22 Years Old. Just Hopped On finasteride 3 Months Ago. Is There Any Improvement? (diffuse Thinner)

marc726

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I know its bad and I'm late AF starting but I want to do my best to reverse what I can.

I did my best to reproduce the light and position as well for best accuracy. Edit: also I shaved it best I could to get the same length.

I also understand it only three months but i just want opinions as of now.

Let me know what you guys think please. Don't be too harsh! (1st pic is day 1)

Regimen is,

• 5% minoxidil foam 2x a day
  • 1.0mg Finasteride 1x a day
  • 5,000 mcg Biotin 1x a day
  • Nizoral 1% 2x a week

Attachments

• day 1.JPG
    day 1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 415
  • 3monthsin.JPG
    3monthsin.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 393

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so mate, 3 months is too early anyway

Your regiment is classic and the only proved

Keep it going and calm down since you're already doing anything you can

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cant tell, prehaps you are maintaining because it doesnt look any worse. You may still regrow yet but dont expect any miracles, at this stage only a hair transplant will save you now

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know what everyone else is looking at but as a diffuse thinner myself I see a ton of improvement. Might want to consider a dermaroller for the back though, it's lagging behind the rest.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know what everyone else is looking at but as a diffuse thinner myself I see a ton of improvement. Might want to consider a dermaroller for the back though, it's lagging behind the rest.
I stand mistaken, the hair at the back looks darker with new hairs. Dermaroller would help alot for sure.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I can see a ring of hair around your hairline getting thicker, keep it up, I think things will get a fair bit better for you because you are young.

marc726

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so mate, 3 months is too early anyway

Your regiment is classic and the only proved

Keep it going and calm down since you're already doing anything you can

I'm calm I swear! haha but in all seriousness i'm just anxious to see how this does.

It's still early at 3 months but I do see improvement. Keep at it but don't expect any miracles.

I don't expect a full head with just meds of course but any recovery is welcome. I feel like such an idiot for not getting on meds earlier. I was in denial hidden behind my toppiks.

Cant tell, prehaps you are maintaining because it doesnt look any worse. You may still regrow yet but dont expect any miracles, at this stage only a hair transplant will save you now

Hopefully I can get some regrowth. Hair transplant is a possibility except that I'm thin on my sides and back :(

I was thinking about Demastamping to avoid scars. .5mm for deeper penetration of minoxidil and 1.5mm once a week with no minoxidil.

To me the hair looks darker and tad bit more density. You having any sides?

Thanks! A little bias because it's my head but I don't care haha. First couple weeks I had no morning wood which I was fine with then it came back after a month :mad:. Libido and all felt indifferent.

Pretty sure I can see a ring of hair around your hairline getting thicker, keep it up, I think things will get a fair bit better for you because you are young.

Hopefully. I have hopes but I also wanna get on Seti and PGE2 to help with creating new hairs. Also Dutas if finasteride doesn't help after a year.

Looks like it to me...

Thanks for the input! I love hearing that. Totally not bias :p