21 Yo With Devastating Hair Loss. Any Advice ?

Kiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am only 21 yo. Have been suffering of hair loss since i started puberty. I am norwood 4 now( if not 5). I have been on fina for a year and half now. First, it worked perfectly for me. Then it totally became useless. My hair is rapidly deteriorating and i need some advice to at least save what i have.
People with similar experience are very welcome to give me some advice.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20190601_155011.jpg
    20190601_155011.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 20190601_160215.jpg
    20190601_160215.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 352

Kiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i will. On my way to get my prescription for it. What is the recommended dose? Is there anything else i can do?
Anyone had a similar experience at this age like me .

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi kiro...... My opinion is either transplant or hair system....... You're dark skinned and black hair is perfect for a hair system....... I don't mean to put you off trying to keep what you've got but it is quite aggressive loss for your age and I feel you will never get enough growth from modern day treatments.
Good luck mate, I hope you get results

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to be the barer of bad news but it's not looking good. Adding Minoxidill (Regaine) may help somewhat but you'd need a hair transplant to get anything close to a full head of hair. A hair system could also be an option if you're down for that kind of thing. As for now you have two options in terms of improving the appearance, either just shave it completely, or trim the sides right down and use some hair fibres on top to make it look fuller, also some good facial hair will help out.

Kiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
i want at least to keep what i have for the next years. i do realize that what is gone is gone. considering a transplant i contacted some doctors and i have good mixed opinions.. some of them are willing to operate me, some are telling me to wait till my mid 20s , so i dont know
Since fina looks not to work perfectly for me, should i give dutastride a try?
thank you for your reply
Hi kiro...... My opinion is either transplant or hair system....... You're dark skinned and black hair is perfect for a hair system....... I don't mean to put you off trying to keep what you've got but it is quite aggressive loss for your age and I feel you will never get enough growth from modern day treatments.
Good luck mate, I hope you get results

Kiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to be the barer of bad news but it's not looking good. Adding Minoxidill (Regaine) may help somewhat but you'd need a hair transplant to get anything close to a full head of hair. A hair system could also be an option if you're down for that kind of thing. As for now you have two options in terms of improving the appearance, either just shave it completely, or trim the sides right down and use some hair fibres on top to make it look fuller, also some good facial hair will help out.
thank you. indeed grow a beard and use hair fibers and for sometime i was satisfied about it but then i feel like i am done with using them .. it is really a hard feeling
as i mentioned earlier i want at least to keep what i have, then in the next couple of years a transplant would be an option
thanks for your reply

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you. indeed grow a beard and use hair fibers and for sometime i was satisfied about it but then i feel like i am done with using them .. it is really a hard feeling
as i mentioned earlier i want at least to keep what i have, then in the next couple of years a transplant would be an option
thanks for your reply
The way I see it is the hair fibres are just hair product. Guys with full heads of hair use waxes and clays ect so what's the difference in applying some fibres instead? Plus women wear makeup so it shouldn't matter at all IMO.