21 Year Old Asian with Aggressive Hair Loss - How I'll Fight it!

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Wtf bro your hair color is different than the left ones

Probably just the lighting.
I'm not paid to do any of this- I'm simply sharing my story.

Fact is, my girlfriend of 6 years cheated on me with 2 guys a year ago- and I found out 2.5 months ago. It motivated me to become better as a person and raise my own self-esteem.

By the way, here's what people who go to forums look for- RESULTS!!!!

It has now been a little more than 2 months. Here is an after and before shot! :)

Big big BIG difference. Least in my opinion. More pictures coming up- but I've been busy from school.
P.S hair has stopped falling out in showers by the dozens. Now only 1-6 strands per day. AND sexual side effects are completely gone! (though my white stuff is definitely watery)

Cheers and keep up the good fight my fellow hairline fighters!

e55d8e31a10d3bc5fa2666d21eaa6b9b.jpg

wuhaoshady

Reaction score
Have you seen any positive result? I notice that you may have been on big three for like more than one year。

hairlossat21

Reaction score
I gave up, as Canada is blocking all propecia packages unless prescribed.

Will see dermatologist soon though to restart regiment

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if anyones still following on my battle against balding, but I wanted to give an update just in case.. (will post pictures soon).

First of all, non-doctor prescribed propecia has been blocked in Canada. I didn't even know it was an illicit drug till I dug into DEEP DEEP research. For something that's prohibited, it's sure lost in a muddle of laws that don't even specifically reference to it. It's also worse that it was acknowledged only when I demanded the sellers to explicitly state whether they were allowed to send it over and the answers were from one vendor 1) "yes it is legal and allowed" and the other 2) "due to increased security our company no longer sends to Canada".

In other words, nobody is willing to take legal responsibility. It's pretty much indirect false advertising.

Luckily I'm a university student, so I dug deep into the issue. And though I'm not a legal advisor of any means (I state that for legal purposes, I AM NOT A LAWYER OR A REPRESENTATER OF THE LAW) I will tell you based on my own research that it is a bad idea to buy this stuff. Just don't, see your doctor.

NOW ONTO THE GOOD NEWS

I am on 5000 mg biotin, 4 times a week use of Revita Shampoo, and daily 2 times a day application of Lipogaine.
For months before, I experimented with prescribed 5% minoxidil. Personal experience dictates that lipogaine, at least in my case, is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE.

And guys... after 5 months of use.. my hair has exponentially thickened in the back.

Like it's crazy. For the first 3 months, you struggle to see any difference. And you lose hope. Then boom! One day you look in the mirror and you can no longer see your scalp shining through.

If any of you guys have seen my past pictures, notice how I only show the forehead. That's because in the past, I applied it to forehead only (I was not balding in the back badly, figured the propecia would take care of it).

One day, I went to my work and my co-worker randomly blurted out that I was balding badly. ****ed up society eh, where hurting another's ego seems to be a daily conversation starter.

I was feeling helpless. But I was determined to fight it once more.

Anyways, 5 months in... the results suggest that like many others, minoxidil is pretty inept for temple/forehead maintainence. I put it on anyways because it's become a comforting factor (and that there's here-say that getting off it will make me bald in areas I've previously applied minoxidil to due to the hair strands becoming reliant on the stuff).

Nevertheless, it works GREAT for the back of the head. Like from see through, to a good 30-40% recovery.

Guys, it's not a miracle worker. Nor is it permanent. But is there a chance that it works? Yes.

Also please note that I DO NOT REPRESENT LIPOGAINE, MINOXIDIL COMPANIES, OR ANY OTHER HAIR TREATMENT RELATED COMPANIES OUT THERE. I started my regime based on inspiration gained from a fellow forum poster (you'll find him in this section, he posted in this thread as well).

I honestly am posting because like many of you out there, young and feeling hopeless as I once was, I too wanted to find sources. Sources that didn't seem like a scam. There's hope guys. I can't say my regime will work for you guys, but it's definitely worth a try.

Also love Revitra- I feel like it does thicken the hair (it claims to regrow hair, but I don't think I've experienced re-growth from it. Rather, clinically proven ingredients such as caffeine, biotin work towards thickening the look of the hair, which it definitely has helped).

Posted pictures are of 3 months ago, and a week ago. I have pictures from 6 months ago (it was much much worse), but the pictures I have on me (taken on my iphone for the record, thats the device ive used for all of them) do suggest that theres a lot of progress. Evidently, lighting may play a role. But I took multiple pictures to make sure I wasn't seeing things... that and I took the pictures at 1 am every night. I'm a university student, so I understand how important it is to consider limitations of any experiment.

Hope it helps guys, lemme know what you all think. And to those who bother posting comments that accuse me of working for companies... go for it if it helps you sleep at night. I honestly want to just contribute to the hair treatment society- if we don't have each other to hold each other up for fears and hair loss anxieties we don't wish to share with our friends and family, who do we have?

Cheers, and I'll keep you guys updated if theres any interest shown. photo 1.jpgphoto 2.JPG

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats some very impressive regrowth! Cograts!!!!

asian

Reaction score
Impressive growth! I'm 14 days back into treatment myself. Hope to see more updates about your progress!

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Hi all.

Sorry for not keeping up with this- I quit Minoxidil as it was getting to be too much. I got a prescription for propecia though...

Results are tough to say. Maybe holding whatever hair I have left- maybe slight decrease in rate of fall.

Will get back to you once I have time!

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Hi all!

So after around what, 3 years of warfare on my balding hair? I can say this:
Minoxidil (Rogaine now) and Propecia are NOT miracle workers in MOST cases, as I've heard from medical experts.
Personal experience? The combination results in temporary growth for a few months, and then begins to recede.

However, I believe that when you combine the two, the results stay for far longer. I've definitely stopped losing hair around 80% slower than I was a year ago, off Propecia and Minoxidil.

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Hi gang,

It has been a long 3 years, and I have finally given in to the fight.
Well I don't think given in is a good terminology - I think I've finally gained the confidence to accept who I am, and be happy with who I am.
I assure my readers; for those who are fighting the good fight - all the best! For me, it's the end of a long journey and daily routine of propecia, rogaine, and caffeine shampoo.

A word of caution: what really led to my final decision was my decreasing sex drive. At 24, I have a stunning girlfriend who has a high sex drive. For some reason, I couldn't get my mental sex drive going - there was just a 'roadblock' in my head where it seemed on days that I took a break off propecia, I would feel like a boy going through puberty again - all ready to go at it all day, every day!

I also found myself depressed, or suffering from symptoms of depression. There seemed to be days where I would be angry, for absolutely no reason. I'm sure there are many reasons when it comes to depression, but for me I began getting curious as to whether my hair meds were affecting me.

So it's been 2 months, and I've become a new man. Sex drive of an 18 year old again, and my mood is a lot more balanced. Off the meds completely, but still using caffeine shampoo (to keep it looking thicker). I can say with confidence propecia, at the very least, correlated to these issues for me. It could affect others differently (and not at all in side effects for many!) but for me, it wasn't worth it anymore.

I'd rather feel healthier than worry about hair at this point in my life. I'm sure everyone goes through their own effects, and this in no way applies to EVERYONE. This was my own journey, and my own experiences - feel free to use them at your own discretion.

Good luck to my fellow peers here, and it's been an honor to have spoken to so many of you here. Keep your heads up, and I hope to hear from many of you in the future.

I also expect to get a hair transplant within the next 4 years, but that's in the future. We'll see how it goes ;)

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,

Well I don't think given in is a good terminology - I think I've finally gained the confidence to accept who I am, and be happy with who I am.
I assure my readers; for those who are fighting the good fight - all the best! For me, it's the end of a long journey and daily routine of propecia, rogaine, and caffeine shampoo.

A word of caution: what really led to my final decision was my decreasing sex drive. At 24, I have a stunning girlfriend who has a high sex drive. For some reason, I couldn't get my mental sex drive going - there was just a 'roadblock' in my head where it seemed on days that I took a break off propecia, I would feel like a boy going through puberty again - all ready to go at it all day, every day!

I also found myself depressed, or suffering from symptoms of depression. There seemed to be days where I would be angry, for absolutely no reason. I'm sure there are many reasons when it comes to depression, but for me I began getting curious as to whether my hair meds were affecting me.

So it's been 2 months, and I've become a new man. Sex drive of an 18 year old again, and my mood is a lot more balanced. Off the meds completely, but still using caffeine shampoo (to keep it looking thicker). I can say with confidence propecia, at the very least, correlated to these issues for me. It could affect others differently (and not at all in side effects for many!) but for me, it wasn't worth it anymore.

I'd rather feel healthier than worry about hair at this point in my life. I'm sure everyone goes through their own effects, and this in no way applies to EVERYONE. This was my own journey, and my own experiences - feel free to use them at your own discretion.

Good luck to my fellow peers here, and it's been an honor to have spoken to so many of you here. Keep your heads up, and I hope to hear from many of you in the future.

I also expect to get a hair transplant within the next 4 years, but that's in the future. We'll see how it goes ;)
You've made a hard but sensible choice.
Look into pgd2 inhibitors like setipiprant if you want the effect of finasteride without the unwanted sides.

cthor

Reaction score
Hi gang,

Best of Luck in all your journies. I hope a non-invasive way of hair treatment comes out soon!

hairlossat21

Reaction score
Will definitely look into it, thank you.

Also important to note for everyone else: try a simple shampoo that isn't too concentrated with various chemicals. Find one for oily hair - keeps the scalp clean, and thus helps to keep the hair.

Might help!

InFe_eD

Reaction score
Hi hairloss21,
I had a similar experience like yours, receding hairline at a young age, did you get any cosmetic regrow from your regimE's?
I quit finasteride last year and distract myself from hair. everything is good until one day I look into the mirror and realized I can't pretend I don't care anymore. I'm contemplating dutasteride and hair transplant. But maybe I should do what you do, sometimes I feel like this is a losing battle and fighting it only prolonged the agony.
Best of luck to you and I hope you'll be happy with your decision.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice story, I'm asian too :D
Can I know what happened to your current hair now? Is it full of thick head of hair? Any pics to show me?