair loss prevention is important. There is also the option of getting a scalp biopsy to see if you're balding or not, if that is an option in your country.
I will look into this,my above message should say don’t wanna be bald in my 20s

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will look into this,my above message should say don’t wanna be bald in my 20s
Well if you do get diagnosed for hair loss and hop on a low or customized fose of finasteride for prevention I don't think you will go bald till your early or mid thirties at least. Finasteride stops hair loss altogether for five years for most men, and after that it tends to stop it altogether for two thirds of them (62%).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Well if you do get diagnosed for hair loss and hop on a low or customized fose of finasteride for prevention I don't think you will go bald till your early or mid thirties at least. Finasteride stops hair loss altogether for five years for most men, and after that it tends to stop it altogether for two thirds of them (62%).
You really think it stops it? I am more on the theory it slows it down. I wish it stopped it.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really think it stops it? I am more on the theory it slows it down. I wish it stopped it.
I also think it is more of a treatment than a cure, but the studies show that for most men it tends to stop hair loss for five years at least. And cases such as the dutasteride twins show how important prevention is and how much of a difference it can make. Realistically I think that if your hair loss genetics aren't aggressive, you start prevention early and don't get side effects down the line you can hold onto your hair for 6 or 7 years minimum, at which point you may only need one or two hair transplants till your forties. In fact I think this is what many Hollywood stars, athletes and the like do, it's no coincidence you see so many eternal receders/diffusers in the space (Conan O'Brien, Tom Hardy, etc)

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have wrote numerous threads on this website over the last 4 years, I have recently turned 24, I would like opinions on my hairline and the best action to take place.
I am strongly considering a hair transplant thank you
If you don'tknow it, hard to tell to anyone here for a couple of photos. Is your father bald ?You know, it is genetic.