21 Yo - Drugs Have Changed My Life – Oral Minoxidil + Finasteride

chrisyoung

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using 10mg (5mg twice a day) oral minoxidil every day for about 8 months.
My hair became much thicker, but no regrowth on my hairline.
I switched to 12.5mg oral minoxidil once a day, but since then I've been losing a lot of hair and can pull them out very easily.
Since then my scalp became also very itchy.
This has been the case for 3 weeks now and my status is getting worse and worse.
I also take 0.5mg dutasteride daily for over 2 years now btw.

Did you experience shedding while on oral minoxidil?
Any tips?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using 10mg (5mg twice a day) oral minoxidil every day for about 8 months.
I switched to 12.5mg oral minoxidil once a day, but since then I've been losing a lot of hair and can pull them out very easily.
This has been the case for 3 weeks now and my status is getting worse and worse.

Any tips?

I got a second shed from oral minoxidil about 7 months or so in, maybe you are experiencing that? theres a member here called georgie who takes 2.5mg and gets cyclical sheds every 6 months or so with oral minxoidil.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. How long did the shed last?

tbh im not sure, it was mostly from the top of my head, it was similar to the shed that i had when i first started oral minoxidil. im just hoping it doesn't return in another 6 months time :( My crown is mostly what im worried with.

Kamran737

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, Polish, why didn't you use dutasteride? Dutasteride temples would probably make them stronger.

Kamran737

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "DuckThisSheet, post: 1806163, member: 139608"] Mikronedling'i deneyebilirsiniz, gittikçe daha fazla ppl bununla harika sonuçlar verir. [/ QUOTE]
Hey, Polish, why didn't you use dutasteride? Dutasteride temples would probably make them stronger.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem mate. Glad your doing good. Did you notice increased body hair or beard growth? @DuckThisSheet
Yeah, hair started growing almost everywhere. Places where I noticed hair growth:
-head <the whole topic is about it>
-beard <I had a lot of places where the beard didn't grow, now it looks better, but it's still not very thick>
-eyelashes
-eyebrows
-back of the neck
-hands
-legs
- *** <lol>

Still 0 chest hair

Glad that you're doing fine, mate. Hairline is tough to manage especially when you have aggressive baldness. You may want to again intro spironolactone at 100mg to increase effectiveness of oral minoxidil so that it help you in achieving your dream hairline.

I have considered spironolactone, but I have read too many opinions that it is a medicine that you do not want to take for a long time. Also, I doubt if I can get this medicine from doctor.

What's your Experience with the foam?
I'm using kirkland's minoxidil. (The same as OP, if i remember correctly.)

I use polish brand "Alopexy" couse its the cheapest minoxidil brand in Poland, but i believe that there is not much difference between brands

Coz it sounds dangerous - if it was allowed or safe, surely they would make a version without a dropper and say drink it!
From my first post:
"Is it safe? Relatively so, because a small amount of MInoxidil (+ -5mg) should not significantly affect your blood pressure. Somewhere I read that MInoxidil affects the pressure from 20mg and above. All ingredients that are in liquid minoxidil, are approved to consume, a small exception is ethylene glycol, which is a poisonous substance in large quantities, but you can consume it in small amounts."

If im not wrong someone once counted the lethal dose of glycol and something closer to liters than milliliters came out. But I'm based on what I read on the internet, so you never know. There is always some risk if something is poisonous.
Hi,

Any tips?

Shedding is not always bad thing, sometimes it is a sign that soon there will be regrowth. Im also probably also in shedding phase, but more about that in the next post.

I was close to starting taking dutasteride, I even talked to the doctor about it, but my dermatologist was not very knowledgeable about it and said that he will read about it and we will talk at the next visit.

At the moment, for all medications I take, I get a prescription from a doctor and I would like it to last as long as possible.

But anyway I made the decision that I hold on to dutasteride until I notice a significant thickening of the hairline. There are opinions that finasteride will lose strength after a few years and I will probably wait with dutasteride till this moment

Last edited:

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, hair started growing almost everywhere. Places where I noticed hair growth:
-head <the whole topic is about it>
-beard <I had a lot of places where the beard didn't grow, now it looks better, but it's still not very thick>
-eyelashes
-eyebrows
-back of the neck
-hands
-legs

Does hands keep getting hairy or is there any stop to it?

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wDZhutAh.jpg

Ok, little update

I have no idea if anything has changed with my hairline, I leave it to you.

Things that have changed or are worth noting:
-I started to use natural shampoo- I don't buy shampoos anymore in stores, my sister started to make shampoos herself and I use them at the moment. I have no idea if this changes anything, but its worth noting. Still use NIzoral from time to time
-In the last 4 weeks, I've only used dermapen once :( I haven't had time for it completely. I hope to return to using it soon
-I was on vacation for a week, where I took Finn and minoxidil only twice
-I still don't eat dairy, because it's tragic for my acne, I still don't know if it affects my hair
-I practically don't take dietary supplements except Omega 3, still have some zinc and kelp pills, which i have to use someday

I am probably in the shedding phase. I have no idea if it was caused by the fact that I did not take medicine for 5 days or just shedding after 12 months. Combing my hair with my hand, I can pull out + - 10 hair at a time.

But I don't care too much about shedding as long as my hair condition doesn't get worse.

I don't have any side effects at the moment, except for hair in unwanted places, but it's hard to avoid.

At the moment I am determined that I will give a chance to additional dose of 5mg Minoxa in the morning. But I have no idea when I start it.

I will answer the question sooner or later, now I will go on vacation again, but I do my best to come here from time to time

Take care guys ^^

Kamran737

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 126391

Ok, little update

I have no idea if anything has changed with my hairline, I leave it to you.

Things that have changed or are worth noting:
-I started to use natural shampoo- I don't buy shampoos anymore in stores, my sister started to make shampoos herself and I use them at the moment. I have no idea if this changes anything, but its worth noting. Still use NIzoral from time to time
-In the last 4 weeks, I've only used dermapen once :( I haven't had time for it completely. I hope to return to using it soon
-I was on vacation for a week, where I took Finn and minoxidil only twice
-I still don't eat dairy, because it's tragic for my acne, I still don't know if it affects my hair
-I practically don't take dietary supplements except Omega 3, still have some zinc and kelp pills, which i have to use someday

I am probably in the shedding phase. I have no idea if it was caused by the fact that I did not take medicine for 5 days or just shedding after 12 months. Combing my hair with my hand, I can pull out + - 10 hair at a time.

But I don't care too much about shedding as long as my hair condition doesn't get worse.

I don't have any side effects at the moment, except for hair in unwanted places, but it's hard to avoid.

At the moment I am determined that I will give a chance to additional dose of 5mg Minoxa in the morning. But I have no idea when I start it.

I will answer the question sooner or later, now I will go on vacation again, but I do my best to come here from time to time

Take care guys ^^

Ben sana mesaj göndermek istiyorum

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does hands keep getting hairy or is there any stop to it?

Not sure if i got question right :eek:
I seem to be in a place where the hair on my hands has stopped growing.
I have never had excessive hair and still do not have. Hair on the hands would be 100% normal if the hair did not reach 1/3 of the palm.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How the hell did you not get sides from oral minoxidil? No heart issues, no water retention?

I wrote everything before. TLDR
At the beginning there were some small heart problems, but everything passed over time.

There is a small chance that I have water retention somewhere, but I do not see it lol

Blood Press 22.08.2019

qs6OVsRh.jpg

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wrote everything before. TLDR
At the beginning there were some small heart problems, but everything passed over time.

There is a small chance that I have water retention somewhere, but I do not see it lol

Blood Press 22.08.2019

View attachment 126715
Yeah, sorry, I did not read through entire thread. Could you tell me your exact oral minoxidil dosage? You just drink the minoxidil or use lomatin tablets?

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I need this. I'm a smoothskin. No beard, sparse eyebrows, smooth hands (no hair). I was taking minoxidil orally as Loniten tablets and also drinking it, but I overdid it, got severe water bloat and heart issues. I might try again, but way more carefully this time. I could REALLY benefit aesthetically from more hair on my face, including beard, eyebrows, hairline thickening.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every now and then check the pressure, the weight and check if any part of your body is swollen, because I heard about the case where with a large amount of Mionoxidil, there was retention of water in the legs and it looked like swelling.

True, I went to doctor once I noticed my feet had swollen up and you couldn't see bone.