21 Yo - Drugs Have Changed My Life – Oral Minoxidil + Finasteride

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure the source didnt mean longer ear and nose hair? That's what happened me
How effective was it for you?

I mean I don't have hair in my ears, and I don't want them to be there.

What other sides did you face?

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How effective was it for you?

I mean I don't have hair in my ears, and I don't want them to be there.

What other sides did you face?

I took 10mg a day for at least a year, hair increase everywhere, no sides but the talk about them did put me off it. I might start again after FUE

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 10mg a day for at least a year, hair increase everywhere, no sides but the talk about them did put me off it. I might start again after FUE
FUE? AFAIK, Oral minoxidil most prominent effect is on temples.

Just tell me about scalp. How was regrowth?

You might want to take till 30mg to regrow temples.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trimming nose hair more often seems like a pretty light trade off for regrowth of hair.
Yes.. But I'm already using a combo of minoxidil which has finasteride, tretinoin and hydrocortisone as other ingredients, so I don't think I need such a powerful growth stimulant atm.
I would try topical Bicalutamide if shedding isn't stopped by Finasteride oral.

Milard

My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you lose all your gains after stopping it? What about extra body and facial hair, did they remain?

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you lose all your gains after stopping it? What about extra body and facial hair, did they remain?
Yes I lost everything. The hair growth I gained from loniten 10mg (and lost) appeared on head, arms and hands.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I lost everything. The hair growth I gained from loniten 10mg (and lost) appeared on head, arms and hands.
Gosh!! You could have reduced the dose to 2.5mg and retained your gains. I don't listen much to fear-mongers - I know I will have multiple diseases from depression and stress if I go bald.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gosh!! You could have reduced the dose to 2.5mg and retained your gains. I don't listen much to fear-mongers - I know I will have multiple diseases from depression and stress if I go bald.
I hadnt planned on stopping, just couldnt get anymore. Felt better after it though as wasnt sure of long term oral minoxidil effects.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** this sh*t, when i reach 1 year on finasteride and nizoral alone (10 months in) im going to start oral liquid min and dermarolling. Which dose do you recommend i start with and is there something i should be aware of when taking oral liquid min? @DuckThisSheet

Last edited:

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, I'm sorry that I did not answer, but I started summer job and dont have too much time beside I try not to think too much about my hair, so I'm less and less coming in here.

Perhaps next week I will insert some photos, although it seems to me that too much does not change. At the moment I am OK with my baldness. It's just OK, I can live with it, although it's not my dream hairline.

I am considering the idea to start taking 5mg of Minoxidil in the morning, and the current 25mg still in the evening. I always took minoxidil before bedtime, so I do not know how I would feel when I started taking it in the morning.
But this is only an idea, I will think about it when I finish my summer job.

@DuckThisSheet - Do you have excess hair in your nose and ears from oral minoxidil? I've again started oral minoxidil after dropping it for this reason.

Completely zero hair in the ears.

In my nose I trimmed several hairs several times because I was afraid that they might already be noticeable.

f*** this sh*t, when i reach 1 year on finasteride and nizoral alone (10 months in) im going to start oral liquid min and dermarolling. Which dose do you recommend i start with and is there something i should be aware of when taking oral liquid min? @DuckThisSheet

The less it is safer. If you are not as desperate as I was, start with 2.5mg, and then gradually increase if there are no side effects, or if the effects will not please you.

Should you be aware of something? Nah, I do not think so. I wrote about the majority of side effects in the subject. If something happens, you probably will notice it, but with a dose of 2.5mg you should not get too many side effects, because this dose will not affect the blood pressure.

Every now and then check the pressure, the weight and check if any part of your body is swollen, because I heard about the case where with a large amount of Mionoxidil, there was retention of water in the legs and it looked like swelling.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, I'm sorry that I did not answer, but I started summer job and dont have too much time beside I try not to think too much about my hair, so I'm less and less coming in here.

Perhaps next week I will insert some photos, although it seems to me that too much does not change. At the moment I am OK with my baldness. It's just OK, I can live with it, although it's not my dream hairline.

I am considering the idea to start taking 5mg of Minoxidil in the morning, and the current 25mg still in the evening. I always took minoxidil before bedtime, so I do not know how I would feel when I started taking it in the morning.
But this is only an idea, I will think about it when I finish my summer job.

Completely zero hair in the ears.

In my nose I trimmed several hairs several times because I was afraid that they might already be noticeable.

The less it is safer. If you are not as desperate as I was, start with 2.5mg, and then gradually increase if there are no side effects, or if the effects will not please you.

Should you be aware of something? Nah, I do not think so. I wrote about the majority of side effects in the subject. If something happens, you probably will notice it, but with a dose of 2.5mg you should not get too many side effects, because this dose will not affect the blood pressure.

Every now and then check the pressure, the weight and check if any part of your body is swollen, because I heard about the case where with a large amount of Mionoxidil, there was retention of water in the legs and it looked like swelling.
Glad that you're doing fine, mate. Hairline is tough to manage especially when you have aggressive baldness. You may want to again intro spironolactone at 100mg to increase effectiveness of oral minoxidil so that it help you in achieving your dream hairline.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you wanna do tablet, many people use Thailand pharmacy (Google). I you are going the same route as OP, and drinking liquid minoxidil, kirklands solution are being sold everywhere online.
Anyway OP, i have just started oral liquid minoxidil straight from the dropper (10mg) today. I'll keep you updated.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you wanna do tablet, many people use Thailand pharmacy (Google). I you are going the same route as OP, and drinking liquid minoxidil, kirklands solution are being sold everywhere online.
Anyway OP, i have just started oral liquid minoxidil straight from the dropper (10mg) today. I'll keep you updated.

I'm keen to try this. Been using 2 years now Minoxidil the foam variation applied to head.

Which one are you using Dane? And isn't 10mg too high, he said start with 2.5? Where can I get it from what your using?

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your Experience with the foam?
I'm using kirkland's minoxidil. (The same as OP, if i remember correctly.) Just type it in Google and you'll find it everywhere online - 3 month supply cost about 30 GBP. Each bottle has 60 ml.
0,25 ML = 12,5MG orally.
So one bottle lasts 240 days using 12,5MG pr. day.
3 bottles = 720 days for 30 GBP.
That's like 0,04166667 GBP a day.
You do the math with 2,5mg or 5mg.

OP replied "if youre not desperate as i was, use 2,5mg." And honestly, i'm desperate. I want thikening. I'm norwood 3v, and i'm diffused thinning everywhere on my head. I wan't regrowth or atleast thickening.
OP himself started straight 20mg, got sides, decreased to 10mg, and everything went smooth and he even gradually increased dosage after that. I'll evaluate after 6 months, if it works i might increase with 5mg too.

Last edited: