23 year old yet-to-be-wearer looking for some answers :)

Keepingupwithmyhair

Reaction score
Hey sincere Community,

I´ve been lurking on the Forum for quiet some time now and I´m about to purchase a hair system. I´ve already researched a lot and found answers to many, but not to all of my questions, so i hope you are kind enough to answer some of them, eventhough they might be repetitive :) Thanks already!

So, at first, my current siuation: I´m 23 years old and attending university at the moment. My hairloss started when i was about 20 and has gotten worse ever since. Tried Propecia, Dutasteride, Regaine, Ket shampoo and some other stuff you guys propably have all been through. Maybe it slowed the process down a bit, but atm I´m looking at a nw2.5-3 i guess and the top is thinning out at the speed of light :D
As im still this young and was always pretty proud of my hair, it hurts quiet a lot seeing it go away at this rate, so i´ve come to the decision i want a hair system for myself! I´m not afraid of wearing one, as im pretty self confident (yes, if I´m that self confident, why don´t i just rock shave-it-all-off-style? Simply because i don´t want to/dont have a nice beard to cover up the missing hair on top with it haha). But i think I´m gonna be fine telling people that i wear a system, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Now for the questions:

1. Which Lace i should get. I know there are a million one and i´ve already sorted most of it out. I think i want to expose hairline (I´m opting for slightly combed back, but not wet look (think I´m going to attach a picture of me with decent hair, and the style i want to accomplish). But also it would be nice getting about 6 months out of my system, as im not that rich as a student. So which lace would you go for (Swiss/French) or something completly different?

Also I´m going to the gym at a regular basis (2-3 times a week), so there is medium sweating involved, plus going skiing about twice a month (which includes wearing a helmet). But as i read, that shouldn´t be much of a problem. I´m also not that into swimming. Plus for density i guess medium / medium light should be ok, considering my age? As i said, i don´t mind if people I know notice my hair „magically“ got fuller, as i have no problem being confronted with questions.

2. I wanted to get some tips on the products i should buy! I´m really unsure about just about everything, from removing (99% alcohol?), cleaning (no idea), applying (superstrong tape + some glue for the front, which do you recommend?) and last but not least maintainance (condishoner and stuff) .You could also link me some threads, i will read them, maybe I´m just to stupid to find them!

3. Another product-related problem: Styling. I know there shouldn´t be alcohol involved! As for now im using hairspray, maybe you got a good non alcoholic replacement (hair-spray wise?) Also open for any other tip, it should just be at least medium strong, I guess.

4. Is it easy to make a template myself? I´m not sure if I can pull it of right! Is it better to make it a little big bigger, when I´m not sure if i cover the right area on the back of my head + it seems hard if i still have hair on my head, as i dont exactly know where the good and the bad part is haha

5. Which shop do you use to order your system? Northwest and the other big names seem the best for my first system i guess. If you can´t or mustn´t answer here (don´t know the exact rules on this topic) just write me a pm with some experencies you had with those or you recommend, good cumstomer service / communication is a big plus as its my first order! :)

And for the last one, i live in Hamburg, Germany and I´m absolutely not sure where to get my cut-in, so if anyone from Hamburg accidentally reads this, hit me up!

I know those are many questions to ask and i totally unterstand anyone who doesnt have the time or doesn´t feel like answering the same questions over and over again. But I´m really greatful for every single answer as you really help progress my situation!

Thanks already and I hope my english was/is decent enough to at least make my points clear!

Greetings from Germany and with the best regards,

Timo!

P.S.: On the second photo im the second guy from the right and sorry I´ve never been much into taking pictures of myself

1069919_10152057577234535_605037463_n.jpg11949729_10204638236787071_187805761_n.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
Im confused. U have a full head of hair?

- - - Updated - - -

Im confused. U have a full head of hair?

Are you not comfortable with having a high hairline?

Keepingupwithmyhair

Reaction score
Oh sorry, maybe was a bit of a bad formulation, everything is thinned out pretty much. But I´m not sure where to draw the line without shaving it all off, in order to really "see" the line. Have my hair a bit longer about ~4cm sides and 7cm on top to cover a bit up. Which is slowly starting to look bad haha. Can take a closeup picture of my hairline or whatever you want to see, if i only had a high hairline i wouldnt be going for a system i guess.

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
you sure you have the right pictures...? all i see is a full head of hair, having i high hairline is perfectly normal at 23.

Keepingupwithmyhair

Reaction score
As i said in the text, those are old photos of mine, and thats the style i want to reaccomplish. Everyone complains about people not attaching photos and now you´re complaining about my attached ones :D

Well here are some with my current state, its thin like the front all over the top. Hope you all are satisfied now and im sorry that I´m not yet completely bald :D I really put effort into my text and would be really grateful for some input. Believe me i wouldn´t be here if there wasn´t a reason for it.One.jpgTWO.jpg

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Timo, welcome

I am afraid I am going to give you the same advice as the others have implicitly given you. You have a ton of hair there. You are about Norwood minus 5. Most of the guys on this board would swap their right testicle to have that much hair. You would be mad to think of messing around with hair systems at this stage in your life, and you could not realistically expect a better result than what you already have. This is not a case of baldness, but of body dysmorphia - you have a completely unrealistic and pessimistic view of what your hair looks like.

I hope this doesn't appear rude or patronising. Honestly, it is said in your best interests.

Noah

Keepingupwithmyhair

Reaction score
Yes it does very much, I´m not the least pessimistic about my looks, but if you can judge the state of my hair from looking at pictures, then do so. If i didn´t attach those pictures, maybe i would have gotten the advice i needed, but nonetheless thank you i guess, in order to keep it polite. Just sayin that i posted this exact same thread on some other forums and people there at least tried to answer my questions without even thinking about questioning my state of hair.

Best regards

If someone still feels like answering any of my questions, or has constructive input, I´m looking forward to it :)

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly man, I agree with Noah.
Your hair is in good shape, you shouldn't worry.
Instead of spending time on this forum maybe go see a psychologist and work out the BDD issues.

shookwun

Reaction score
Show the photos where your hair is thinning.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no need to be rude, especially when people are trying to be helpful. We can't perceive what isn't there to be seen. Post better pictures: close-up ones in good lighting.

At most, you'd be looking for a partial front hair piece if your hairline gets too bad.

Keepingupwithmyhair

Reaction score
To say someone shouldn´t waste time on a forum and should visit a psychiatrist instead, seems a little more rude than recapping things. But maybe it´s just me. Going to get my hair cut later on and post more pictures. Thanks Giiizmo for the Input, appreciate it!

Noah

Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way Timo; I believe everyone was giving you their opinion in good faith. I know I was.

If nevertheless you are determined that hair replacement is what you want to do, I think the best way forward would be a system which lowers your hairline, while leaving intact the hair you have. Have a look at this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3_djdio9c

Does that seem like a solution that would work for you? The work in that video is a bit messy, and it is not a good example of how to fit a system, but hopefully it conveys the concept. This is the same idea, although not as explicit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw-qRVlMVQ

D

DBW

Questions

Hi all,

Sorry for hijacking this thread but unfortunately HairLossTalk.com won't let me create my own one as I literally joined today! UK 20 years old, heavily diffused NW6 (I am for all intents and purposes bald) and after battling with hair-related depression (+a ton of other issues as well) have decided to get a piece. I know a lot of these questions have probably been asked before, so again apologies, but I would really appreciate it if you (and others) wouldn't mind giving me some more information. Thank you:

- Firstly, how 'undetectable' are they? I read somewhere that lace pieces if attached with glue are virtually undetectable even to touch. Is this 100% for real? And how undetectable is 'virtually'? Assuming I'm out at a bar and bring a girl back for a one-night-stand is she going to know its a piece (that's basically my main concern - I'd be 100% happy, indeed would not for a moment think otherwise, about disclosing my piece-wearing to a serious girlfriend, but yeah, if I want to (try! Haha) and hook up with a girl for a short-term thing only, casual sex etc. Am I going to be found out? (Obviously, I'm hoping not!)) (P.S. I'm guessing the most undetectable system is a combination of thin lace + v strong glue? Or UTS? I think I've read somewhere that this is even more undetectable than lace...?)
-Where are the best online sites for buying a high quality undetectable wigs (I'm thinking I'll want a very very thin lace one, though I obviously don't know a whole lot about it all) at a reasonable price? My budget is probably between £500-£1000 a year but yeah, cheap and high quality is what I'm looking for!I'
- Have you any recommendations for fitting the piece myself? Do you know where I can find out how to do it? Is it especially hard?
I think that's pretty much the main ones. I'm particularly concerned about the detectablity. I'm very comfortable with wearing one, indeed, I'm really hoping that they're as good as I've heard because if that's the case then it would, well, change my life, but yeah, I just want to know if you can have sex with pretty girls and (barring some extremely bad luck) not get found out :p
Thanks so much in advance, all info is appreciated,
DBW :)

P.S. Sorry for spamming this same message across multiple threads, I just really need some answers ASAP. Thanks :)

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They can be extremely undetectable if done correctly, but equally not if hashed. As you will know its about having the mentality to do it, the knowledge and a helpful supplier that can work with you.

The most undetectable is UTS - its practically invisible to sight and touch. I have tried it myself and its pretty darn good. That said you need the right density, colour, graduation and cut in.

A girl in a bar will not detect UTS (or thin lace for that matter).

I think many would say start with a thin lace piece and learn the basics of on, off, clean.

I usually get by on £500 a year and Im happy with my unit.

In UK
Ukhairsystems
Men Hair to go
Hair4all

In USA
NorthWest
Toplace
Hollywood lace

Plenty of videos on Youtube to help.

ps they are good :)