22 and balding whilst on a strong routine, losing all hope now. (Comprehensive overview of my progression in photos)

Prayformyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sticking with the proven treatments over the long term is definitely the way to go. Taking advice about experimental treatments from chaotic edgelords is unlikely to end well.
Yeah i won't be stoppingn anything im currently doing atm. Im wondering about topical dutasteride once weekly at 0.05% just at the hairline

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
really hoped eucapil would be the last thing i needed to include in my stack. Any reason as to why microneedling and min right after didn't help me in the slightest? Makes no sense. Im going to a trichologist next week
Because your hair loss is aggressive and minoxidil does not address the androgenic/hormonal component of hair loss.

Reactions: 300

Prayformyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral finasteride is the more reliable option. But why not add some dutasteride shots if you have the option to? I don't see how it could hurt.
reckon this could help quite a bit? tbh, at this stage im content with my diffused mid and vertex they seem to be relatively stable. I just want the minatursiation at my hairline to stop. I wonder if topical dutasteride at 0.05% 1x weekly or dutasteride mesotheraphy just at the hairline would really be enough to halt further loss

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Genuinely isn't funny in the slightest when you're severely depressed about your hair loss.
Don't let it ruin your life. It's not worth it. If you let people judge you by the amount of hair on your head instead of what comes out of your mouth, you have a damaging limiting belief. I would be severely depressed if I could not walk, talk, see or hear. You can do all those things. Don't let your youth be ruined by depression. Focus on other things you like about yourself besides how much hair you have. Or focus on other things you can control. Just use the big 3 and hope for the best.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
reckon this could help quite a bit? tbh, at this stage im content with my diffused mid and vertex they seem to be relatively stable. I just want the minatursiation at my hairline to stop. I wonder if topical dutasteride at 0.05% 1x weekly or dutasteride mesotheraphy just at the hairline would really be enough to halt further loss
Try it! Also, perhaps you are not responding well to minoxidil because you lack the enzyme to activate it in your scalp - this is why oral works so much better for most people, it activates the molecule during first pass metabolism.

Prayformyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't let it ruin your life. It's not worth it. If you let people judge you by the amount of hair on your head instead of what comes out of your mouth, you have a damaging limiting belief. I would be severely depressed if I could not walk, talk, see or hear. You can do all those things. Don't let your youth be ruined by depression. Focus on other things you like about yourself besides how much hair you have. Or focus on other things you can control. Just use the big 3 and hope for the best.
Thanks man, i get that. i just know how attractive i feel when my hair was stable 4 months - 1 year into finasteride. i deleted reddit and discord and actually felt free again. I look and feel so much better with hair

Prayformyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try it! Also, perhaps you are not responding well to minoxidil because you lack the enzyme to activate it in your scalp - this is why oral works so much better for most people, it activates the molecule during first pass metabolism.
what would be best, dutasteride meso or topical dutasteride? dutasteride meso seems to be the safest with 80% of scalp dht inhibiton and almost no traces in serum dht

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks man, i get that. i just know how attractive i feel when my hair was stable 4 months - 1 year into finasteride. i deleted reddit and discord and actually felt free again. I look and feel so much better with hair
We all look better with hair but you just can't make it your main focus and be depressed. Most people outside this forum only will see a full head.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I buzz my head so short, if i was 30 onwards i'd 100% get SMP from a respected clinic.
I would not get SMP when it fades and discolors it looks bad. Transplants, a shaved head, buzz cut, or hair system are the best options depending on what you can tolerate and accept.

Prayformyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not get SMP when it fades and discolors it looks bad. Transplants, a shaved head, buzz cut, or hair system are the best options depending on what you can tolerate and accept.
i feel like my hair transplant aims are quite honest. I want to get a transplant as early as i can just to get a very strong hairline. im lucky that my body hair is so thick and my beard grafts are like 5 hairs per graft. All i want is a solid hairline then buzz / SMP

Prayformyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
what is your take on dutasteride mesotherapy? seriously debating this tbh.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
i feel like my hair transplant aims are quite honest. I want to get a transplant as early as i can just to get a very strong hairline. im lucky that my body hair is so thick and my beard grafts are like 5 hairs per graft. All i want is a solid hairline then buzz / SMP
Get a few live in person consults and see what the experts have to say. You need get professional opinions from doctors who have cases like yours everyday instead of relying on just this forum.