21 Yo - Drugs Have Changed My Life – Oral Minoxidil + Finasteride

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you stop? Did you take fina/duta?
I took loniten 10mg and kirkland minoxidil 5%, I was never completely relaxed about taking loniten as long term health effects aren't clear cut from what I was reading (there are a lot of people warning against it) but I was initially getting good gains. The website I bought from (qhi) got shut down so I couldn't find anymore to buy and that helped make up my mind, been on topical throughout, 8 years now.

I plan on trying finasteride when I've finished having children, booked in for transplant in a few weeks so hoping that will be a big help.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took loniten 10mg and kirkland minoxidil 5%, I was never completely relaxed about taking loniten as long term health effects aren't clear cut from what I was reading (there are a lot of people warning against it) but I was initially getting good gains. The website I bought from (qhi) got shut down so I couldn't find anymore to buy and that helped make up my mind, been on topical throughout, 8 years now.

I plan on trying finasteride when I've finished having children, booked in for transplant in a few weeks so hoping that will be a big help.

Taking minoxidil alone is a bit stupid, isnt it?
People who take only minoxidil often say that Minoxidil loses strength after some time. But this is not entirely true. I believe (As many people) that the problem is not blocking DHT, which can affect your regrown hair after some time.

But I understand your reasons 100%. I know that I will have a big problem myself when I will try to get a child someday.
And I will probably have to put away the finasteride for some time. But fortunately, this is not the moment for a child :D

Have you lost your gains after stopping Loniten?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking minoxidil alone is a bit stupid, isnt it?
People who take only minoxidil often say that Minoxidil loses strength after some time. But this is not entirely true. I believe (As many people) that the problem is not blocking DHT, which can affect your regrown hair after some time.

But I understand your reasons 100%. I know that I will have a big problem myself when I will try to get a child someday.
And I will probably have to put away the finasteride for some time. But fortunately, this is not the moment for a child :D

Have you lost your gains after stopping Loniten?
I understand why people are worried about starting a family but my case has been different - I somehow feel more (or equally) hornier since starting Finasteride.

Moreover, if he's not taking a DHT blocker, he must have disclosed it in his initial replies. Not all people have the money to get a hair transplant. Not many people want to get them for other reasons - make them look fake, transplantsed hair ultimately fall after some 3 to 5 years, they've diffuse thinning etc.
Oral minoxidil on my opinion (in lower doses) is one of the safest and effective medicines.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand why people are worried about starting a family but my case has been different - I somehow feel more (or equally) hornier since starting Finasteride.

This is not about how horny you are after taking Finasteride.

If you make your woman pregnant while taking finasteride and she gives birth to a boy, there is a small chance that the boy will be born with deformed sexual organs

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you remember in which month you reached a peak of regrowth?

Sorry for the late reply, tbh i didn't get much benefit on 10mg of oral minoxidil, diffuse thinning on top got slightly better but my crown is still in bad shape. Right now im using 20mg oral and topical minoxidil on my crown area. Still not seeing that great of results but time will till tell.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, tbh i didn't get much benefit on 10mg of oral minoxidil, diffuse thinning on top got slightly better but my crown is still in bad shape. Right now im using 20mg oral and topical minoxidil on my crown area. Still not seeing that great of results but time will till tell.
With DHT blocker or without?

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can try microneedling, more and more ppl have great results with it.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Moreover, if he's not taking a DHT blocker, he must have disclosed it in his initial replies. Not all people have the money to get a hair transplant. Not many people want to get them for other reasons - make them look fake, transplantsed hair ultimately fall after some 3 to 5 years, they've diffuse thinning etc.
Oral minoxidil on my opinion (in lower doses) is one of the safest and effective medicines.

You want a healthy child. That could otherwise be an even worse feeling than losing some hair. That's why you get off the meds (up to 6 months depending on what you take) when you want to get going.

I can also add that I know that there are no stories of people f*****g up their child because of finasteride/dutasteride but you don't want to be the first in that category do you? Generally, birth defects and most probably health concerns of your child are probably kept at a minimum because of meds because most people actually listen to their doctor.

Just like people give birth to children at the hopistal, other parents say good bye to theirs.

Last edited:

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You want a healthy child. That could otherwise be an even worse feeling than losing some hair. That's why you get off the meds (up to 6 months depending on what you take) when you want to get going.

I can also add that I know that there are no stories of people f*****g up their child because of finasteride/dutasteride but you don't want to be the first in that category do you? Generally, birth defects and most probably health concerns of your child are probably kept at a minimum because of meds because most people actually listen to their doctor.

Just like people give birth to children at the hopistal, other parents say good bye to theirs.
Darling, I said I understand that. It seems that the guy hasn't taken fina for years due to possibility of sides and is then insinuating oral minoxidil.
After saying this, I went on to narrate my case.

I don't see what I said wrong that you guys have started lecturing me. Please read my content again. All you say is sth I completely agree with, so I've nothing else to add.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oke doke, I visited the hairdresser after more than two months :rolleyes:. The results are below. Redness in some pictures is from microneeding.
Overall, I'm happy, there is still a lot to improve, but when I look at these photos I am optimistic.

Maybe this summer, I'll pick up some girls, who know :D

Wet
ZcVHRx9h.jpg

Dry
QKEJwbHh.jpg

Dry
hGieNxyh.jpg

A few people DMed me about dark circles. I slept off hard days at the university and took some pictures. And you know what? It seems to me that I do not have dark circles xD. Rate it by yourself. But it seems to me that the girls who dont do make up, have bigger dark circles than me :D

oBlr17mh.jpg

But not everything is perfect. Recently, several people have noticed that I'm getting very hairy.

-I've been suggested to adjust my eyebrows
-I was told that I have long lashes - And that's the f*****g truth LUL Most women probably dream about such lashes xD
-I was told that I have more hairy hands than my friends and probably because of amount of Testosterone :D
0xpgaXsh.jpg

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oke doke, I visited the hairdresser after more than two months :rolleyes:. The results are below. Redness in some pictures is from microneeding.
Overall, I'm happy, there is still a lot to improve, but when I look at these photos I am optimistic.

Maybe this summer, I'll pick up some girls, who know :D

Wet
View attachment 121445

Dry
View attachment 121446

Dry
View attachment 121447

A few people DMed me about dark circles. I slept off hard days at the university and took some pictures. And you know what? It seems to me that I do not have dark circles xD. Rate it by yourself. But it seems to me that the girls who dont do make up, have bigger dark circles than me :D

View attachment 121448

But not everything is perfect. Recently, several people have noticed that I'm getting very hairy.

-I've been suggested to adjust my eyebrows
-I was told that I have long lashes - And that's the f*****g truth LUL Most women probably dream about such lashes xD
-I was told that I have more hairy hands than my friends and probably because of amount of Testosterone :D
View attachment 121449
@DuckThisSheet - Do you have excess hair in your nose and ears from oral minoxidil? I've again started oral minoxidil after dropping it for this reason.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg. I just took it for about 5 days and then upon hearing that it can cause h growth in nose and ears, I dropped it.

Are you sure the source didnt mean longer ear and nose hair? That's what happened me