21 Year Old Asian with Aggressive Hair Loss - How I'll Fight it!

hairlossat21

Reaction score
So I've read a lot of your stories here and I've decided to post my own! I'm an athletic kinda guy- I attend a prestigious university, having a pretty good looking girlfriend and such.

Hair loss runs rampant in my family, and it's definitely killing my ego. It's one of those things where when you're short and such, it's rather depressing. I'm only 21, so I'm too young for a hair transplant (nor could I afford it).

So I've decided to fight it after reading some success stories! I'll be posting my pictures here once a month, lemme know what y'all think :D

Oh and I'm suffering from diffuse balding (tho i've NEVER had thick hair) and receding temples.

What I'm using:
1.25 mg propecia generic once per day
5000 mg biotin
Nizoral M W F
Lipogaine (on hair line only)

Here's me at 1 month use so far, and definitely experiencing some shedding.

photo (1).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto.jpg

Any opinions/ advice would be appreciated :)

P.S NO SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS!
...but I do feel like I last longer in bed now as well!
aka don't listen to those fear mongers, propecia isn't as bad as its made to be.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems the right side of the hairline is a little bit more thinner that the left, unless the pictures are mirrored but you get my point. It's certainly not bad and you're doing the right thing. Good luck, brah, and remember, some people may not even see results for up to 18 MONTHS! Have patience, have a feeling you'll be successful. Best wishes!

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that we are all in the same boat. Good luck!!!

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Indeed it is! I'm fighting it, hopefully it'll work wonders :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate :), how are the results on your end?

hairlossat21

Reaction score
I know right?

What's the most important ability for an asian?

...to style their damn hair into crazy spiked up sh*t!!

I hate watching my forehead grow each year and the temples reside.. so depressing.

How's your battle going?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haha..I am asian too! .. the fun part of having thick dark hair is put wax/gel on it and style your hair however you want to all morning!! but now I keep my hair short (shaved my head a couple of times too) and there is no fun there any more!

madman

Reaction score
I'm asian too and it sucks seeing every other asian with a perfect hairline and spiked up hair. I'm just hoping the big 3 regime I've been on will start regrowing some of my hair

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Hey folks!

Just a heads up, noticing after a month and 2 weeks that my temples are filling in with thin black hair.
Will update with photos in 2 weeks. :)

Changed from lipogaine to Kirkland due to price...

Back of head: +1 due to a lessening of hair that falls out in the shower
Front of Forehead: -1 due to a shed of frontal hair
Right temple: +2 LOTS of tiny hairs growth
Left temple: even rating, has not changed as much but definitely a little regrowth as well.

Cheers friends. :)

Tristan201

Reaction score
Good luck, man! How long have you already been using those meds?

Reaction score
Asian decent here too. Sounds like some nice progress. Especially how you mentioned that you see growth little after a month. The kirkland should work out fine for you. Ive been using it for the past two years and its working out just fine. Just ride through the finasteride testicle pain and loss in libido if you experience any. From my experience, a little exercise helped with the pain and libido problems.

madman

Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 for 4 months an I see a ****load if tiny hairs filling in my hairline. Idk if they will turn into thick terminal hairs, but it seems like they are slowly getting longer and darker.

hairlossat21

Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 for 4 months an I see a ****load if tiny hairs filling in my hairline. Idk if they will turn into thick terminal hairs, but it seems like they are slowly getting longer and darker.

Hey Madman,

so glad to hear that!!!! I think so too for me and I'm only on month 1 and a week more :)

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck, man! How long have you already been using those meds?

Hey Tristan,

I've used it for around a month and a week or two (give or two as I'm basing it on my propecia pills packages of 10 [5 mg each that I split into .5 mg for 2 weeks and moved up from] and I've used almost a pack!

- - - Updated - - -

Asian decent here too. Sounds like some nice progress. Especially how you mentioned that you see growth little after a month. The kirkland should work out fine for you. Ive been using it for the past two years and its working out just fine. Just ride through the finasteride testicle pain and loss in libido if you experience any. From my experience, a little exercise helped with the pain and libido problems.

Rode out the testicle pain, no loss in libido (in fact, did the dirty deed twice today in between 4 hours! ;)

Glad to hear of your experiences :)

madman

Reaction score
So actually I started I use nizoral everyday, and I noticed I'm shedding a lot more. Even tho I have hairs growing in, my hairline seems to have receded a lot.

hairlossat21

Reaction score
So actually I started I use nizoral everyday, and I noticed I'm shedding a lot more. Even tho I have hairs growing in, my hairline seems to have receded a lot.

Probably nothing to do with nizoral. Unless you have extremely sensitive skin, it's probably your DHT increasing.

- - - Updated - - -

SPECIAL UPDATE:

First time to struggle with libido problems! Took a few hours before my girl could do her thing..

But I really felt like it was mostly cause you get so stressed from thinking its the propecia working.
In other words,
don't stress!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

NEW UPDATE WITH PICTURES!

WOW.

I'll let the results speak for themselves, but it's only been two weeks since the last picture updates...
Enjoy guys :)

Keep up the battle guys! For all those who are in despair from hair loss, THERE IS HOPE!!!!!
As a previous skeptic, I'm telling you results ARE POSSIBLE!

photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto (4).jpg

hahadaxiao

Reaction score
I`m also Asian . I`m Chinese . Cheer up ! You are not fighting with hairloss lonely ! Looking forward to your good news!

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
加油!!! 我是20岁,已经有这个脱发的问题。
希望将来 scientists discover a cure for this problem of ours...