20y Male, Insane Results On Hairline, Hope For Young Recession.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that most of the non sexual side effects were either placebo or not related to finasteride. But the sexual side effects were definitely related to finasteride.

It's an extemely hard choice and myself being 3+ month off finasteride I miss my hair so much. Before I quit I tols myself I'm gonna man the f*** up and not give a damn and just buzz it, but once you see how people and especially women perceive you as a baldy, you start to see things differently and you get a good reality check, and now all the posts I ever read coming from NW4+ start to make sense.

So give 0.5mg a try before you quit. Best of luck.

Yeah, me too. It's like when you have chest pain and then you go search for the internet and suddenly you have a heart disease and so on. This effect is really strong on people's minds. I'll try finasteride a little while longer, but I'm forced to quit if i can't function 100% sexually.

Sorry to hear that. i do know how you feel. Our hair is part of our identity, and hair loss takes and alters the identity of a person, and that can really hurt. I really want to man up too, just buzz it and make a new identity of how i look, but change is really hard. We as humans hate change.

The one thing i fear is how people see and think about me. It's not easy to just "don't give a f*** about what people think about you". We dress nice to look good, and we style our hair to look good. I stand 5'9 tall, receding at a young age and don't have cheekbones like an idolized male figure. So i don't have a lot to go on. My hair has always been my pride...

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. It's like when you have chest pain and then you go search for the internet and suddenly you have a heart disease and so on. This effect is really strong on people's minds. I'll try finasteride a little while longer, but I'm forced to quit if i can't function 100% sexually.

Sorry to hear that. i do know how you feel. Our hair is part of our identity, and hair loss takes and alters the identity of a person, and that can really hurt. I really want to man up too, just buzz it and make a new identity of how i look, but change is really hard. We as humans hate change.

The one thing i fear is how people see and think about me. It's not easy to just "don't give a f*** about what people think about you". We dress nice to look good, and we style our hair to look good. I stand 5'9 tall, receding at a young age and don't have cheekbones like an idolized male figure. So i don't have a lot to go on. My hair has always been my pride...

So much feels man, I can relate too much. Honestly when in comes to looking up symptoms online, then google is your biggest enemy and not your friend. You end up reading extreme solitary cases. You may wanna give zinc a try and if you want to go further you can try kegels, I tried them for a while and it can definitely improve your erection quality.

I understand what you're saying that hair makes our identity, but keep in mind that I see plenty of fullheads on daily basis that look like plain generic people with nothing stand out or impressive about them, but what would happen if those people were to lose their hair? Maybe calling them subhuman is a bit harsh, but you get my drift.

I now realise that to pull off the bald/balding look you need to make up in many other areas. First and foremost you gotta keep the hair buzz or else you look like a bum/dirty. Gotta dress more nicely, I also now make sure to keep my bodyfat lower as it helps give you a more prominent jawline, with hair I didn't care if I look more bulky. I was also thinking about getting a tan as now when you see the scalp you realise how white I am. Bottom line is, try to keep bodyfat on the low side, have decent muscle, a bit of tan going.
And it's sad that a guy dressed like a hobo but with good hair/haircut will almost always be considered better looking than the bald/muscular/tan dude.
Hang in there man, let's hope that with 0.5mg you'll be able to maintain/regrow your hair for many years coming with minimal side effects.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
So much feels man, I can relate too much. Honestly when in comes to looking up symptoms online, then google is your biggest enemy and not your friend. You end up reading extreme solitary cases. You may wanna give zinc a try and if you want to go further you can try kegels, I tried them for a while and it can definitely improve your erection quality.

I understand what you're saying that hair makes our identity, but keep in mind that I see plenty of fullheads on daily basis that look like plain generic people with nothing stand out or impressive about them, but what would happen if those people were to lose their hair? Maybe calling them subhuman is a bit harsh, but you get my drift.

I now realise that to pull off the bald/balding look you need to make up in many other areas. First and foremost you gotta keep the hair buzz or else you look like a bum/dirty. Gotta dress more nicely, I also now make sure to keep my bodyfat lower as it helps give you a more prominent jawline, with hair I didn't care if I look more bulky. I was also thinking about getting a tan as now when you see the scalp you realise how white I am. Bottom line is, try to keep bodyfat on the low side, have decent muscle, a bit of tan going.
And it's sad that a guy dressed like a hobo but with good hair/haircut will almost always be considered better looking than the bald/muscular/tan dude.
Hang in there man, let's hope that with 0.5mg you'll be able to maintain/regrow your hair for many years coming with minimal side effects.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try zinc and look into kegel exercises.

Yeah, i understand what you mean, and I agree. I think i could pull off a buzz cut, but i need to get my bodyfat down (around 18-20% now) and my face does always get much fat when i have high body fat. And of course get more muscle. i really can relate to that statement, now I'm at norwood 1.5 and can pull off a sidecut slick back, and i can dress like a bum, and not look that silly, but if i had buzzed hair or bald, i could never dress like that. So yeah, dressing nice does get more important when you buzz/shave.

Thanks, man. I'll hope it will get better. I will actually try l-arginine too, I've seen people write it works well with countering the sides of finasteride.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score

How has finasteride affected your beard growth by the way? I still got a developing beard, Dark under cheeks, but white hairs on the chin and don't want to f*** that up. Really want dark hair on my chin too, it's slowly darkening on the chins, but and i hope finasteride doesn't disrupt this procsess.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro check haden other post , and see his pictures, no way he will be Norwood 3 by age 23 . But he needs to stay on fian to keep his hair .
Nah its definitely possible. My hair was almost exactly like that at 20 and recession kicked in hydro-gear out of nowhere. Got on finasteride within months of noticing it, it didn't do sh*t for me, am 23 now with NW3 diffuse thinning. So definitely possible. Safest bet is to stay on finasteride if it works. But up to him, can take his chances.

But i have checked with my family history of balding, and my uncles, father, and mother's father is losing the hair at 20-25 year age, but they are in Norwood 3 at age 40-50, and i think i'll follow the same pattern, or maybe not.
Also I have almost no history of hair loss in my family, and of the people who have lost their hair it started in their late 30s at the earliest. So don't think because the rest of your family isn't balding that you can't get the gene from somewhere down the line.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah its definitely possible. My hair was almost exactly like that at 20 and recession kicked in hydro-gear out of nowhere. Got on finasteride within months of noticing it, it didn't do sh*t for me, am 23 now with NW3 diffuse thinning. So definitely possible. Safest bet is to stay on finasteride if it works. But up to him, can take his chances.

Also I have almost no history of hair loss in my family, and of the people who have lost their hair it started in their late 30s at the earliest. So don't think because the rest of your family isn't balding that you can't get the gene from somewhere down the line.

Hopefully finasteride and minoxidil have worked pretty well for me. I'm only receding, and have pretty thick hair.

Yeah, it's possible. Every person is different on how they lose their hair.

Thanks, man.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright.. In general, kegals are great, but you need to attempt to isolate the cause of the side effects and treat it the best way you can. Assuming your sides aren't psychological, they are stemming from the influx of unbound, free testosterone aromatizing into feminizing hormones. Physiologically, after puberty, sides do not stem from the loss of dht. Any function of dht on an androgen receptor can be replicated, all be it to a lesser extent occasionally, by testosterone. Once you cut out the dht conversion, you have a sh*t ton more free test floating around in your blood stream. What you need to do is upregulate your muscular androgen receptors and their sensitivity, which will actively reduce the amount of free test in circulation, causing a reduction in the feminizing hormones ("sides"). If you haven't already, I'd adopt a decently rigorous workout routine with lots of compound movements to hit numerous muscle groups. Not only will this help your sides, but it will spill over into every other facet of your life in a positive manner. Here's a study on working out with LCLT supplementation and increased androgen receptor function.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16826026

Last edited:

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright.. In general, kegals are great, but you need to attempt to isolate the cause of the side effects and treat it the best way you can. Assuming your sides aren't psychological, they are stemming from the influx of unbound, free testosterone aromatizing into feminizing hormones. Physiologically, after puberty, sides do not stem from the loss of dht. Any function of dht on an androgen receptor can be replicated, all be it to a lesser extent occasionally, by testosterone. Once you cut out the dht conversion, you have a sh*t ton more free test floating around in your blood stream. What you need to do is upregulate your muscular androgen receptors and their sensitivity, which will actively reduce the amount of free test in circulation, causing a reduction in the feminizing hormones ("sides"). If you haven't already, I'd adopt a decently rigorous workout routine with lots of compound movements to hit numerous muscle groups. Not only will this help your sides, but it will spill over into every other facet of your life in a positive manner. Here's a study on working out with LCLT supplementation and increased androgen receptor function.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16826026

Thanks!

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!
Just going to give you guys a update, for people looking for results like this.

http://imgur.com/a/t2HKw (scroll down for all pictures) You can see the right and the left corner. The right corner got the best results, because of deeper receding then left.

I'm only 6 months in the treatment and have responded well with finasteride and minoxidil. But there is a catch. I'm going to quit treatment because it's too expensive to a student at my age. Proscar is cheap, but i got little side-effects that i kinda hate ( loss of morning wood, and libido, maybe 70-80% erection strength, and acne. )The minoxidil is so f*****g expensive in my country, it's too costly...

I hope the receding stops, and maybe I'll just be stuck at norwood 2- 2.5. (same hair loss pattern as my father)

But i made this thread to show it's possible to regrow the hairline, it's hope if you catch it early and can afford the treatment and don't get sides.

Thanks!

You are really lucky to be responding so well to the treatment. Don't waste your fortune because of money. If I were you, I would take a f*****g loan to stay on the treatment. You can't put a price on your looks.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are really lucky to be responding so well to the treatment. Don't waste your fortune because of money. If I were you, I would take a f*****g loan to stay on the treatment. You can't put a price on your looks.

Yeah, lucky me. But it's a pain the *** too. I just dropped half the dosage of minoxidil to once a day instead of twice for 2 weeks now, and i can already see the hairs falling out, so i need to be at normal dosage. It's a real burden to have that gross minoxidil mix in my temples through the whole day.

Haha, yeah. I do care about how i look, but i can't afford it in the long run.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, lucky me. But it's a pain the *** too. I just dropped half the dosage of minoxidil to once a day instead of twice for 2 weeks now, and i can already see the hairs falling out, so i need to be at normal dosage. It's a real burden to have that gross minoxidil mix in my temples through the whole day.

Haha, yeah. I do care about how i look, but i can't afford it in the long run.

It usually takes weeks to months for hair to respond to stopping minoxidil cold turkey. I highly doubt you're losing hair on behalf of lowering the dosage.