21 Receeding hairline/Balding started Finasteride 2 months ago

Hairloss21

My Regimen
Reaction score
H, Everyone, at the beginning i want to say sorry for any grammatical mistakes as English is not my first Language.

Im 21yo and my receding hairlane started about 1.5 years ago. My father and both my brothers have male pattern baldness that starts from the sides. Approximately in 2 years its gonna be so bad that i will just shave it completely which i really dont want to do. The baldness progresses slowly on the sides area, on the crown area im completely fine. I started finasteride 2 months ago and didnt see any progress but by reading the forum it needs more time i guess. My hair still falls during the shower daily and i noticed the hairs that are falling off got much thinner as my hairs that were falling off were thick before i started the treatment. Is it even possible for my hair in the sides area to even regrow? Is finasteride 1mg/daily enough or should i add something extra. I was reading few posts that oral minoxidil works really well, better than topical one which ive read damages the hair. I appreciate any advice from you guys as well as you sharing similar stories/recoveries or any kind of activity in general.

The pictures i took today after a shower with not completely dry hair. I also think one side is progressing quicker than the other one.

Attachments

• 165381621_888535085049254_4092944246889900680_n.jpg
    165381621_888535085049254_4092944246889900680_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 165820986_259989409091806_2701006426042620860_n.jpg
    165820986_259989409091806_2701006426042620860_n.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 251

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You caught it early and you'll probably get some regrowth. Stick with finasteride for at least 8-12 months before comparing results and don't stress about the hair you shed in the shower or throughout the day.
You can add topical/oral minoxidil and that will improve your results further. Oral works better and can have more side effects.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is this receeding? It literally looks like a nw1. Mate?! Hair is supposed to fall in the shower, you're saying your hair is thinning or receeding on the sides, yet your hairline is basically juvenile.

Last edited:

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You caught it early and you'll probably get some regrowth. Stick with finasteride for at least 8-12 months before comparing results and don't stress about the hair you shed in the shower or throughout the day.
You can add topical/oral minoxidil and that will improve your results further. Oral works better and can have more side effects.
I don't understand how he is receeding, the "worse" side he's pulling the side hairs. If he only pulls the top back, if would look straighter, and he's literally pulling it to the side which distorts it.

You can have nw2s that if they pull their hair to the side it'll look like a balding hairline. Even if they're like that their whole life.

Hairloss21

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is this receeding? It literally looks like a nw1. Mate?! Hair is supposed to fall in the shower, you're saying your hair is thinning or receeding on the sides, yet your hairline is basically juvenile.
It's not that bad yet so it doesn't look as bad in the pictures compared to other users. It doesn't change the fact that i'm balding as i have two brothers, one which is 2 years older than me and he is already at norwood3,5. Literally a year ago those sides were full of hair even when pulled back. I know people over dramatize but do i have to go to the point that i will be too embarrassed to have hair to start action? Do i really need to be half bald so someone on the forum can say, yeah you are balding? I wonder how many people wish to have started doing something way back when their hair was still alright,

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that bad yet so it doesn't look as bad in the pictures compared to other users. It doesn't change the fact that i'm balding as i have two brothers, one which is 2 years older than me and he is already at norwood3,5. Literally a year ago those sides were full of hair even when pulled back. I know people over dramatize but do i have to go to the point that i will be too embarrassed to have hair to start action? Do i really need to be half bald so someone on the forum can say, yeah you are balding? I wonder how many people wish to have started doing something way back when their hair was still alright,
Well my hair is thinning but I'm waiting to hop on that pill, also regardless if it was full, my sides were too but I'm 20 now so of course my hair has matured into a NW1.5. I mean you do you, but I'd kill for your hairline smh.

Hairloss21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my hair is thinning but I'm waiting to hop on that pill, also regardless if it was full, my sides were too but I'm 20 now so of course my hair has matured into a NW1.5. I mean you do you, but I'd kill for your hairline smh.
Yeah i dont even like my current hairline that much as it used to be perfect. If i knew earlier i would've jumped on the pill year ago. I can't think of living without hair it's just too much of my confidence. I still hope some hairs on the sides are gonna regrow eventually. If it would recede slightly more i would just shave myself bald. I know a lot of people have it worse but you know everyone has his own problems and we are used to different things and standards.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i dont even like my current hairline that much as it used to be perfect. If i knew earlier i would've jumped on the pill year ago. I can't think of living without hair it's just too much of my confidence. I still hope some hairs on the sides are gonna regrow eventually. If it would recede slightly more i would just shave myself bald. I know a lot of people have it worse but you know everyone has his own problems and we are used to different things and standards.
But you haven't even started receeding man, it is a dense NW1.5. You're lucky man, you don't understand. You think you're receeding when your hairline is basically juvenile but whatever

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
But you haven't even started receeding man, it is a dense NW1.5. You're lucky man, you don't understand. You think you're receeding when your hairline is basically juvenile but whatever
@Jacoby77, why are you saying that is a juvenile hairline? A good example of a juvenile hairline is Zayn Malik. The OP does not have that. And if you think that his hair is dense, you need to take a look at most hispanic young men's hair. It's so dense, even if they wet their hair, you don't see scalp and their foreheads are like two fingers.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jacoby77, why are you saying that is a juvenile hairline? A good example of a juvenile hairline is Zayn Malik. The OP does not have that. And if you think that his hair is dense, you need to take a look at most hispanic young men's hair. It's so dense, even if they wet their hair, you don't see scalp and their foreheads are like two fingers.
Zayn Maliks hairline is not an example of what the avg juvenile hairline looks like. His is much lower.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline is worse than his and you said mine is fine for now, so how is his bad if his is better than mine? I literally have the same hairline basically, I don't understand at all. And people say my hairline is good.

My hair is the same if I pull it harshly to the side, and people said (known users of this site), my hairline is fine for now. So how can this kid possibly be balding

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline is worse than his and you said mine is fine for now, so how is his bad if his is better than mine? I literally have the same hairline basically, I don't understand at all. And people say my hairline is good.

My hair is the same if I pull it harshly to the side, and people said (known users of this site), my hairline is fine for now. So how can this kid possibly be balding
In my opinion male pattern baldness seems to be unpredictable and a lot of people here are making guesses, some are educated guesses and some are straight up stupid. That's why it's really hard to decide if you want to take preventative measures or not.

Hairloss21

My Regimen
Reaction score

Bruh are you being serious? Balding is a process not something that happens overnight and in my family it goes slowly starting from the sides. Like im telling you i started losing hair and you are saying but your hair looks fine. Bro just because it looks fine now it doesnt mean its not receding like what the f***. In a year from now it would not look good anymore, thats why acting early is the best. Its better to prevent that from happening rather than trying to fix it when its too late.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yo isn't this guys hairline better than mine?
I think yours is more dense and slightly less recession. Most people tend to be their own worst critics. I finally realized my hair was not that bad when I got feedback from posters who were reputable and honest. Hopefully, you can accept that too.